Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Times
David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

Torrance police say the man was driving a pickup resembling the fugitive's. The incident happened just after the LAPD fired on women delivering newspapers nearby.

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

More here: The complete Los Angeles Times page

Those LEO's are a shameful act! They are looking for a huge burly black man and they open fire on a slender white guy!!!

This is police madness, inexcusable madness. You try and do this sort of criminally negligent shootings on an innocent black guy and see what will happen to you while in custody.

Thank God, these irresponsible idiots missed their target and none of their shots hit the innocent bloke.

Thank God again, none of their shots hit a bystander, otherwise Michelle would have crossed the country to lecture us against the evil guns and the need to control them.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the police can evidently shoot anyone they wan,t with impunity. All they have to say is "OFFICER SAFETY"!!!

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
They must be in a real state of panic, shoot first ask questions later.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The list of folks who are going to retire absurdly rich on the back of CA tax payers is growing. Its just a shame that big chunk ofthat money doesn't come from the officers themselves.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope huge punitive damages are awarded. That DOES come from the cops pockets. This is miserable. That level of fear is disgusting. I would make a bet that none of those guys are service veterans but HIGHLY likely to be college grads. A very higher percentage of those have NEVER been knocked on their ass in their entire life and do not respond well to being afraid.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Charlie Sheen is in on this now. It will be over soon.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the police can evidently shoot anyone they wan,t with impunity. All they have to say is "OFFICER SAFETY"!!!
Precisely. They are today's equivalent of the armed-retainer class in the service of the ruling elite. The rest of us have become the peasantry, in the eyes of the law expendable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and equal justice for all

that phrase is going the way of "smaller more responsible, transparent gov't"

just words, no meaning

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Torrance PD officers are apparently trained at Archibald, Louisiana!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

just words, no meaning
The solution, of course, would be to eliminate the very idea of platoons of armed agents of state roaming about seeking whom to devour. The whole idea is antithetical to a free republic. The general objection to such a circumstance contributed largely to the cause of the Revolutionary War.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm sure there's a lot more to this story than we know.

I'm sure he had it coming, even if he wasn't the intended perp.

None of you are LEO's and should judge LEO's actions.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He should have known his vehicle looked similar and drove something else right now with LEO's nervous.

Any I'm missing?

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He should have known his vehicle looked similar and drove something else right now with LEO's nervous.

Any I'm missing?

you are an idiot. that is what you are missing.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a bunch of loose cannons. And we all know who would go down in such an instance if an innocent citizen decided to defend himself even when the police mistakenly started it. Certainly a good argument for demanding that the public pack a fully automatic weapon and about a 1000 rds of ammo at all times. Never know when one might get hammered and fired on. Thankfully they have proven themselves quite inept. Can't hit the target even with a blindside attack.

In these cases, the offending officers and their superiors should be immediately fired. They obviously can not safely intermngle with a law abiding public. The city should also have to dip into it's police budget and extract the millions those innocent citizens will be awarded. The punitive damages in this case should really hurt.

The shoot first and let God sort it out should not be the creed of California's law enforcement.

Finally, If that person's rig had been licensed and identifiable, this type of thing would never happen.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/10/13.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Any I'm missing?

Are you serious?? Exclusively drive something else?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by toad

Any I'm missing?

you are an idiot. that is what you are missing.

Shoe fit, halfwit?

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Batchief909

Any I'm missing?

Are you serious?? Exclusively drive something else?

I'm not sure I could have made the sarcasm any heavier.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
just words, no meaning
The solution, of course, would be to eliminate the very idea of platoons of armed agents of state roaming about seeking whom to devour. The whole idea is antithetical to a free republic. The general objection to such a circumstance contributed largely to the cause of the Revolutionary War.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

No way in hell they're going to give up all the ground they've gained in recent years.
They're going to keep pushing foreward, count on it.

I'm just glad so far none of these officers of the "law" can hit what they're shooting at. Don't count on that to continue, though.
Smart money is investing in body bags right now.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 1minute

Finally, If that person's rig had been licensed and identifiable, this type of thing would never happen.

You mean like how the women's licensed truck prevented them from being shot by Police, in the first FUBAR shooting?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
GOTTA be more to this I hope beside a blue truck.

Also, out of curiousity I'm wondering at the gender of the Cops involved. I'm gonna float a WAG that a panicked guy is more likely to initiate inappropriate force than a woman.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Both incidents happened at about the same time, . This one just didn't get as much coverage. I believe both incidents involved houses that had "protective" details and vehicles that, due to whatever reasons, didn't stop immediately as they approached the houses. It was dark and the paper ladies didn't have their lights on. The were evidently spooked by the cops and took off faster toward the house. Not good enough. The LAPD's insurance company will pay.

That said, these threads about Dorner have proven very informative...lots of idiots identified.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,373
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.