Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Levon Helm. I loved the character he played in Coal Miner's Daughter.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JRaw
Originally Posted by pa_gus
Originally Posted by Auger01
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
As Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Walburg) put it in Shooter, "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron saint state of shooting stuff".

Dont know who the old guy was that Walburg went to see, but that one scene he was in was the best part of the movie. (apologies for the thread hijack)

"Still got the shovel"

He looks alot like the drummer in this "Band" wink

Just googled it...and that's him. Interesting guy.

He was one hell of a guy. He also played Loretta Lynn's father in Coal miners daughter, and had a role in" the right stuff". I posted this awhile ago about him
Originally Posted by pa_gus
I bagged a small turkey this morning around 9:00. Just got home and the girlfriend met me at the door, smiling from ear to ear."Go look at your mail from yesterday" she said. I'm all proud of my little jake bird, and tell her I'll get to it after clean it. " I don't think you understand, you got a letter from somebody." was her response. Now, I'm almost pissed off, come home with a bird for thanksgiving and she don't care. So I drop the bird, and wash my hands, and go see what is soooo much more important than a turkey. Sitting in the middle of the kitchen table is an envelope addressed to me, with a return address of The estate of Mr. Levon Helm, Woodstock, Ny.
He used to (they still do) put on concerts at his farm called The Midnight Rambles, and I made it up to a couple of them. There is only about 400 tickets for one, and there is no actual ticket, they just have your name, You bring a covered dish or a pie and everybody sits down for dinner before hand. I brought deer keilbasa and peirogies to the first few, a few pies to one, and 6 pheasants with all the fixings to the last. Just a side story, A hippie chick was poking at the pheasant dish in line, and yelled out, "does anyone know if this chicken is organic". Right on que, Levon spitts out some #4's I didn't find while cleaning it and yells back, "I'd bet on it".
Anyway, It seems as though Levon enjoyed that pheasant, because when they were going through the books for the Rambles, next to my name, they found a hand written note from Levon It reads as follows.
To Barbara, (his manager)
When Mr ... (me) comes up again please let me know so I can personally call him. I would like to put in a request for some of that great pheasant he brought up last time.
signed Levon Helm
Ya, she was right,.. better than a Turkey.This ones going on the wall!
Just a little news story on Levon and the Rambles.

Last edited by pa_gus; 02/17/13.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"The moment you think you got it figured, you're wrong." grin

Love that.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They were lucky they had not drifted a cross the state ne into MI. We know how to treat buckeyes there.

1B

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,868 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.