-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I once sold.a leupold on here, knew it needed to go to leupold, and stated such in the ad. Sellerknew what he was getting and was fine because the price was right. The easiest way to determine who is right is simple, would Ra's have bought it had theduke put in the ad, scope is fogged and needs work done on it. No, Ra's would not have bought the scope. If I listed a gun with a cracked stock but only showed it in the pica but Dod not state it would that be ok? I think not. Duke is on my ignore list.

guns to me are like legal crack
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not falling under the pressures of the narrow minded people of this website. If he had come to me in a sensible manner and ASKED for a refund, he probalby would have gotten it, but the fact the shoots an order at me and tell me I will refund him his money, then cries wolf and posts about me on here, then says he wont stoop so low as to communicate with me and wont reply to my PM's

Pretty low class and childish in my opinion, this is my last post on this, I dont see it getting any better picking at it, if you dealt with me before you know I am an alright person, thanks all that see it from my logical common sense point of view.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by reekax
Stating "Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either." is not the same as statng scope is fogged and will need repair.

If we're going to start dissecting words, what is the difference in "not as clear", "foggy", "hazy", and "clouded".

Not picking sides, but does the scope have actual water vapor in it, or could it also fit one or more of the other descriptions listed?

With that said, a sub-$100 deal isn't worth the hassle. Send his money back, both sides chalk it up to learning to deal on the internet (sellers in giving full description, with no questions or room for misinterpretations, and buyers asking questions before committing to purchase if any doubts or something is not totally clear in your mind).

Myself, if I had read "not as clear", and looked at the picture, I most likely would've just passed and moved along. But if for some reason I really wanted the scope, I surely would've asked for a little more clarification on the exact condition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by theduke308
I am not falling under the pressures of the narrow minded people of this website. If he had come to me in a sensible manner and ASKED for a refund, he probalby would have gotten it, but the fact the shoots an order at me and tell me I will refund him his money, then cries wolf and posts about me on here, then says he wont stoop so low as to communicate with me and wont reply to my PM's

Pretty low class and childish in my opinion, this is my last post on this, I dont see it getting any better picking at it, if you dealt with me before you know I am an alright person, thanks all that see it from my logical common sense point of view.

Fail.

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If he had come to me in a sensible manner and ASKED for a refund, he probalby would have gotten it, but the fact the shoots an order at me and tell me I will refund him his money,....

Pretty lame defense. crazy

IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
The picture clearly shows a scope with "issues", I see no false advertising here...

Did you really expect a 95 dollar scope to be crystal clear?

Seriously?

If a scope is fogged, yes I really expect it mentioned in writting in the ad. I would also expect a cheerful refund from any fellow sportsman on a product I wasn't happy with.

If you've ever bought ANYTHING from me, the last thing the PM would have said is if you aren't happy for any reason get back in touch with me ASAP so we can arrange a return.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I have owned and looked through dozens and dozens of Weavers. Most of you that have seen my hunting pictures here, usually see them on my rifles, especially my Savages. This is the worst one to date. It is a unusable and has serious issues. I wouldn't even think of sending something like this someone without mentioning that is was really gooned up.

Again, please bookmark this thread and post it on his future ads for others to judge.

And another thing, thanks for the posts and PMs fellas. Things are going just the way we need them to.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have sold quite a few scopes on here. I have a few that are hazy, not so clear, fogged ,etc.I would be embarased to put them up for sale on here.Maybe at a gunshow so its a face face deal, but not over the internet.Give him his money back.He's one of the good ones.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Man up swallow your pride send a full refund and salvage your name. Or you can keep on about how he got a deal and so on and ruin your reputation as a sealer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenster99
I have sold quite a few scopes on here. I have a few that are hazy, not so clear, fogged ,etc.I would be embarased to put them up for sale on here.Maybe at a gunshow so its a face face deal, but not over the internet.Give him his money back.He's one of the good ones.

I can't believe some are willing to kill their rep for $95........

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Too late, his name is MUD!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
And you're still trying to be clever.

Clever?? By showing a factual picture from the original listing??? I am only trying to show I am not the bad guy he is making me out to be....

Defend it however you will, whatever good name you had has been destroyed by your shady action

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why didn't you just say the scope is fogged?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's not too late to make things right.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Duke you can stop all the BS & be a man or continue your BS and be a CHIT BIRD. The choice is your`s

Living in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
Semper Fi The Old Corps Era of the M-1 Garand�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TC1

It's not too late to make things right.

If the buyer wont contact me then he can drop it and go away, I am not begging someone to take my money. I can use it many other places than here

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Donsm70, we have dealt before, I agree not as clear and foggy are two different situations, I assure you the scope is not any more foggy today, than it was when the picture was taken. It is obviously a difference in opinions,and I would have gladly offered a refund initially had he not came across as a hard ass telling me what I would do without even asking for a refund, he tells me "he is sending it back and expects a refund". Well that is not the best way to get something done from my experience.

If your pulled over for speeding and you are sure you were not speeding you dont tell the cop, Hey I wasn't speeding and drive off do you? No you say officer I am sure that I wasn't speeding are you certain that I was? I am fairly certain that NO ONE on this site would like to be told what they will or wont do by an order. I never took orders from a stranger halfway across the US and I am not going to start now

Yes, we have dealt before and with no issues.

What I said here is "I am with RAS ON THIS ONE"

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If the buyer wont contact me then he can drop it and go away, I am not begging someone to take my money.

You have his address (you sent the scope to him, right?).

Send the check to that address. I'm pretty sure your scope will find it's way home too.

I can use it many other places than here

At this point, yeah, that's about your only option, as I don't see much of a future for you here after this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just send RAS his money back, if you get the POS scope back great, if not ....you can still peddle your chit here!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I once bought a scope off of here that had some pretty bad ring marks. If memory serves me right the add stated that "minor ring marks exist". They were bad enough I didn't even want to put the scope on the rifle. I chalked it up to my idea of minor ring marks weren't the same as the seller, took some good pictures of the scope and sold it on ebay.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 58 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.