-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 36 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But...... a similar question that I have struggled with is is the same one posed to Jesus regarding the suffering of children born with handicaps.

These handicap children are proof that mutations go the wrong way for evolution to be correct. We don't see things getting better in this world, but we can certainly see things getting worse.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Some examples of man's parables of God's purpose I take with a grain of salt.

As did Lot's wife, it would seem. wink

Man thinks far too highly of himself. He exists for God's Glory, alone. We are but a wisp in the wind without Him.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My ideas on physics come from all the evidence accumulated over the years.

So then you earned a Ph.D in physics?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They go on and on that something can't come from nothing. Yet this is how they explain the existence of their god. He just was. It's really pathetic

You don't understand the Christian God of the Bible. God did not come from nothing. God IS. Past, present and future by our feeble reckoning. God is eternally existing.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Because scientists write their findings in a secret code known only to those with a PhD. Unless of course you happen to have one of those handicap mutations you mentioned earlier. Then you can read it.

Seriously, are you an atheist here under a false flag? It is really hard to believe you�re serious with some of he crap you come up with.

IC B2

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who cares?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PS1080
Religious people love taking cheap shots at science. The same science that makes it possible for them to mentally masturbate at their computer all day or that has saved their lives or a loved ones through modern medicine. They go on and on that something can't come from nothing. Yet this is how they explain the existence of their god. He just was. It's really pathetic to watch these people brag about choosing ignorance. Not to surprising considering their entire life they're read one book and completely missed it's main message. If Jesus was real he'd put a boot up there a$$ for being such aholes.

Damn........ you nailed us dead to rights. We are all just like you described.

I thought some of us hid it better than that.

My side is stuck with Ringman, but Carbon guy and the bassackwards Hillbilly have to count you among their ranks.

I'm waitin' on their "+ 1's".

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Once you people quit quoting Scripture and start posting your own thoughts things go down hill for you in a hurry.

"He is one of the Legion lost."

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously, are you an atheist here under a false flag? It is really hard to believe you�re serious with some of he crap you come up with.

I was an atheistic evolutionist. One day a guy showed me something in a magazine from a scientist which contradicted some of the evolutionary theories I was taught in school. Since evolution was my world view I was so shaken I consulted a psychiatrist. Eventually I decided there must be an infinite intelligent energy because I am not so philosophical as to believe everything is a figment of my imagination.

Within about five years I became a Christian. The change was so dramatic that at least one co-worker laughed in my face. I began to read God's Word and believed in creation. Subsequently I read some Ph.D. authors who used to be evolutionists who, because of their studies and field research, became creationists. Eventually I made a time line from the information in God's Word and decided creation happened about 6,000 years ago. Since then I have either read or met scientists who also believe the whole of creation is about 6,000 years old.

If you watch the movie "Expelled! No intelligence allowed." you can see just how scared the evolutionary community is of the scientific information. The last debate Dr. Kindell had he debated a Ph.D biologist. When it came time for rebuttal the opponent said, "There's nothing I can say to rebut Dr. Kindell." They became good friends.

Dr. Kindell was as ardent an evolutionist as you will ever find. He was also extremely antagonistic to Christianity. Year ago he told me, "Christians have two brains. One is lost and the other is out looking for it." Like me he could not resist the scientific facts and became a creationist who defends creation, not from God's Word, from science.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
One day a guy showed me something in a magazine from a scientist which contradicted some of the evolutionary theories I was taught in school. Since evolution was my world view I was so shaken I consulted a psychiatrist.

If a reading magazine article is enough to send you running traumatized to psychiatrist, I would suggest the internet is not a very healthy place for you!

Last edited by Pete E; 02/14/13.
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
by now, as this thread advances, i'm thinkin' ol Ra is up there and looking down on us and laughin' his arse off. i'm surprised he hasn't dispatched at least one double-quaternary angel from the center of the Sun to set things aright.

moreover, religion started the whole discussion going. science is an off-shoot of religion like Jesus is an off-shoot of Yahweh. ya know?

the truth is the extra-terrestrials when they came to Earth used bio-genetic engineering to create the modern human being.
without a consciousness where would we be?

with our consciousness the world is opened up, and we can discuss a lot things within the constructs that our consciousness allows. it seems like there's a "sort" going on. does anyone know for sure?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus
. it seems like there's a "sort" going on. does anyone know for sure?

No,...but if they is,...your ass is liable not to be innit.

God'll be sayin',.."Well,...his heart seems to be in the right place,...but I gotta draw the line somewhere."

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if that happens, and i'm not sayin' it can"t, my defense is going to be that the design was incomplete, biased, in error, and not yet perfected. i'll ask for a do-over, if that's ok?

Adam Kodman has already blown through several efforts at the generation of a perfect race, hasn't he?

so, while two-stranded DNA gains us considerable ground, and moves us forward think about a 4-stranded DNA construct. let's stretch our consciousness to the point of imagining a 12 stranded DNA construct. would it call for a Creator or an Evolutionist? i think it will call for an extra-terrestrial bio-geneticist with sufficent technology to pull it off.

when the Christos returns or the Messiah comes, hopefully they'll bring a cadre of experts with them for the do-over. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PS1080
Religious people love taking cheap shots at science. The same science that makes it possible for them to mentally masturbate at their computer all day or that has saved their lives or a loved ones through modern medicine. They go on and on that something can't come from nothing. Yet this is how they explain the existence of their god. He just was. It's really pathetic to watch these people brag about choosing ignorance. Not to surprising considering their entire life they're read one book and completely missed it's main message. If Jesus was real he'd put a boot up there a$$ for being such aholes.
Your post indicates that you just might be one of the minor tribulations that Christians sometimes must encounter. But, a person should avoid being judgmental on the basis of scant evidence. So, to help better understand your statements about -
- what one might love to do;
- one's choice for ignorance;
- one's choices in literature;
- the basis for your pathos; and,
- to help determine if one is that of which you speak - - and for openers - -

kindly give your definition of "Religious people".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I have no heroes, but after reading your posts for a number of years, I'll say that if preachers ain't barred from heaven on general principles,............. you'll make the cut. grin

Thanks, Gene, but it's all about Him, not about me, preachers notwithstanding. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the challenge for us humans down here on the Earth, is to figure out how to address those folks who wish for and create a God, versus those people who believe in the True God.

it's not a simple task, to that we can all agree. a Created God versus a Real God is no small dilemma. just look at the past, with all the gods that have been knocked in the head and rolled down to the bottom of a ditch on a dirt road somewheres?

if the Universe is alive, conscious, and ever expanding, we have a role to play, a responsibility to bear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have played the role well. You've borne your share of responsibility.

You may now ride off into the sunset.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You have played the role well. You've borne your share of responsibility.

You may now ride off into the sunset.

i haven't received the "go' signal yet. and i have a ton of grandchildren coming on after me, trying to keep up with the "scent." grin

the Return of the Christos, and the Coming of the Messiah. is there any difference? i vote that there isn't.

ve humans are really limited in our abilities. it's almost scary. but, i wasn't sent here to be scared. i was sent here as an Agent of Omneity.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RickyD
Some examples of man's parables of God's purpose I take with a grain of salt.

As did Lot's wife, it would seem. wink

Man thinks far too highly of himself. He exists for God's Glory, alone. We are but a wisp in the wind without Him.

Is that judgment or a play on words?... my quote is specific to Job and the many levels to be explored in just that one story.

A slave to God or a slave to Satan? that's the choice?

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Seems most agree it comes down the the acceptance/recognition/knowledge of the Holy Spirit that leads to salvation. If Christianity would stick to the story of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it wouldn't take much preaching but would be received by many more.

Kent

Page 28 of 36 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (01Foreman400, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.