Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Onpoint
Originally Posted by Backroads
If a seller does not want any comments on price, why do they post on an open forum?
Try armslist for no public dissent.

How about respecting someone post as you would like your post respected. QUIT WITH THE OPEN FORUM STUFF. If you want to have a open forum everyone should post there phone numbers, address and legal name. Hey while we are at it can I get your soc #. Stop with the foolishness!!

That is just the way the 'fire is.
I guess what I am saying is that anyone that actually posts outside of the classifieds knows that someone will give you their opinion, whether you want it or not.
That is just how it goes here. Either embrace it, or shut up with trying to change it.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
I've bought here and sold here, but what I won't do is bash another members thread. If you don't like the price asked, move along.

agree..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's even less room for mass amounts of whining.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a seller does not want any comments on price, why do they post on an open forum?
Try armslist for no public dissent.

How about respecting someone post as you would like your post respected. QUIT WITH THE OPEN FORUM STUFF. If you want to have a open forum everyone should post there phone numbers, address and legal name. Hey while we are at it can I get your soc #. Stop with the foolishness!!

That is just the way the 'fire is.
I guess what I am saying is that anyone that actually posts outside of the classifieds knows that someone will give you their opinion, whether you want it or not.
That is just how it goes here. Either embrace it, or shut up with trying to change it.

Here we go with the you only post in the classifed crap! I will tell you what you keep on posting your I can shoot a 1/2" group with my 1911 over in the other forums. I will hang out here in the classifieds were MOST of the guys want to respect other. And another thing I don't have to shut up or embrace your views.

GA precision all day long
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Trapdoor
I am a fairly new member to this site but has quickly become my favorite. Despite the recent tragedy in Sandy Hook , CT we have changed this site from a brotherhood of gun enthusiates and place to find something that you have been looking for not for the rampant greed that some of our members have shown. I will not purchase from them and won't sell only trade with our members until this crap blows over.
Trapdoor

Congrats?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hint:

Most sellers get the message if their price is too high and nobody responds...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Different people come to the fire for different reasons. There is definitely a group of individuals who post almost exclusively in the free classified forum. They stick up for one another, give each other free bumps and generally pimp each other�s product. And good lord how they circle the wagons if anyone comes in here to talk [bleep] about the [bleep] they or one of their fellow free classified forum dwellers are hawking. Long before I ever visited the free classifieds I�d read snarky comments about this subculture down here in the classifieds. Definitely people subsidizing their living and playing selling stuff here. Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that if I don�t recognize the poster from one of the forums I do read, I tend to shy away. When threads like this take place I like to check the where the people do most of their posting. Not surprisingly, the people that call for total free market bs in the free classifieds post mostly, if not exclusively, in the free classifieds.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Trapdoor
I am a fairly new member to this site but has quickly become my favorite. Despite the recent tragedy in Sandy Hook , CT we have changed this site from a brotherhood of gun enthusiates and place to find something that you have been looking for not for the rampant greed that some of our members have shown. I will not purchase from them and won't sell only trade with our members until this crap blows over.
Trapdoor

Have you ever sold a piece of real estate in your life? I'd like to know that you impose the standards on yourself and only sell on a personal cost basis. A house is actually closer a necessity than anything you'll find here in the classifieds. Takes you back to living by the rule of "...cast the first stone"
The less response to an overpriced item listed here the faster it goes away. I personally like that feature. When you open and view an ad for an overpriced item just click on the "back" button and the ad goes away and you never have to worry about it again. Works great for me!

Last edited by Launchingrounds; 02/23/13.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P.S., it is not just price. How many VX-3s have turned out to be VX-IIIs Or Veri-x iii?

And what about the long time members who created new accounts before trying to sell overpriced ARs or 22lr? Come on, you know if someone was too embarrassed to use a name they spent building the reputation on that they new they were doing something questionable.

And that's the point, on other parts of the fire people like to be collegial, act like we actually share some common values or maybe even a little friendship. Telling someone they are trying something dangerous would be welcome. But warning people off buying overpriced crap is wrong?

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 40O
Different people come to the fire for different reasons. There is definitely a group of individuals who post almost exclusively in the free classified forum. They stick up for one another, give each other free bumps and generally pimp each other�s product. And good lord how they circle the wagons if anyone comes in here to talk [bleep] about the [bleep] they or one of their fellow free classified forum dwellers are hawking. Long before I ever visited the free classifieds I�d read snarky comments about this subculture down here in the classifieds. Definitely people subsidizing their living and playing selling stuff here. Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that if I don�t recognize the poster from one of the forums I do read, I tend to shy away. When threads like this take place I like to check the where the people do most of their posting. Not surprisingly, the people that call for total free market bs in the free classifieds post mostly, if not exclusively, in the free classifieds.

You have got to be a lawyer!!

GA precision all day long
IC B3

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 40O

Page 13, January 3, 2013 was the last time you posted outside the Fee Classifieds.

Rep.Mitchell.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 40O
P.S., it is not just price. How many VX-3s have turned out to be VX-IIIs Or Veri-x iii?

And what about the long time members who created new accounts before trying to sell overpriced ARs or 22lr? Come on, you know if someone was too embarrassed to use a name they spent building the reputation on that they new they were doing something questionable.

And that's the point, on other parts of the fire people like to be collegial, act like we actually share some common values or maybe even a little friendship. Telling someone they are trying something dangerous would be welcome. But warning people off buying overpriced crap is wrong?

More liberal shiit. I can handle my own sales/purchases. I don't need your help bozo.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 40O

If the classifieds are free and you wont "deal" with these people, why do you care? There are some people who post only in the classifieds, and one in particular, I've bought several items from. Every item was as described, shipped quickly, and I paid what I thought it was worth. WTF is wrong with that?

The idea that a poster is supposed to give away his schit while contributing meaningless dribble to forums only to be "accepted" is stupid.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. How [bleep] hard is that?

I guess it's an entitlement thing.....

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 40O
Originally Posted by 40O

Page 13, January 3, 2013 was the last time you posted outside the Fee Classifieds.

Once again- thanks for saving the world

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by 40O

More liberal shiit. I can handle my own sales/purchases. I don't need your help bozo.

It's liberal shiit when you want the government to do it. When we stick up for our family, real friends and our community it's called being neighborly.

P.S., GFY

Rep.Mitchell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No doubt. Who determines what is a high price or what is acceptable. What is high for you might be acceptable to me. I am a big boy and can take care of my own buying. I seldom ask the seller if they will take less, if it is a price I am ok with I buy it. And if you check back and see most of what I list for sale sells pretty fast so my selling price must be fair too.

Yes I buy from the classifieds. I spend way more than I sell. My theory: the more I buy used the less I spend with Companies, Countries and People who do not like the American Way. More people should buy at garage sales, flea markets,here, etc.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is just another forum and anyone can post anything they want here. No rules. How many times have you given your business associates around here a free bump? Or maybe you use different screen names and bump your own craap? If people can pump products, whats wrong with pointing out that the product is misrepresented, overpriced, or good old fashion craap?

Rep.Mitchell.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 40O
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by 40O

It's liberal shiit when you want the government to do it. When we stick up for our family, real friends and our community it's called being neighborly.

P.S., GFY

You even argue like a liberal-- using family, friends, and community as human shields to acquire sympathy.

Last edited by kroo88; 02/23/13.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sympathy? You label someone a liberal so you can sell your crap while riding the coat tales of conservatives.

Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably vote for democrats to run up the price of the craap you sell. Real American of you.

Rep.Mitchell.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.