Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Nasqam hats off to you for starting this. If you didn't we might not have found mike. We need a sticky for this so we find the mikes out there.

Kevin

GB1

nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I appreciate the kind words and the generous sentiment here at the 'Fire but by no means am I the originator of this type of donation.
Paul Walukewicz, FOsteology and Seafire may not have been the first either but they're the ones I remember as beginning this movement. It was then joined by many fine members.

Waiting on Slayer to contact me with Mike's mother's consent.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just got word that Mike is needing a RH bow so this is again available to a deserving LH youth.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thank you all so much, I talked with Michael and his mother and discovered that he'll be needing a right handed bow even though he is a lefty, his eye dominance is on the right side. Im going to see what I can put together as I have an extra pse bow madness that I think will work out for him.

I can't thank you enough for such a generous offer and i hope you can find another youngster to pass this on too.

Steve

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just read the last couple of pages of this post and all I can say is wow. It makes me feel great knowing that such a great bunch of people are all gathered in one place, ready to help out a kid they don't even know. I'm looking through and trying to contact everyone who has offered up a gift for Mike but if I miss you please shoot me a PM.

As for hunting clothes between myself and a couple of friends that have grown kids we have him outfitted for life and maybe even a little extra wink

IC B2

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
i've got a pse thunderbolt that has barely been shot and i could probably scrape up some accessories from around the closet to get it shootable (i may be missing a rest).....its rh and 60-70lb, pm me a shipping address and i'll send it your way for Michael in the morning when i go to post office

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if he needs the harness just let me not thanks matt allen

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the Offer ugadeer, but i've got him covered now that I know he'll be shooting right handed. I'm giving him my PSE bow madness, it was my backup bow but I rarely ever shoot it so now it'll be his.

I think we do need to get a sticky so we can keep helping people, everytime I look at this thread everyone's kindness makes me smile.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Bump up for mike

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a lefty 13 year old son. If your willing to let him grow into it a bit, he would put it to use.
[Linked Image]
I had to buy a tang safety Savage for a lefty. Shot a spikehorn, too!

Brian

IC B3

nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd be honored to give this bow to your boy Brian.

I need to wait to see if there are any other nominees but your boy is in the running.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Slayer_mn1
Thank you all so much, I talked with Michael and his mother and discovered that he'll be needing a right handed bow even though he is a lefty, his eye dominance is on the right side. Im going to see what I can put together as I have an extra pse bow madness that I think will work out for him.

I can't thank you enough for such a generous offer and i hope you can find another youngster to pass this on too.

Steve

Buddy of mine is right handed and left eye dominate. It's going to be tough on a young lefty trying shoot a bow right handed. My buddy solved his issue by wearing a patch over his dominate left eye. He only flipped it down when he was ready to shot. Left it flipped up all the rest of the time. After a few years of this his right eye evened out and he no longer needs to use the patch. He shot a lefty rifle for years. Missed some deer because of it. I think it would be very awkward for a young lefty to try to learn to shoot a bow right handed.

Might be worth a try.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We have another nominee which was posted in the Lefty Forum. I'm going to quote it here to keep this all on the same page.

Originally Posted by WITUfan

I know a kid who would be really interested in the bow. His name is Dylan. We hired Dylan's older brother at work a few years ago. I honestly only know Dylan through his brother. I can tell you from working closely with him that his brother is a fine young man and a determined and hard worker. Dylan is very close to his brother and seems to be the same kind of kid.

Dylan just turned 20 in January. He is currently attending Community College and is going to transfer to the Criminal Justice program at EKU when completed. He is really putting a big effort into school. He is the student representative on the Criminal Justice advisory committee at the community college. He wants to become a state trooper. Dylan strikes me as a good, hard working kid who is trying to follow the footsteps of his older brother and do something productive with his life.

Growing up, I don't think Dylan was as into the outdoors as his brother, but last year he really got into hunting deer and turkeys and he shot his first buck last fall with his brother serving as his trusty guide. It was a really nice one and the kid has gone wild for deer hunting. He has been saving his money for a while to try and get a bow before next deer season. That is the reason I know he is looking, my friends know I shoot left handed as well so he asked me to keep an eye open for a good used LH bow. I haven't found anything. Used RH bows are a dime a dozen, but finding something LH is tough.

I'm sure there are plenty of other deserving young folks out there, so regardless of what you decide, I think this is an awesome thing you are doing. If you would like for me to get you in touch with Dylan, I would be happy to do so.

Take care,

Steve

You guys need to help me here. We have a young 13yo who may not be able to draw it for a bit but who would grow into it nicely and we have a hard working 20yo whose money is tied up in his education.
Wish I had two bows to give away.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Easy choice.....send it to Dylan.

Brian

nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not so easy Brian. Your boy would be a great recipient. Crank the weight down to 60# and with some practice he'd be able to draw it and shoot it nicely. Crank it back up as he grows and gets stronger and he could use this bow for a long time.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Your choice. Matt is almost 14 and growing like a weed...more than 4 " in the last year. Won't be long and he could use it.
Thanks for considering him.

Brian

nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm choosing Matt, Brian's (docost99) kid solely on the basis of Brian's longer involvement here at the 'Fire.
I hate to disappoint Dylan and WITU but a decision needed to be made between two worthy candidates and I made the choice.

Please PM me your shipping info and I'll get it in the mail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
very well done...........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thank you very much, Ken. He will put it to good use.

Brian

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Hey guys,

I was the guy who nominated Dylan. I was looking for this in the LH forum and didn't realize the string was posted here. I'm really just sort of learning my way around on this site anyway. smile

I just wanted to say a big thanks to nsaqam for making this generous offer. It looks like it is going to an extremely deserving young man. I hope he gets a lot of enjoyment out of it.

docost99, I really had to smile when I saw your response when you saw Dylan's nomination. I thought that response showed real class. I truly wish you and your son the best.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,042
Posts18,521,112
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.