Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, the dip-wads changed the site, & I ain't a happy camper! Do I have any options?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
let me know if you find out, photobucket is officially crippled. I hate the new format.

Holy $hit for slow and clumsy.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No issues on my end confused

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
have you been forced into the change over yet?

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't worth a damn no more.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
chock fulla tennis rackets is it?

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
have you been forced into the change over yet?

yep been using it since they offered it

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you just need to get used to it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They advised you can not organize, but will have an update soon.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by fluffy

He's right. I was having problems, at first, but just go to your library, put your cursor on a pic, hit links, go to the bottom one and click it. It says copied. Come back and paste. Simple as that.

maddog

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
let me know if you find out, photobucket is officially crippled. I hate the new format.

Holy $hit for slow and clumsy.

Agreed. Used to be, you could jump to the pages on which you knew the pictures you wanted were located. Now you have to scroll all the way down to the pictures you want, which takes forever. I find that I use it much less now because of this.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by maddog

He's right. I was having problems, at first, but just go to your library, put your cursor on a pic, hit links, go to the bottom one and click it. It says copied. Come back and paste. Simple as that.

maddog
That's not the problem.

I suspect the folks who don't mind the changes don't have a huge number of pictures posted there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem I had this AM is that the "links menu" would not "light up".It was there to the right of the pictures, but was inoperative.

I clicked on "update links" and enabled the "easy link" function.Now I have all the link options below each picture- which clutters up the screen- and I clicked on the "IMG...." deal and then I had to copy and paste the old way.

And TRH........ it takes awhile to put pictures in albums, but it makes them easier to find. Are yours in albums?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

maddog

It worked that way for me when I first started using the new deal.......... and then it quit working. You might ought to keep your fingers crossed.grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The problem I had this AM is that the "links menu" would not "light up".It was there to the right of the pictures, but was inoperative.

I clicked on "update links" and enabled the "easy link" function.Now I have all the link options below each picture- which clutters up the screen- and I clicked on the "IMG...." deal and then I had to copy and paste the old way.

And TRH........ it takes awhile to put pictures in albums, but it makes them easier to find. Are yours in albums?
Yes, if I took the time to separated them by albums it would be easier, for sure. I have always just put them all into one huge album. In the old format, this wasn't a problem, because you could jump to whatever page you wanted. Now you are forced to scroll all the way to where you want to get to.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

maddog
That's not the problem.

I suspect the folks who don't mind the changes don't have a huge number of pictures posted there.

This is exactly the problem. I have over 1000 pictures stored, if I want to post something today, I have to start last Tuesday to get pictures loaded to view...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have 2152 pics saved on Photobucket and it is a pain getting all the way back to pics from 6-7 years ago.

What I found to help is have only photobucket running when skipping back through the pics. If I have sirius or youtube playing things will freeze up.

We have a (newer)fast computer but I think our internet connection is the limiting factor when scrolling quickly through the pics.

Takes a few minutes to get to the first(oldest) pics.

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/01/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you are right about the internet connection. Part of my problems with Photobucket is that I bought my first laptop at the same time they made their change, so I can't compare directly.

Also, here at the fishing camp , I have to use a wireless card and the signal is not very strong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I have 2152 pics saved on Photobucket and it is a pain getting all the way back to pics from 6-7 years ago.

What I found to help is have only photobucket running when skipping back through the pics. If I have sirius or youtube playing things will freeze up.

We have a (newer)fast computer but I think our internet connection is the limiting factor when scrolling quickly through the pics.

Takes a few minutes to get to the first(oldest) pics.

I am finding new pics uploaded to library are not first come, first serve. Rather they can appear way down into the older uploaded pics.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I put everything in they wanted Down loads ,uploads and sometimes it works sometimes it don't .It does suck

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (163bc, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 37 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,592
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.