Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image]
If you send the $ back to RAS, I will send you this crystal clear Swarovski at no charge.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenster99
[Linked Image]
If you send the $ back to RAS, I will send you this crystal clear Swarovski at no charge.

That's some funny schit. Hopefully DipschitDuke is off swallowing his own cock right now though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Originally Posted by theduke308
I could refund the money right now, what good would it do?? Quite honestly what good? My "integrity" is already thwarted so what makes the difference? Like I said if RAS would communicate with me I would gladly refund the money, but since I no longer have his address and he wont reply, then my hands are tied.

Spoken like a true POS.

If you use this site to only peddle your schiet, then be proud that you screwed one of the most honest members on this site.

I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

(Maybe you should read my signature line.)

GFY

Well said, brother.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You screwed the guy, plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You people are scolding me for not refunding his money...well why should I give him the money back and let him keep the item???

Send RAS his money with instructions to throw that junk scope in the trash where it belongs.

You should not have put it on the market to begin with.

Sell your garbage somewhere else.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coltchris
No dog in this hunt; but I sure as hell would not put my reputation in question for $100!!!

How can I make things right with a person that wont talk? RAS has given me the silent treatment and I am not going to beg someone to reply to me....I am not sending him money back if he can not grow up and act like a man....IF he grew up and acted like a man I WOULD REFUND HIS MONEY......you dont reward a dog for peeing on the floor do you? Well I am not rewarding him for slandering my name and then not even trying to let me make it right..

Speaking of childish...someone who will not do the right thing because of the tone someone they had wronged. If you were an adult and had just done the right thing he would not have had to call you out. BTW GFY

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I could refund the money right now, what good would it do?? Quite honestly what good? My "integrity" is already thwarted so what makes the difference? Like I said if RAS would communicate with me I would gladly refund the money, but since I no longer have his address and he wont reply, then my hands are tied.

Somehow, I bet you DO have it somewhere.... PM string that you used when selling it maybe? whistle

I really tried to look at this objectively, but your continued digging, as well as my recollection of a few lowball offers from you when I was selling something, have pretty much "cleared things up" for me (pun, get it? smirk ).

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by kenster99
[Linked Image]

I'm interested.

What reticle?

Do the mounts stay with it?

Will they fit a pre-64 M70? (It looks to be of about the same vintage, or at least it has enough "character" to seem that old).

Think it will hold up to the recoil of a 375 H&H?

Any pictures looking through it?

Do you offer a return policy if I'm not happy?

I've heard of some bad deals on this board lately, and don't want to get burned on this one (I can't afford to just throw that kind of money away if it's not going to work for what I need!).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Doing the right thing ain't always easy, but its always right.
JH

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
"I put right in the description it is not clear, and i showed in a picture. I am not accepting a return on it. The last picture of the post show is is not clear. You got it at a cheap price due to this reason. This scope in a mint condition scenario is worth 150+....Send it to iron sighters they will fix it up for you to your liking."

So he paid $85 for a screwed up scope that you admit needs a rebuild by a company that would probably cost him $100+ to fix it to be useable, which puts Jeff's total cost above the $150 you say a GOOD scope would usually go for.

Too bad YOU didn't get it fixed, then sell it for $150, but I see why, as you would have lost money doing so.

Send RAS a pm asking how to give him back all of what he spent to buy this scope, your add should have read "scope isn't useable as-is, will need to be sent to IRON SIGHTERS for rebuild. I don't want to spend good money after bad, so please buy this and save me $. If nobody wants this I am going to Ebay it and sell it to some sucker, as Ebay isn't set up to give me any negative reviews for selling CRAPOLA like this scope is."

You had included a decent picture BUT POOR DESCRIPTION, after understanding from Jeff this is a foggy scope. I have seen many crappy pictures on the net, Jeff used your words, not a picture, to decide to send you $ to buy the item. I'll bet most people who have read this will now ask the seller if a crappy picture is a crappy picture, or a representation of what it looks like to the seller. Thank you for educating us on how a seller can make a mistake.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you did the right thing ( and would you expect to be treated the same if YOU got this pos scope), so far. If the answer is yes, GFY, if the answer is no, THEN SEND JEFF A FULL REFUND, I am sure you will get the scope back in the same shape you sold it in. WHEN YOU GET IT BACK, SEND IT TO IRON SIGHTERS AND GET IT FIXED, OR SCRAP IT.

It is telling that you have now based your decision to refund the $ on weather your reputation is tarnished for good, and you know refunding Jeff will not remove the people who will never buy from you in the future.

Do you want to do the right thing, or only do the right thing if you gain future sales by doing so? If I read that right, you are right, you will never sell anything on here in the near future, you will be "dogged" by good members here to make sure you never sell another POS , as that is how we roll. We don't appreciate POS sellers screwing other members, and up until you refund Jeff, IMHO You are a POS seller.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All this and it wasn't a new member,goes to show ya the number of post doesn't always mean anything.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DANNYL
All this and it wasn't a new member,goes to show ya the number of post doesn't always mean anything.

ALL the [bleep]'s posts are in the classifieds that says a lot right there.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by coltchris
No dog in this hunt; but I sure as hell would not put my reputation in question for $100!!!

How can I make things right with a person that wont talk? RAS has given me the silent treatment and I am not going to beg someone to reply to me....I am not sending him money back if he can not grow up and act like a man....IF he grew up and acted like a man I WOULD REFUND HIS MONEY......you dont reward a dog for peeing on the floor do you? Well I am not rewarding him for slandering my name and then .

You have his address. You don't need him to talk to you Oprah. Just figure out how to admit you were wrong, which you obviously are, and send him his money. You are making this way harder than it has to be.

You are in a hole. Stop digging.

Last edited by smalljawbasser; 02/13/13.
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Pay up, shut up...let's put a fork in this, it's done.

...you can clearly see the picture and I said it was not as clear as today's optics, which it is not.... And I misrepresented???

Yes, you did.

You were trying to create an impression that was not true. Be a man, admit it, and refund the money. Period.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
I happened to sell some thing here that the member was not happy with. My fault, as I did not check product function completely. Refunded money and told them to keep the product.
$$$ ain't worth it. A person's reputation is priceless....

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I always remember this saying on a plaque above the toilet while I was growing up. Read it every time I pissed.

You got it from your father,
It was all he had to give,
So its yours to use and cherish,
For as long as you may live.
If you loose the watch he gave you,
It can always be replaced,
But a black mark on your name son,
Can never be erased.
It was clean the day you took it,
And a worthy name to bare,
When he got it from his father,
There was no dishoner there.
So be sure you guard it wisely,
After all is said and done,
You'll be glad the name is spotless,
When you give it to your son.

I think the scope was deliberately misrepresented.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tylervern
I always remember this saying on a plaque above the toilet while I was growing up. Read it every time I pissed.

You got it from your father,
It was all he had to give,
So its yours to use and cherish,
For as long as you may live.
If you loose the watch he gave you,
It can always be replaced,
But a black mark on your name son,
Can never be erased.
It was clean the day you took it,
And a worthy name to bare,
When he got it from his father,
There was no dishoner there.
So be sure you guard it wisely,
After all is said and done,
You'll be glad the name is spotless,
When you give it to your son.

I think the scope was deliberately misrepresented.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Roy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Duke - your responses on here are what has trashed your reputation. You could have just said, "Yeah - I thought I had had properly described it, especially with the picture that showed the fogging, but I obviously screwed up. Send it back and I'll refund including your shipping. Sorry for the misunderstanding".

Then re-list the item with an updated description that includes the picture and the words, "this scope has some slight fogging as you can see in the picture."

But instead you posted 20 different responses blaming the buyer, blaming the age, blaming the posters and being a general, all-around [bleep]-stik.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
as one gunfighter said to the other before they pulled their pistols "sometimes you win and sometimes you lose" and thats just the way the cookie crumbles,and as I see it from time to time someone still gets a knife stuck in his back or gets a good ol screwin without the kiss and the smile here on the good ol classifieds and as Im very grateful that Ive not been drug over this bed of coals I also understand that anytime you walk out on this plank you may get a good ol soakin so as momma used to say if you choose to play ball on that field and you get hit in the nose with the ball dont come home cryin to me for you knew this could happen befor you got involved in the game.

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,234
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.