B
Jeff: In scopes, mechanics first, other shidt second,is the point. wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My gunsmith just finished mounting a Mark 4 on the .300 Win who's group is pictured on page one of the Creedmoor thread. He has a sophisticated piece of equipment to precisely mount the scope AND test its functioning. After the precision mount was complete, he ran the elevation knob up to its limit while pausing every 7 1/2 MOA to check click accuracy.

The scope tracked, click values were accurate, had over 50 MOA travel from my 100 yard zero, and returned to zero when dialed back.

Leupold scopes are a lot of scope for the money.

Last edited by rcamuglia; 02/27/13.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Burns,

It's never not a [bleep] riot,to letcha' Pretend aloud and stretch your Imagination out. I'll feign my "surprise",that Pretending to shoot is your "answer" to defining erector integrity and come-ups. You'll haveta pardon my taking much comfort in the sanctity of actually burning powder,in conjunction with actuating erector adjustments and weighing those findings as absolutes. I never was much into [bleep] around and if sticking Dood-Dads and KnickKnacks in the end of your barrel satiate your "needs",then please feel free to wax eloquent in their regard,if only because it's funnier than [bleep].

I get a kick outta how the obvious,is always too obvious for you to keep pace with. Hilarious schit! Kudos for being late to the party and well shy of an understanding,that KNOWN reference measurements extrapolated to erector input,will in FACT reliably determine ALL there is to know about an erector...including it's individual and gross values,along with how square it tracks and lastly repeats. Feel free to write that down and I could give a schit less if you wish to pawn it off as being your "idea",as a means of quantifying what you "know". Laffin'!

How loud is your Imagination,when you shoot it?!?

Wow.

Jordan,

I'm better at finding reasons TO shot,than NOT to shoot.

Recoil impulse can do things to POA/POI intersections,that DooDads and KnickKnacks cain't pinpoint.

Hint.(grin)

'O,

Conquests is better in Theory,than Application.

Perfect for Safe Queen "builds".

Shefire,

It's always a treat when you open your yap and whimper aloud. Feel free to regale me with your latest Big Weekend Trip and all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Luckily for you...Imagination and Pretend is free.

Bless your heart.

Bob,

Paper don't lie and knowin' has never not reliably Trumped guessin'.

Get a kick outta the gals Dreamin' up new "reasons" not to shoot.

This schit is hilarious!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Jordan,

...Recoil impulse can do things to POA/POI intersections,that DooDads and KnickKnacks cain't pinpoint.

Hint.(grin)

Oh, absolutely. IMO bore sighters are nearly worthless for actually aligning POA/POI. And I wouldn't dare shove arbors down passed my crowns, but the magnetic variety have been good for one reason, and one reason only- erector testing and verifying. I like to confirm erector increments, usable travel, tracking, RTZ, etc, at night while the kids are asleep, and use my ammo and shooting time to smack steel and paper well beyond 100 yards. I haven't yet seen the Bushy grid confirmations not line up pretty darn nicely with actual erector inputs/real-world drops. Seems to work for me, although there's no downside to your way, either.

It's certainly not difficult or complicated to factor in the 1.047"/MOA to the equation when you're tracking erector inputs on a sheet of paper at 100 yards, so the MOA turrets vs. IPHY doesn't seem to be a problem in my mind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, my Conquests have all tracked and repeated well. Sample of a half-dozen. That's shooting tracking tests (as pictured) and shooting at medium ranges (500-700 yds). Also haven't seen one move zero from getting bonked around.

Do you have experience to the contrary?

I'm not knock other scopes; I have Leup's I like a bunch and a (don't look, Bob!) Swaro AV in my 7 WSM that has also been super. It kills dinks at 520 yds like nobody's business, lol. But to the point, I've yet to see any goofiness from a Conquest.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Lil Fish,

Glad I could help you out, Buddy. If you have any more questions on MOA or other things give a holler.

Originally Posted by rosco1

Heck JB, i was thinkin 35moa of dial netting you 35" downrange was pretty accurate for the leupold whistle grin

Well 35 MOA in a Leupold will give you 35 inches if you are shooting at 95yds. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The first order of bidness,is to keep the horse in front of the cart...and to simply scratch things offa da list.

Speed,BC,ES/SD are known quantities(as quantified by the OP) and them are good things to have wrapped tidily. Such essentials,routinely meld in harmonious conjunction with numerous Boolistic Calculators and while there may be subtle deviations amongst the software ranks generated comeups,the differences ain't ever stark. Good info input,will reliably yield good comeups on the output.

The obvious that all are missing and are all too giddy about poking the pony behind the cart,is erector travel. To reliably arrange POA/POI intersection,you gotta deduce the flight characteristics of a given load,in a given atmosphere and have the means to RELIABLY alter it's course of flight,to intersect where the crosshairs are looking. To say the erector travel of the aforementioned 6-18x is suspect,is gross understatement. While easy enough to quantify,with but a single 100yd poke(so as to remove as much atmospheric from the equation as possible)...I'd be re-hitching the pony to the FRONT of the cart,prior to that easily discerned confirmation.

I'd haveta ascertain where the erector falls at the zero range and that in regards to the windage's relationship to it's mechanical center...if only for starters. It is undoubtedly cast hard to port or starboard and that will do no favors. Secondly,I'd wanna know where I was at in ele travel,regarding my zero and how much travel remains beyond that. Nailing both of them prudent points,is default money makers that'll bear copious fruit,lonngggggggg before loading(or firing) the first round for a new rifle. Hint.

Mounting systems is always suspect(both in their relative quality/integrity and their installation/torque),but I'll cast a gracious wand and go out on a limb and assume 'em to be in synch. Keep in mind that short receivers,closely spaced rings and long tubes(especially multi-segmented 1" versions)...are not a recipe for long term zero retaining satisfactions. Re-hint.

Now unto the crux and carts pulling ponies. You did not get a box of "soft" BC's. Nor did you get a transonic slip,in regards to the range(s) thus far cited. You did not get pinholes at 100 and keyholes at wayyyyyyy supersonic,due your twist rate...despite the hilarity of the chatter thus far associated,with such ruses. The odds on given,is that you've an erector which did not travel the full distance you input,regarding it's ele travel as the firing solution.

Soooooooo...cut to the [bleep] chase. Revisit the 100yd line,hang vertically stretched butcher paper and a nice little black dot at it's bottom. Then simply dope the erector travel for the solution that fell short and paste the crosshair on the single bottom dot. After that poke,simply measure the distance from aiming point to the boolit's hole and extrapolate the erector's travel as per that solution. Re-re-hint.

I know it'll take ALL the fun outta guessing and will allow you to cut to the [bleep] chase,but I've personally long had a warm/fuzzy for KNOWING and right outta da gate. Odd how them led to water,follow suit,after having seen the light. Do not be "suplized" that you find an erector soft spot,regarding it's ele travel...in a glass sighted hard to port or starboard. Nor be "suplized" that ele tracking changes,when nearing the end of the ele's cited travel. Further,understand that the full realm of ele travel is IMPOSSIBLE to realize,with an erector cast to port or starboard. Re-re-re-hint.

When you ain't dealing in KNOWN(proven on paper) quantities,regarding ele travel accuracy,ele range of travel and an ele erector's ability to track straight...then you is simply pizzing up many ropes and a guess is as good as you can ever do. Physics is a wonderful tool to bank upon and etched in [bleep] stone,which is why I find it curious that soooooooo many are in such a hurry to question it and long before the weakest link of ANY system and that being the erector proper.

You've been led to water. Re-re-re-re-hint.

Now as to dealing with an erector who's "click" graduation values as a single or in compilation,deviate from a cited design designator...who gives a [bleep]?!!? Simply denote the values and do bidness on the erector's adjustment,in correlation to the known values and POA/POI will reliably intersect. Rest assured,your stock don't give a schit,if the comeup solutions denoted on it's card...ain't harmonious with the graduation values slated by the Manufacturer. If/when encountering a flat spot in the travel(which is very typically at/near it's ceiling),simply denote when/where it falls and do bidness in those accords,if you are too cheap to skew the mounting system and ring the [bleep] bell.

Simply beat on schit and let it prove it's merit and weigh them findings as if they was gold...if only because they are. If/when sumptin' is suspect,focus upon keeping the pony in front of the cart and troubleshoot in that manner.

Pass the modest X's,shorter tube length,greater internal erector travel and hold the fluff.

Where the [bleep] were you when I was having those problems?

I learned the hard way...

Actually, MontanaMarine loaned me a few hints and all was well once the problem was solved.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is a good guy. (Shane) grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jordan,

Spent primers are THE Supreme Tutorial and any reason to shoot,is nothing but music to my ears.

Arranging POA/POI intersections,is easy for them inclined...and few is more inclineder than I.(grin)

'O,

There is nothing redeeming in the Conquest's length,weight,erector travel latitude,eye-relief or anything else. That melding in conjunction,with an entire ocular that rotates and precludes BC's,is easy to run away from and leave instead for The Paper Hat Brigade and their vivid [bleep] Imaginations and Pretend.

On the brightside,you remain hilariously at the mercy of your "abilities","experience" and "results"...which never ain't not funnier than [bleep].

A toilet paper roll's cardboard center,with cotton thread crosshairs,would reliably connect all the dots you could muster on your best day.

'Burns,

You're really doing "well".

Laffin'!

'flave,

Folks is quick to put carts in front of ponies,for reasons I'll never savvy...though there is routinely MUCH entertainment to be found in these things. I always could cut to the [bleep] chase and paint a purty picture.(grin)

That being said,I do get a [bleep] kick outta the smoke & mirrors crowd,where queries a 3rd Grader would ace are deemed as being "proprietary" and thus Secret Squirrel Society stuff. [bleep] funny! Jeff-O ain't never not right at the top of the Astounding Dumbphucktitude List(ADL),but poor/dumb Burns will routinely contrive some [bleep] incredibly stupid schit and try to pawn it off to folks even dumber than she is(Shefire/Magnumdoosh and the like). EPIC [bleep] humor!

I get a kick outta folks "educated" beyond their intelligence,giving "answers"...when they'd be far better served asking questions.

This schit cracks me the [bleep] up.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Tag

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

'O,

There is nothing redeeming in the Conquest's length,weight,erector travel latitude,eye-relief or anything else. That melding in conjunction,with an entire ocular that rotates and precludes BC's,is easy to run away from and leave instead for The Paper Hat Brigade and their vivid [bleep] Imaginations and Pretend.

On the brightside,you remain hilariously at the mercy of your "abilities","experience" and "results"...which never ain't not funnier than [bleep].

A toilet paper roll's cardboard center,with cotton thread crosshairs,would reliably connect all the dots you could muster on your best day.

Interesting that you dodged experience or lack thereof with them. I'm still curious to hear if you've got significant actual experience running them, or if you are just blowin' wind here.

I do have actual experience with them, quite a bit of it actually. Addressing your points:

Length: so? You've pimped the Leup 3.5-10 a bunch. Thinking there's not a whole lot of difference there. Not so it matters anyway.

Weight: Again, the difference between a 3-9x40 Conq and a 3.5-10 Leup is pretty damn small.

Erector travel: I shoot mine out to 750 or so. Erector travel hasn't ever been an issue. Can't speak to further, at least with the 3-9, 3.5-10 family of Conquests. I've run my big one out a lot further than that.

Eye relief: this is one area where the Conquests I like smack down the competing Leupolds into quivering jelly. Get that bullchit outta here.

Turning ocular precluding BC's: are you retarded? Are you brain-farting? Are you thinking of Burris scopes here?! The ocular turns to focus the scope, not to adjust power settings, just like a Leup. Thinking your pink undies are showing now, buddy.

Every one of my Conquests wears BC's, silly-head. crazy

To really drive that home, the one fault I CAN find with them has to do with the ocular, and that's it's diameter, but you didn't mention that. Because you haven't used them, have you?

We'll just have to agree to disagree here but since my opinion is based of lots of experience with said item and yours, well, isn't I'm not losing much sleep over this one.

All the best,

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'O,

It's a right proper dichotomy,that you's too stupid,to have an inkling to just how [bleep] incredibly stupid you are...though it sure as schit do add to the humor.

I've never purchased a Conquest,nor would I as currently configured,but more than several pards have schlepped 'em. DSMFER's for a spell there,were hip on bolting 'em atop Tikkas,so schit got doubly funny and fast. I'm thinkin' that most felt the warm/fuzzy with the "Zeiss" moniker and that alone were the impetus for the purchase. Though in the end,Monikers mean dick and I cain't think of a single soul slumming a Zeiss riflescope in any application. 'Course,one cain't find a Tikka anymore either. So some can read sign and avoid Goat [bleep] from inception and others gotta bump their heads on the wall and learn tough lessons. I always could read sign. It ain't all that "curious" in retrospect,that in the end,folks gun my riggin' instead...if only for the plethora of obvious reasons. Hint.

I getta kick outta your scope "critiques",just like all of your other "critiques",if only becauase they's an incredibly hilarious journey of gross ineptitude,frosted copiously with nothingness.

Sooooooooo...if an increase in weight,length,diminished eye-relief,Goat [bleep] "turrets" and the "satisfaction" of the live ocular horn you up and reliably garner your version of "excellent" "results",then please feel free to continue to wax eloquent in their regard. How'd you get "all" those cardboard boxes open anyhow?!!? Laffin'!

Knock it outta the park,hang some pics to quantify your "results",touch again upon how your an Optics maven and perhaps revisit how to mount a scope,so as to "maximize" eye-relief. If only because it'll be [bleep] hilarious,allllllll over again.

Yep...Conquests is "rare" and only someone who "does" as "much" as you,has ever banged one around. You never ain't not a clueless [bleep] Idiot and I find myself often atta loss,to decide which is my favorite Topic in which you "participate",to laugh about. It most certainly is an incredible volume of "work" and the most [bleep] hilarious part,is that despite your perpetual pontification of having all that "experience",spending "all" that time "afield",dabbling an "array" of boolits,chamberings and twist rates,you still come up with zero. THAT is [bleep] impressive and then some.

As per always,rest assured that I'm ALL ears,because schit don't get any [bleep] funnier,than you doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with.

Hell...mebbe a chart would really connect some dots.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Somehow I feel like I'm watching an episode of HBO's "Deadwood"

smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's pills for that.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Somehow I feel like I'm watching an episode of HBO's "Deadwood"

smile

I'd liken it more akin to a Jerry Lewis Telethon NASCAR Event. It's the same cast of drooling dumbphucks,wrecking into the wall,burstin' into flames and pointin' fingers that their dumbphucktitude was someone else's "fault"...though in fairness,the humor never wanes.

This schit cracks me up!

Tanner,

Shootin' is only difficult for them who don't do much of it and it never ain't not a breeze to cypher the who,why and the what.

There's a few folks who fling pills downrange with regularity,but them cats is gettin' fewer and farther between,in this world. However...there sure as [bleep] is getting to be more and more Imagination and Pretend amongst the Day Dreaming Dumbphuckers,which is of course funnier than [bleep].

Just pay 'em slack on the rope and watch the show.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Curiously enough, factory 700 243 barrels seem to enjoy the 105 A-Max, too. Dunno' why I shot the 4th, I had a freakin' hummer group going (500 yds).

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You need to weld that chunk of steel back on for your hanger grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The piece that broke off is now somewhere in orbit, I believe.

Could probably figure something out... laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you've never used them, were talking out your ass, are continuing to do so in the post below as you spew inaccuracies, and yes, your pink undies are showing on this one, my pal to the north. wink

I'd address your inaccuracies (again) but what's the point, hmm?

All the best,

-jeff

'O,

It's a right proper dichotomy,that you's too stupid,to have an inkling to just how [bleep] incredibly stupid you are...though it sure as schit do add to the humor.

I've never purchased a Conquest,nor would I as currently configured,but more than several pards have schlepped 'em. DSMFER's for a spell there,were hip on bolting 'em atop Tikkas,so schit got doubly funny and fast. I'm thinkin' that most felt the warm/fuzzy with the "Zeiss" moniker and that alone were the impetus for the purchase. Though in the end,Monikers mean dick and I cain't think of a single soul slumming a Zeiss riflescope in any application. 'Course,one cain't find a Tikka anymore either. So some can read sign and avoid Goat [bleep] from inception and others gotta bump their heads on the wall and learn tough lessons. I always could read sign. It ain't all that "curious" in retrospect,that in the end,folks gun my riggin' instead...if only for the plethora of obvious reasons. Hint.

I getta kick outta your scope "critiques",just like all of your other "critiques",if only becauase they's an incredibly hilarious journey of gross ineptitude,frosted copiously with nothingness.

Sooooooooo...if an increase in weight,length,diminished eye-relief,Goat [bleep] "turrets" and the "satisfaction" of the live ocular horn you up and reliably garner your version of "excellent" "results",then please feel free to continue to wax eloquent in their regard. How'd you get "all" those cardboard boxes open anyhow?!!? Laffin'!

Knock it outta the park,hang some pics to quantify your "results",touch again upon how your an Optics maven and perhaps revisit how to mount a scope,so as to "maximize" eye-relief. If only because it'll be [bleep] hilarious,allllllll over again.

Yep...Conquests is "rare" and only someone who "does" as "much" as you,has ever banged one around. You never ain't not a clueless [bleep] Idiot and I find myself often atta loss,to decide which is my favorite Topic in which you "participate",to laugh about. It most certainly is an incredible volume of "work" and the most [bleep] hilarious part,is that despite your perpetual pontification of having all that "experience",spending "all" that time "afield",dabbling an "array" of boolits,chamberings and twist rates,you still come up with zero. THAT is [bleep] impressive and then some.

As per always,rest assured that I'm ALL ears,because schit don't get any [bleep] funnier,than you doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with.

Hell...mebbe a chart would really connect some dots.

Laffin'!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tanner,

I hear good things in regards to Big Green's OEM 243Win spouts,throats and twist rate.

Purty much like cheatin'...which ain't a bad way to roll.(grin)

Jordan,

Steel is purty easy to ruin,inside the 500yd line.

I'll haveta take some pics of the haggard steel,that I used to form 375H&H AI's. They cup nicely after time,though they ain't perforated. The 257Wby/100 Blue Meanie is the most unforgiving recipe,for dealin' Swiss Cheesetitude to wayward plates.

Them [bleep] DIG deep.

'O,

It is a [bleep] riot,how "real" your Imagination is to you. I did a Conquest/Leupie compare/contrast in regards to eye-relief,replete with pics and I'll see if I cain't fuel your Imagination even [bleep] more,once I get back home and locate the files.

Please feel free to flaunt your Imagination and Pretend as you deem fit,because schit simply don't get any [bleep] funnier than that. I wonder if you are [bleep] dumb enough,to rehang the pics of your "novel" scope mounting "Tutorial"?!!? Rock the Conquest...as only you can. Groovin' on your "results" too.

Wow +P!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,202
Posts18,485,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.