-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
2 more company's leaving CO if Magpul does.

But there's not much joy this morning if you're an employee of Magpul Industries or two of their primary suppliers, Lawrence Tool and Molding and Alfred Manufacturing. Today, the two suppliers are delivering letters to the Colorado legislature with a very clear message: if Magpul leaves Colorado, we're leaving as well.

Alfred CEO Greg Alfred's letter tells Colorado senators he's "concerned about Colorado House Bill 1224, as it will have a devastating impact on Colorado businesses and the 150 individuals we employ in Colorado."

The letters from Lawrence Tool and Molding (above) and Alfred Manufacturing (below) leave no doubt as to their intentions should anti-gun legislation pass. Click on the letters to see them for yourself.

He goes on to say that, despite being a third generation Colorado company founded by his grandfather in 1948 that "if HB1224 passes, we will plain and simply have no choice but to relocate part or all of our operations to another state."

Alfred tells the legislators that his company has grown, despite the latest economic downturn, from 40 employees in 2008 to 150 employees today. With growth projected for 2013, Alfred said he has put all expansion plans on hold until the matter is clarified.

"If HB1224 made Colorado safer, I would put my business interests aside and endorse it as a fourth generation Colorado citizen," Alfred wrote, "The fact is that HB1224 will do absolutely nothing to improve or enhance public safety in Colorado."

"The only impact HB1224 will have on Colorado is to hurt the Colorado economy...destroy Colorado jobs...and significantly harm my Colorado business."

The story's the same with the 36-year old Lawrence Tool and Molding. President Lloyd Lawrence points out proudly that the company's injection molded plastic parts support dozens of local businesses and in "DIA, RTD's lite rail, Children's Hospital, Union Station and numerous projects around the state."

With passage of HB13-1224, he says, "we will draw this relationship to a close."

Colorado, and Lawrence Tool, he says, find themselves at a crossroads. "Magpul has promised to move out of state if the legislation passes. They feel it'd be wrong to give the benefit of their labors to a community that has banned their product. We agree, and with this letter we're going to join them."

But, Lawrence says, there's more at risk than just jobs. "Each of our employees has a family and they have families; we are their lifeline....consider the number of businesses that rely on us for earnings and the number of dependents climbs in a hurry. The effects will be felt by people we've never even met (e.g., doctors, grocers, mechanics, and those relying on public services)."

Powerful stuff, but Lawrence closes his letter with an invitation to the legislators "to meet some of the people that will suffer the impact."

Somehow, I'm not thinking the legislators who are pushing this legislation, and are aware of the toll it will take on the state's citizens and revenues, are going to take Mr. Lawrence up on the invitation.

As the numbers of companies considering relocation from anti-gun rights states grows, we'll keep you posted.

You CANNOT protect the Constitution without the 2nd Amendment.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The upcoming Recreational Marijuana stores will more than cover the loss of a few small businesses.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kudos to them for standing with Magpul!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With all of the common sense being held under their noses, particuarly the known fact that their proposed laws will have little or no effect on the crime factor - their alleged reasons for the laws - even a dummy should be staring to get the message to stop the hurtful nonsense. They must be 99.9% political hacks.

It's bad enough that good companies are looking to leave there, but the omen for Colorado's political future is terrible.

Last edited by CCCC; 02/28/13.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We need to get as many of these business moved into the "Free" states as possible. The reason we lost the last civil war was because all the industry was located in the north. We gonna whup'em this time!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The upcoming Recreational Marijuana stores will more than cover the loss of a few small businesses.

I had the same thought.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We have it all wrong according to a pm I got from northwestaZzhole. We have to see that the conservative movement is really harming our country. After all we are but a few old white men crying about how things used to be and the nation has given up on those ideals. But hey. He wanted me to know that he is a gun owner just like all of us. And he supports the second amendment. ( riiiight)

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
He goes on to say that, despite being a third generation Colorado company founded by his grandfather in 1948 that "if HB1224 passes, we will plain and simply have no choice but to relocate part or all of our operations to another state."

I guess they will be moving to New Your then.

I do not agree with lots of issues that our state passes into law but I don't think I will take my ball and move to Utah if I disagree with the next stupid bill that comes out of the house.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you are a dumbphuck to the nth degree

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
nwa you most likely aren't smart enough to understand this young lady but I will post it anyway...

watch

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
VP Slow Joe was calling our representatives while the issue was being debated on the House Floor to strong arm then to vote for the bill. Apparently it worked.

I wonder what kind of Chicago tactics he has in store for our Senate.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
nwa . . . make a contribution . . . put the muzzle in your mouth and say bye bye.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's the plan. Gun stuff in Colorado really doesn't matter to many people there anymore.
_________

Colorado marijuana task force finishes groundbreaking work Thursday

The Denver Postbrushnewstribune.com

When it was formed, back in December, Colorado's Amendment 64 Implementation Task Force was given an almost comical challenge: Astound the world in 80 days.

Between Dec. 10, when Gov. John Hickenlooper created the task force, and Feb. 28, the group was to develop proposed regulations for a recreational marijuana industry unlike any in the planet's history. But, by the close of its last meeting sometime Thursday evening, the task force will have churned through roughly 100 different issues and put forth dozens of recommended policies.

"This is a big undertaking," Jack Finlaw, a lawyer for Hickenlooper and one of the task force's co-chairs, said at the group's first meeting. "We are creating ideas and vetting issues that I hope

Denver Relief, a marijuana growing, dispensary, and consulting business, is shown Feb. 4, 2013, in Denver. (THE DENVER POST | Kathryn Scott Osler)will be models around the country."

Colorado voters legalized limited possession and retail sales of marijuana in November, creating the need to figure out exactly how that will work.

The task force's recommendations range from the fairly mild � for instance, encouraging state officials to urge the federal government to ease banking prohibitions for marijuana businesses � to the highly controversial � such as one that would allow employers to fire workers for off-the-job marijuana use.

The task force has endorsed efforts to limit stoned driving and declined to block marijuana sales to out-of-state residents, opening the door for pot tourism to Colorado. It has suggested that marijuana stores be restricted in where and how they can advertise. It has proposed that all marijuana products be placed into child-resistant packaging at the point of sale.

Many of the recommended regulations come from Colorado's medical-marijuana business laws. Recreational pot shops, for instance, would have to grow most of what they sell, as medical-marijuana dispensaries must. Dispensaries would also have an exclusive one-year window to apply for recreational marijuana store licenses.

The task force still has a handful of proposals to decide on Thursday. Topics up for discussion include taxes and licensing fees for marijuana stores, changes to criminal laws to accommodate marijuana legalization and regulations on pot serving sizes. The task force expects to present a report to the legislature in early March. Lawmakers will then take the recommendations and decide whether to make them law.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems a few here seem to think it will matter, it will not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Unfortunately boycotts and threats to move businesses out of state don't mean much to a left wing government like Colorado's. To a leftist a business is only useful to tax, if they can't extract more tax money out of them then they'd rather they not be there at all. A viable business provides local jobs, which are NOT what these leftists want. A person with a job is an empowered person, they're less likely to be dependent upon the government therefore less likely to vote for a democrat. There's a reason Obama is doing everything he can to keep the economy stalled, more people out of work and hooked on welfare means more that'll vote the democratic ticket. It's the same on a local level in Colorado, fewer jobs means more hooked on welfare/food stamps therefore more voters that are likely to re-elect their democratic representatives. Magpul and these other companies need to get out of there, but don't think for a minute it'll hurt colorado's democrat government, it's just what they want.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
He goes on to say that, despite being a third generation Colorado company founded by his grandfather in 1948 that "if HB1224 passes, we will plain and simply have no choice but to relocate part or all of our operations to another state." I guess they will be moving to New Your then. I do not agree with lots of issues that our state passes into law but I don't think I will take my ball and move to Utah if I disagree with the next stupid bill that comes out of the house.
The issues involved here are much larger than just some "stupid bill". Your posts on this and at least one other current thread seem to reveal a rather lame "don't rock the boat do-gooder" who has not fully grasped the idea of big decisions based on sound principle rather than muddled political reasoning. Most likely, nobody would care whether or not you chose to leave your state, but they probably would care about why. For some, principles loom large.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

263 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 30 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,003
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.