Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
I am going to be in Italy starting Sept 14 near Lago Maggiore and then onto Emelia Romagna on the 28th and a third week in Amalfi area near Sant'Agata.
Any suggestions? fishing - hunting - things to see?

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Joe,
If you can swing thru Brescia, you'll love it. If this is your first time in Italy you are in for a treat. The Italians are friendly and fun. While in Maggiore hit Isla Bella. Are you flying into Milan?
GreggH

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Joe,

You'll love Italy. Just take your time and enjoy it all. If you have the time and the interest, stay at the Hotel Subastiano in Assisi and spend a few days simply loving Assisi.

We'll be doing a pilgrimage to Spain, Portugal and Roma this fall and we are very much looking forward to it. Because of age and deteriorating health, this will probably be our last pilgrimage.

Have a wonderful time,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Joe,
The Amalfi coast may be one of the most beautiful places on earth! Lovely coastline dotted with fishing villages that are all postcards. John Steinbeck wrote of Amalfi as "either your sloughing up a hill or sliding down one". If you drive, beware of the narrow roadways and buses! Eat some local, caught that day seafood. Enjoy the lemoncello.
Have an awesome trip,
John

BigBullet
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness.

https://www.facebook.com/Natal-Outfitters-195443607135825/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Aunts used to go to Italy every few years. I love to trout fish and my Aunts told me they do a lot of trout fishing. There are a lot of cold mountain streams. If that's your thing, I'd google trout fishing in Italy. I also know that they hunt wild boar and quail. When I go, I hope, I will fly fish for Italian trout. That's a must.

Fly Fishing Italy
http://www.flyfishingitaly.com/

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When we were in Orvieto and Assisi, every restraunt that served wild boar had a mounted boar head outside ... right by the front door. It was really cool.

I had boar tenderloins with fresh local truffles for dinner one evening. It was fantastic beyond words.

Blessings,

Steve

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I know of Hunting in Tuscany offering Trophy and Management Hunting for Mouflon, Fallow Deer and Wild Boar. The Estate is situated about 30 miles from Pisa. If this is somthing that would be of interest to you, then please do PM me and I will forward contact details/info.
Cheers,
Paul.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take the ferry to Capri, that is not to be missed.

My wife and I took it from Positano, stayed a night in Capri, then took the ferry to Sorrento.

We took a chairlift to the top of the mountain on Capri and it had unbelievable views.

Great wine, great food and beautiful Italian women.

Not that I noticed the wemmins. smile

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
If you head back to Rome from Amalfi, consider a stop at the U.S. Cemetery at Nettuno; 7861 of our boys there that did not make it back home from Italy in WWII. Very beautiful grounds and very moving experience.

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by dogzapper

When we were in Orvieto and Assisi, every restraunt that served wild boar had a mounted boar head outside ... right by the front door. It was really cool.

I had boar tenderloins with fresh local truffles for dinner one evening. It was fantastic beyond words.

Blessings,

Steve

Anybody going has to try the Chinghali, a unbelievable sauce made by slow cooking wild boar in wine and minced vegetables and tomatoes over a wide tagliatelle pasta.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cinghiale is not a particular meal but the italian word for wild boar.

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dang, I'm getting hungry.

Steve

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Cinghiale is not a particular meal but the italian word for wild boar.

Correct, and if made with venison it is called "ragu di salvaggina", or "carne di cervo" the Italian word for vinison.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well known river for trout fishing in Italia (recommended techniques depending on season): check the "Tanaro" river.

BTW wild boar meat in pasta tomato sauce, instead of beef & pork ... tastes GOOD smile

Va t'in tch�re !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (160user, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.