Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ColdBore
fed up with the "I'm absolutely right and there is zero room for any disagreement" mentality that some automatically revert to when their precious thoughts aren't 100% agreed with.

I have found that is not confined to Catholics, but to most who proudly and loudly label themselves as 'Christian"...it also applies across the board in the case of Liberals. Seriously.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Some of you need to switch to decaf.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I respect his actions, it is rare for a man of such great power to recognize his limitations and pass the torch before it is too late. A wise man indeed this Pope, may God Bless and comfort him the rest of his days.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im on my first cup of high octane....its m,onday morning...dont expect sheer profundity from here.... crazy

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jesus is the head of the church.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wonder if he has to sign a no compete contract?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Originally Posted by pumpgun
You gentlemen need to show some respect for the head of the church.

tom

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. No I am not RC and yes I have serious theological differences with RC doctrine so deep that I could not be RC.

Nevertheless the Pope IS the head of the world wide RC church and as such deserves the respect of the office. Just as most of us here, I suspect, respect the OFFICE of the President of the United States even if we abhor the human filth that now occupies it.

Not being in the habit of calling any man a liar out of hand nor being real big on conspiracy theories I believe Pope Benedict is convicted of just what he said in the statment I read. He said that he did not have the physical strength or mental accuity to bear the burden anylonger. He recognized it in himself.

I respect the man very much for doing what he feels is right for the office intrusted to him and stepping aside instead of hanging on to the bitter end.

I reapeat, I respect the heck out of him even if I don't agree with him religiously.
Well said and I agree.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timberlake
Originally Posted by Odessa
Maybe he is just old and worn out and is telling the truth.

Probably, very close to the truth. At any rate, he isn't exactly walking off the job, shuffling is more like it.

I agree. He took the job at 78 years old.

How many of you, at 85 years old think that you could handle the job still?

I'm wondering if there isn't a major health concern going on in his life right now...

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mosby
I wonder if he has to sign a no compete contract?

I'm so stealing that!

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The old German is tired.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pumpgun
You gentlemen need to show some respect for the head of the church.

tom

I'm with ya. But you're talking to some people who don't show respect to those who literally lay down their lives for the freedoms they enjoy. And would undoubtedly argue the point from a "higher ground."

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Im on my first cup of high octane....its m,onday morning...dont expect sheer profundity from here.... crazy

Dude, thought you were retarded... err, retired? And yet you still hate Mondays?

My faith in humanity has just been shaken...

Last edited by KDK; 02/11/13.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
first time one has just quit, in recent times.
Story here

Guess they will have to get together, and pick a new one.

Apparently, he's fed up of all the Catholic bashing on the Fire and won't be posting here anymore...

heh...I wonder what his handle was?

amazing, our resident whack jobs can find a conspiracy in a very ill 85 year old man choosing to let someone who can do the very demanding job better take his place.

take a quick look around and see how many other 85 year olds still work full time plus.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I respect his actions, it is rare for a man of such great power to recognize his limitations and pass the torch before it is too late. A wise man indeed this Pope, may God Bless and comfort him the rest of his days.

I concur, isn't humility a major theme of the Old and New Testaments?? Oh, and I'm not RC......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

heh...I wonder what his handle was?

If anyone knows, please send him a PM to see if he could arrange a plague of locusts for Pinedale WY before he punches out.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I suspect that something ugly is coming down and he feels that he just doesn't have the energy to tackle it. Wants a new, more energetic cardinal to take over. I am sure there are plenty of cardinals just licking their lips at the thought of having his job.

Let's see in a year or so if something earth shattering happens before we pass judgement on the German.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
take a quick look around and see how many other 85 year olds still work full time plus.

Senator Robert "KKK" Byrd (93?, died in office), Senator Arlen "Magic Bullet" Specter (died in office at 82), Frank "gun-grabber" Lautenberg (89), Dianne "dirty gun-grabbing whore" Feinstein (79+), etc.. Those damned vultures in the Senate literally go out feet-first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_Senators_by_age

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That list is a bunch that does more damage to society than good. Maybe Benedict has that in mind.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well, I'm not a Catholic, not exactly. I'm an Episcopalian, which is to say a Catholic who's going to hell. My wife converted to Catholicism, but we both go to a Methodist Church. What really qualifies me to comment on this though, is the fact that I'm almost 65 and (they tell me) in pretty damn good shape for an old man. No matter, at my age, I wouldn't take on the responsibility of being a greeter at Walmart, much less the head of any church. Oh, I could probably handle being a US Senator, that's mostly talk, you know, but I sure wouldn't want to be the Pope.

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

The man will be 86 years old in April!
With deteriorating poor heath including two previous strokes, how does such a man just �walk of the job?�

�During his papacy and in the years prior, Benedict was a key figure in the church's efforts to address widespread instances of sexual abuse of children by priests. In 2001, then-Cardinal Ratzinger convinced John Paul II to put the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which he led, in charge of investigating cases and setting policy regarding what he termed "filth" in the church. As a cardinal, Ratzinger pushed through important reforms, including making Internet offenses against children a violation covered by canon law, extending child abuse offenses to include the sexual abuse of all under 18, waiving of the statute of limitation and speeding the process of dismissing guilty priests.�

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/11/pope-benedict-xvi-to-resign-at-end-february/#ixzz2KbeOUwJi

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,291
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.