Print Thread
Hop To
V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Picked up a new Shield in 9mm Friday. The price was too good to pass up and I've been looking for a pistol thinner than my G27 for carry during the warmer months. Put 75 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ's and 75 rounds of UMC 147 grain FMJ's through it without a hiccup. I can't believe how accurate this little pistol is.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Picked up a new Shield in 9mm Friday. The price was too good to pass up and I've been looking for a pistol thinner than my G27 for carry during the warmer months. Put 75 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ's and 75 rounds of UMC 147 grain FMJ's through it without a hiccup. I can't believe how accurate this little pistol is.
Do you anticipate needing fewer rounds if you're attacked during the warmer months? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't own a Shield as I have no complaints with my standard M&Pc but I see a lot of guys referencing rd count of the Shield. What strikes me as odd is that these same folks for the most part love the J-frame smith and it only holds 5 rds.

Sure it's not a lot lighter then the M&Pc or glock 26/27 but it is much thinner. It's too big in size to be a pocket gun and its weight isnt crazy but it's thickness allows it to simply disappear on a belt.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would like to get one, you hear nothing but good about them, I have a Kahr PM9 however and it is difficult to justify another of that same class pistol these days. The trigger reset on the shield is better I am told.

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
It is very thin and does disappear. I have a M.I.C. holster for my G27 and can pocket carry it in certain pants and shirt combinations. M.I.C. makes a holster for the Shield that would probably be a breeze to conceal.

As to the round count, I'm not overly concerned on that one. The 9mm will hold 7+1 with the flush magazine or 8+1 with the extended magazine. With some good self defense rounds, I'm not really worried about losing a couple rounds.

IC B2

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I would like to get one, you hear nothing but good about them, I have a Kahr PM9 however and it is difficult to justify another of that same class pistol these days. The trigger reset on the shield is better I am told.

I can't blame you there. The Kahr's are nice little pistols and surprisingly accurate, IMO.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have all ways liked the S&W 3913 type pistols.They are single stack 8+1 rd double actions that make great carry guns.The S&W Shield is smaller yet and should really make for a wonderful carry weapon.They are very hard to find for less than $600 in my area.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/smith-wesson-mp-9-shield-range-report-new-gun-review/

Like oats through a horses ass, so are the days of my life
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Picked up my 9mm Shield today. I've been waiting a couple of months. I plan to fling some lead in a bit....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by buzardbait
I have all ways liked the S&W 3913 type pistols.They are single stack 8+1 rd double actions that make great carry guns.The S&W Shield is smaller yet and should really make for a wonderful carry weapon.They are very hard to find for less than $600 in my area.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/smith-wesson-mp-9-shield-range-report-new-gun-review/

Probably should not mention this but I only gave $349 plus tax for mine.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
picked one up approx 1 month prior, nice accurate gun

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Bought a shield for myself and one for the grandson.No regrets.coobie

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You are correct on the trigger reset on the kahr.I had a kahr PM 9 and sold it because I could not stand the trigger,love the shield trigger.coobie

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
+2 on the triggers. I shot the Shield and decided my Kahr PM40 was out. Funny thing is I ended up replacing it with a Smith J frame instead of the Shield. The J frame points very well for me, and I like the option of firing it from my jacket pocket.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nice buy Va, I'd like to find a Shield in .40, maybe when things settle down a little they will become more available...........Hb

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Nice buy Va, I'd like to find a Shield in .40, maybe when things settle down a little they will become more available...........Hb

Kind of wanted a 40 myself since I have a lot of 40 ammo but could not find one....plenty of 9's though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12savage, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,895
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.