Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sport Utility Rifle

Posted from the Nitro Express forum.
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showf...gonew=1#UNREAD

In an effort to avoid using the adopted language of the anti-gun crowd, my friends and I are refraining from using the term "assault rifle".
From now on, we refer to them as "Sport Utility Rifles"
In fact, that is exactly what they are!
So, I invite you and everybody you know to join in the movement to reject the use of the term "assault rifle" as well.

Postee by Huvius.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep], I guess people have forgotten the word RIFLE.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well when the Dept. of Homeland Security solicits opening bids for 7000 M4 carbines that it refers to as "Personal Defense Weapons" that have a select fire capability I call them a assault weapon .When the rest of us have them that are ONLY semi auto rifles they then become assault weapons according to the liberal media [bleep].I've personally never assualted anybody with my AR-15 or had to use it as a weapon. Von Gruff you do as you like I'll go along with steelhead and call mine a rifle. Magnum Man

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How about "ergonomic rifle"?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Von Gruff you do as you like I'll go along with steelhead and call mine a rifle. Magnum Man

It seems you have miss read my post. I was re-posting someones post from another forum and acknowledged it as such, for interest on the campfire. I have bolt rifles only ( by choice) but thought, wrongly it seems, that it might be of as much interest here as it has been on other forums.

Von Gruff.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Von, I didn't misread it at all. I've never called my AR or any other semi -auto an assualt rifle. that is a media manufactured injustice of the first order, they call them that for the negative conotaions that it generates and that is the kinda crap that gun haters dote on.I don't know anyone with an AR semi auto who calls it an assualt rifle only those who don't have one or a clue as to what one really is, call them assualt rifles. It's not an assualt rifle unless it has a selectfire capability PERIOD.Last I knew all the licensed assualt rifles in this country have never been involved in any crime as they are heavily over regulated and damned few exist. The whole point of the media turds referring to them as a assualt rifle is too convince the public that millions of people own guns that are machine gun capable when that is simply a lie. Lying is how they make their case period.gunowners on the 24 hr fire know this and don't use media terminology to describe inaccurately what their firearms are. Magnum Man

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That's what Kel-Tec calls their rifles.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is a tongue-in-cheek re-wrangling of that media term.
Straight over their heads Von Gruff...

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
It is a tongue-in-cheek re-wrangling of that media term.
Straight over their heads Von Gruff...

Yep "J" it was the OP's suguestion that if the term came into common usage it might just start to permeate through into the MSM liberals thick skulls that there is a difference between an assult rifle and a sporting rifle that just happens to have a semi automatic loading ability. Never mind though it has received a much better reception on another couple of forums.

[By the way I just sent off a piece on my new 6.5 GM to G&H and Peter said it will be in the next issue.]

Von Gruff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always thought you could "assault" someone with any gun.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The AR's are fine rifles, nothing wrong with owning or shooting one. I think an AR-10 chambered for 7mm-08 would make for a fine deer rifle. We can't shoot deer with 22 CF's here.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about GOvernment Limitation Device - GOLD

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10ring1, 1minute, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,411
Posts18,507,124
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.