Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I lost my head. Don't know what got into me.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think Rod understands very well how things work around here.
And his pants are much bigger than most!

Thanks John, I think..... grin

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Phil99
I think Rod understands very well how things work around here.
And his pants are much bigger than most!

Thanks John, I think..... grin

Rod

grin grin grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've lost 55lbs since last June, I don't have any big boy pants anymore

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I get a kick out of this chit. Guys get their panties all bunched up because someone posts a link to a live auction. Do you really think it makes a difference when millions of people have ready access to the auction ?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsteve
I get a kick out of this chit. Guys get their panties all bunched up because someone posts a link to a live auction. Do you really think it makes a difference when millions of people have ready access to the auction ?

I agree, millions of people already have seen it so what difference does it make ... i/e so why post it - everybody knows the attitude here and that it's going to raise some issues; do you think this is going to change that? What over all positive result could have been expected from this? Even the title of the thread suggests that starting trouble may have been the reason for posting, or at least expected - "put your big boy pant's on" - who should that really apply to?

Gene
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsteve

There was no topic or point of discussion associated with the post. So why post it?

Just to stir up a [bleep] storm?

I don't get it.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't post here a lot but I do read the savage forum at least once a day. I don't have the knowledge to add anything useful to most threads here, but I do enjoy reading the banter between you guys, and learning some stuff in the process. One thing I have learned is that posting live auctions here is kinda frowned upon. I can definitely understand the reasons why. With that being said, why would anyone want to intentionally post a live auction, knowing it would not be very well liked? BTW, I know where a 99 in 358 Winchester is coming up for auction. If anyone is interested and wants the link, pm me
Thanks, Don

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bearschlayerx2
I don't post here a lot but I do read the savage forum at least once a day. I don't have the knowledge to add anything useful to most threads here, but I do enjoy reading the banter between you guys, and learning some stuff in the process. One thing I have learned is that posting live auctions here is kinda frowned upon. I can definitely understand the reasons why. With that being said, why would anyone want to intentionally post a live auction, knowing it would not be very well liked? BTW, I know where a 99 in 358 Winchester is coming up for auction. If anyone is interested and wants the link, pm me
Thanks, Don

as 99GUY said

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bearschlayerx2
Thanks, Don

Just checked the sale bill again, it says its a 99A in 358
Also as 99F in 243
Also have savage sporters in 22, 22 hornet, 25-20 and 32-20

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
as 99GUY said

[/quote] 1899sav

I've dealt squarely with a bunch of you guys on a personal level. You can act out in public if it makes you feel better.

I'll tell you one thing, you'll never get a PM from me asking you to bid my item up for me in an auction. When a "respected" member here asked me to do that I aired it out on the forum w/o naming names to let the person know that's NOT OK in my book.

So things aren't always as they're made out to be on the forum, both ways.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/22/13.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by 99guy
Haven't we seen this movie before?

Over and over and over again..

In my opinion...

Fireball2, if you think it's an interesting auction PM it to me or somebody else to talk about, or PM it to somebody specific you think may be looking for that one.

Everybody here is an adult and can search the auctions for themselves if they want guns. Let the folks willing to do the work get a bargain if nobody else finds it.

Then you all need to start acting like it.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Everybody here is an adult and can search the auctions for themselves if they want guns. Let the folks willing to do the work get a bargain if nobody else finds it.

That's the best advice yet - you lead the way, I will be right behind you (if I can borrow some 'big boy pants' to wear!)

Gene
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeneB

That's the best advice yet - you lead the way, I will be right behind you (if I can borrow some 'big boy pants' to wear!)

You may be a smart guy, but you sure as hell don't know when to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Shill-bidding........such wonderful people

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fireball, one or two. I have seen that you have sold alot of nice rifles lately. If you are selling on Gunbroker it seems to be fine to post your live auction on The Fire. i follow a few guys that post here on the fire u being one because u make me laugh..but the guys u pis? off ar the guys i follow ab SAV 99 INFO.. i no thers no rules or regulations here but y keep pis!en off the good people here. u APOLOGIZE way to much...

SAVAGE TTT
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Here we go again....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DFTT

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
as 99GUY said

1899sav

I've dealt squarely with a bunch of you guys on a personal level. You can act out in public if it makes you feel better.

I'll tell you one thing, you'll never get a PM from me asking you to bid my item up for me in an auction. When a "respected" member here asked me to do that I aired it out on the forum w/o naming names to let the person know that's NOT OK in my book.

So things aren't always as they're made out to be on the forum, both ways.[/quote]

Roy

You could take the high ground here and end the whole thing by just moving on.

But instead when people take exception to your action or behavior you go into a tailspin.

How can you hold a job and maintain relationships when you are so sensitive to any type of criticism?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 99tguy
Fireball, one or two. I have seen that you have sold alot of nice rifles lately. If you are selling on Gunbroker it seems to be fine to post your live auction on The Fire. i follow a few guys that post here on the fire u being one because u make me laugh..but the guys u pis? off ar the guys i follow ab SAV 99 INFO.. i no thers no rules or regulations here but y keep pis!en off the good people here. u APOLOGIZE way to much...

I'm selling more than I'm buying but I haven't quit looking so I passed this rifle on to the rest of you, that's it.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.