Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I could be wrong but it appears the government wants people to depend on the programs they have for the low income people so they can control them and keep them from ever achieving or acquiring a larger income. That way they think the government is helping them. Otherwise would it not be to the benefit of everybody to get on these programs?

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Subsidize anything and you'll get more of it. I've got nothing against short term help for those who run into something catastrophic, but long term or lifetime benefits shouldn't exist.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
DP, you are not wrong.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Cloward-Piven strategy that Obama and his sycophants are currently implementing.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
There was that video where one woman said vote for Obama and you get a cell phone. That not much help toward becoming independent and making the American dream come true. Just seems like to me if you depend on the government for everything you are en-slaving yourself to the government. I thought people want to be free and make lots of money, not take handouts all your life.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Subsidize anything and you'll get more of it. I've got nothing against short term help for those who run into something catastrophic, but long term or lifetime benefits shouldn't exist.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Short trem focused programs

With drug test and requirements for work

Ok

What we have

No

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The definition of poor today has many avenues,it's no longer the Brood sow seeking welfare with 6+ kids.

Think About It?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The pols are buying votes with our (taxpayer's) money.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
F the poor, if you have kids theres not a thing wrong with your back, STFU and get a job.

If you drive to town for pot/alcohol/groceries, theres not a thing wrong with your eyes, STFU and get a job.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by Ole_270

Couldn't say it better myself.

Ron Paul said it first, almost verbatim.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes short term help is alright and sometimes that is what is needed. But i know a few people who been on government programs their whole life and think they are the greatest thing around. These people never seem to get ahead or really ever have anything. They still have to meet the government requirement to get what they got. How do you convince them the government is just controlling and en-slaving them? The government will see to if they will never have any more than what they got.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How can we convince them the government is not the answer to their problems and they are turning themselves into slaves for the government?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most people stay poor all their lives by choices they made when they were young . Most are just lazy and the rest are just stupid.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
F the poor, if you have kids theres not a thing wrong with your back, STFU and get a job.

If you drive to town for pot/alcohol/groceries, theres not a thing wrong with your eyes, STFU and get a job.

Gunner

Perzactly

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there needs to be something, when i was younger, even with both my mom and dad working it took food stamps to keep food on the table, mom worked days and dad nights so they wouldnt have to pay for daycare....small town and all there wasnt alot of options for night work for dad.....once my lil brother was old enough to start school and i was old enough to watch him when school was out dad went to working days and made more money and we were off the program....but we sure needed it for awhile....but something definitely needs to be done bout all the leeches with the current program....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A better question would be:

How many people wouldn't be poor, if it's weren't for government programs?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know about areas that have a high cost of living. But down here in cheapo land you get enough people living on federal and state assistance living in a house (and it doesn't require all that many) they can live what to them is a comfortable life. I wouldn't live like that but it's not bad considering what they grew up on.

People who get up and go to work everyday and live a nice life look at it and say no way, but if you grew up in poverty and never knew anyone who had a real job for long it's par for the course and it's free.

Lots of people think the poor are all motivated to get out of poverty, I'm saying I don't think they are near as motivated as people who aren't poor think they are. I'm sure some are but a lot aren't.

Very few programs and monies are geared toward getting people out of poverty or teaching them a skill and requiring them to use it.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was the point of my question. The government pays a lot of people to be poor, and has for generations. There is no telling how many of them might actually have made something of themselves if they ever had a reason to try.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
Most people stay poor all their lives by choices they made when they were young . Most are just lazy and the rest are just stupid.

Thats right Bea, and one generation trains the next to ride on the .gov dime, i [bleep] hate lazy freeloaders, if you were born with a bag of nuts between yer legs GTF outta bed and go to work and take care of your family.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (007FJ, 1minute, 270cowboy, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.