Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shootem, you are a gougin' mofo asking sky high prices for your crap Norinco ammo. Damnit I hate seeing dudes try to gouge on imported ammo just pisses me off to no end.

By the way, folks, I've still got a Marlin 60 I'm asking $700 for. It's used and I've never cleaned it but Obama's gonna outlaw it soon and you need to take advantage of this smoking sweet deal.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that one of those rare assault 60's? If it had a zombie sticker it would bring more money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Trapdoor
I am a fairly new member to this site but has quickly become my favorite. Despite the recent tragedy in Sandy Hook , CT we have changed this site from a brotherhood of gun enthusiates and place to find something that you have been looking for not for the rampant greed that some of our members have shown. I will not purchase from them and won't sell only trade with our members until this crap blows over.
Trapdoor

GFY

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All,

I would have to say that its not the market (including the people who are active in it), but the conditions that influence the market, most of which are out of our control.

I have only sold 1 "Ban gun" and I admit it was only because of the price spike. FYI - the guy who bought it was glad to get it, my store was glad to make their comission, and I was glad to make a profit. None of these are bad things among consenting adults.

BUT I also respect people who are willing to buy/sell without the $$$ ruling their lives, and when I say respect I mean quid pro quo. I'm always glad when I can pass along a deal to a friend and have done so many many times when I could have made a few bucks easily.

Free Market seems like the only way to go to me.

Kragman1

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey Trapdoor

You didnt happen to buy a 4in Python for 325.00 quite a few years ago that I buy from you for 325.00 did you?

Or some Apple stock?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Techsan
Shootem, you are a gougin' mofo asking sky high prices for your crap Norinco ammo. Damnit I hate seeing dudes try to gouge on imported ammo just pisses me off to no end.

By the way, folks, I've still got a Marlin 60 I'm asking $700 for. It's used and I've never cleaned it but Obama's gonna outlaw it soon and you need to take advantage of this smoking sweet deal.

I'm hurt Tech, really hurt. After all we've been thru..................

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Maybe we should change the title from "No room for greed on 24hourcampfire.com" to " NO room for newbies who are whining little girls on 24hourcampfire.com"

If you haven't caught on yet Trapdoor, your views are not well received. Things are what they are. We all play our own cards how and when and why we each see fit in life. You trying to dictate how or why things should be done is foolish.

You don't like the price; move on. This is life. You will see that everywhere.

Unless of course you want to sell me some choice firearms and gear for what you paid for it ten or so years ago. That's right and fair right?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It is only greed if the price is too high to sell

I am one gun away from happy
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is still going on?

Circle the wagons boys. Circle the wagons. You all obviously have the same sense of belonging and camaraderie as we have on the other forums around here. Except three things 1) money, 2) greed and 3) total intolerance for anyone who disagrees with you.

If you really care about this forum, re-read this thread. No one is saying everyone here is scum. But I don't sell my neighbor whatever I can at the highest price. A stranger, sure. My neighbor, nope. You guys are trying to defend the right to treat the guys around here without any regard. That makes you un-neighborly. Don'e like the label? Tell you what, lets get Rick to charge for every add you post. Lets tern this into a real capitalist haven. Instead of being camp fire kahunas, lets label you for what you are - advertisers. Then lets charge you for it.

Circle the wagon boys. In my case its around the 2nd, in you case it's around the right to sell crap anyway you can without comment.

Circle the wagon boys.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So whats your "good deal of the day"? Remember we're neighbors grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GFY

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Circle the wagons boys.

Good night.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thank God he's going to bed, I couldn't be laughing any harder.

Yes I buy from the classifieds. I spend way more than I sell. My theory: the more I buy used the less I spend with Companies, Countries and People who do not like the American Way. More people should buy at garage sales, flea markets,here, etc.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 40O
Circle the wagons boys.

Good night.

This is some good stuff

Carry on

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He just sent me a pm with a smiley face. Gacey like

Yes I buy from the classifieds. I spend way more than I sell. My theory: the more I buy used the less I spend with Companies, Countries and People who do not like the American Way. More people should buy at garage sales, flea markets,here, etc.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
laugh

Your comparing that to Gacey?

I suppose that's what happens when you question someones livelihood.

Checking out of this freak show.

Bye.

Rep.Mitchell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thought you went to bed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner
There's even less room for mass amounts of whining.

Amen. There's been a big bit ch fest here lately. Somebody bring in the waaambulance

Put your big boy pants on, and quit yo bitc hin.

Furthermore GFY.

Last edited by Coach_W; 02/24/13.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by mcsmith13
Thought you went to bed

LMAO

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah I am questioning your livelihood as a clown and it is starting to scare me. I honestly think this 40o or whatever is a government plant (uh oh conspiracy theory) because no one can be that stupid to keep coming back for more.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.