Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am a fairly new member to this site but has quickly become my favorite. Despite the recent tragedy in Sandy Hook , CT we have changed this site from a brotherhood of gun enthusiates and place to find something that you have been looking for not for the rampant greed that some of our members have shown. I will not purchase from them and won't sell only trade with our members until this crap blows over.
Trapdoor

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've bought here and sold here, but what I won't do is bash another members thread. If you don't like the price asked, move along.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CAPITALISM, IF YOU BOUGHT AN AR FOR $500 WOULD YOU SELL IT FOR THAT OR WHAT IT WAS WORTH.

guns to me are like legal crack
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Plain and simple. When others talk about price gouging. How in the world can it be considered gouging when in fact to my knowledge there has never been any item listed on here that is a must have cannot live without item. All this "stuff" is luxury or hobby items. It is not food, an emergency medical situation, or do or die. No one is forced into paying the prices listed. Wait it out and let prices settle down, which they have. On the other hand what if prices would have continued to soar, some of the so-called "gouging" prices would now look like a bargain. It is each persons own risk assessment of the situation. I personally believe you now have a chance to stock up before the battle starts again from the great powers of the government. If you fail to do it this time (3rd time) you have no one to blame but yourself.

Yes I buy from the classifieds. I spend way more than I sell. My theory: the more I buy used the less I spend with Companies, Countries and People who do not like the American Way. More people should buy at garage sales, flea markets,here, etc.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It's quite the dilemma isn't it. Case in point, I have a NIB Bushmaster M4 that I would have sold for $900 a year ago. I might even have thrown in an extra 30 rd mag. If I wanted to sell it today what should I ask? If a friend wanted it at less than current market value, would that person be less than a friend? Would they be the greedy person, wanting me to take the potential $500 / $600 dollar loss? I sure couldn't replace it with another for the same money.

What is the proper answer?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The answer, treat others as you too wish to be treated.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree 100%. What a great world it would be. Good shooting

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have seen a lot of crude comments about a price that someone wants. I think, if you don't like it, move along. Let a guy try to get what he wants. If it's unfair the thread will die and the seller will readjust his thinking.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Spot on Boise!!

I've not sold any thing on this sight. I have made several deals with guys coast to coast they were all long time members with good reps.
I learned a great deal and made good deals for myself.
Do your homework and have fun.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I look at reselling more or less that I the "seller," have something the "buyer" doesn't have & have done the shopping for him.... the buyer reaps the benefit. rm73

"Make my day"
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oops

Last edited by Tanglewood; 02/23/13.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's happening all over right now, give things a chance to calm down and I believe it will correct. As others have said these are items we want, not need.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the posters that complain about high prices: If I were to list something too cheaply would you also jump in the thread and tell me my price was too low?

As for me, I read the ad and buy it if I want it at or near the price advertised, or move along if I don't want it at the asking price. Pretty simple.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I do understand when i see a lb of powder going for $40-$60, but I just decide to wait it out. I might have to just shoot my bow until things calm down. One thing is people here don't seem to be price gouging as much as other places I've seen. Even local stores are price gouging primers, bullets, and components.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
people are paying crazy money right now. Gun "value" has gone up. You are a fool if you sell at the going price before the craze.

I am one gun away from happy
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
There has ALWAYS been those on this and other forums those who are very, shall we say, optimistic, regarding what their things are worth. Even sadder are those who even believe it's worth what is asked and buy the stuff.

So, if someone is asking what something is worth in a given situation, I wouldn't call it greed. If someone is asking more than what it's worth, I would call it optimism. If someone pays more that what it's worth, I would call it dumb.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
people are paying crazy money right now. Gun "value" has gone up. You are a fool if you sell at the going price before the craze.

Amen. I buy "Good Quality Guns As An Investment". I know they will increase in price, they always have and always will, sometimes it is just at a much faster pace than expected. Better than money in the bank.

Yes I buy from the classifieds. I spend way more than I sell. My theory: the more I buy used the less I spend with Companies, Countries and People who do not like the American Way. More people should buy at garage sales, flea markets,here, etc.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If someone gives you something, can you sell it or you required to give it to someone else. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hate to see what would happen price wise if CHIT really hit the fan instead of speculation? crazy

Last edited by coobie; 02/23/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have a worst problem with people putting comments on post that are neg. or have nothing to do with the the WTS,WTT or WTB. Than they turn it into a pissing match. If you don't like the price, have one for sale or trade just move on. It's really easy.

GA precision all day long
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.