Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I carve the occasional decoy, but could not do it for less than the ones listed already. Since they are specifically made for your purpose, I think they would be the way to go. If cost is a factor, I would just get a nice cork decoy, cut it at the water line, hollow it, and insert a suitable (waterproof) container with the ashes. Seal it with Marine Tex, and touch up the paint.

GB1

RatFink Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the idea Benchman. That's pretty much where this quest is headed now. For hunting purposes a hollowed cedar or cork decoy would work best as well. I have a lead on a local guy that might be able to help me craft my own which would be really cool. He has all of the tools and had made hollow cedar decoys before.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's what I would do. Heck, too bad you're so far away - I would do the coaching thing for you too! I actually think a nice used deke would be better than something spanking new. Coupla shot holes and a bit of duck blood would be fitting. Too bad he didn't chew one up when he was a pup - that would be PERFECT!!! I think it is a very thoughtful idea. The darn dogs sure get to ya....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RatFink
Steelhead -

I would like to keep my dogs ashes in a decoy Urn to take her hunting once a year. What's wrong with that? She deserves better than what you will most likely end up as, which will probably be a lifeless carcass dumped into a pigpen to be turned into greasy pig [bleep]. Eat [bleep] and die Mr. Douchebag.

Where did I say anything about your dog, you inbred, non-reading comprehension, SOB?

Guessing you'll be bringing a jar of peanut butter too.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why the [bleep] would anyone want to be kept around in an urn?
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron

Sorry if that's what daddy did to you, but get over it bitch.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the OP has a wonderful idea and I hope he gets it done.

I have had quite enough of this "Steelhead" idiot, off he goes to my "ignore" list. smirk

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Why the [bleep] would anyone want to be kept around in an urn?
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron

Sorry if that's what daddy did to you, but get over it bitch.
If you're looking for a bitch, you are barking up the wrong tree Princess

I however can offer to bring you down a few notches. If you wanna ride this bull, go ahead... I'm your Huckleberry

waiting

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
geez Scott, unless i missed something you came across on the rag today on this comment.

Way off base IMHO. And due an apology on top of that.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RatFink,

Sorry for the loss of a true and good friend. My old pup is getting up there and I think about the day she wont be up to heading to the river or the field with me.

Ive not thought how I would want to remember her when the time comes. Your idea has really got me thinking of something similar.
The deke idea is great but I would hate to loose her in bad weather or for some other reason. Ive got some great pics of Jazz and I after some very memorable hunts. Im thinking of just a shelf with her ashes in a decoy and some pics in the gun room, though I would like to have her be a part of the hunt too, Im not sure.

As to Steelhead's comment...In poor taste.(IMO)

Last edited by inland44; 02/28/13.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1minute, 62 invisible), 14,052 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,281
Posts18,545,107
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.