Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 169 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 168 169
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

On the first night at Wilderness, we'll be eating a lot of food that Bob bought and paid for. He did this last year too-An amazingly kind and generous guy.

But on the other hand, I do frequently find it difficult not to bust his balls. It's just a helluva lot of fun.

And once again, I suspect we'll have too much fun at the Hog hunt.

Steve

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by RISJR
I can assure you of a great time with some incredibly decent folks.

Yep! And Bob, will be there too.... grin

==============

I'll take your wife out hunting while you're watching the baby.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
If it rains, I'll stay in camp until it stops. Getting wet ain't my idea of fun.

Last year it was fairly warm; we had a few bouts of rain, which was actually good. The leaves on the ground were wet, so it was easy to move around quietly. If it's raining I won't be carrying the wood stocked rifles, especially not the old ones, but instead take the black beast out.

I have hunted many days in the rain with wood and blue rifles. Our forefathers did not have a choice and they did just fine with them. The pretty 416 Rigby I posted pics of a few pages back has been in SE and Western AK on many a hunt in downours as well as in a Zodiac getting splashed by sea spray etc. They do require a little prep and care, but I don't baby an of my rifles regardless of how pretty or old they might be. Gunstock wax or even plain old Turtle wax for cars is my freind here, along with a couple of other preservatives applied on occasion.

I do get your point, though that for a fun non serious hunt like this it may not make sense to drag around a relic, no matter HOW bad I might want to go that day smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

She'll bring home the bacon, though I cannot account for your safety. She understands the three S's very well....

Seriously though, if it comes down to it, I'd be honored and grateful if you would do just that, pard. There aren't a lot of people that I'd trust but you'd be one of them...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

On the first night at Wilderness, we'll be eating a lot of food that Bob bought and paid for. He did this last year too-An amazingly kind and generous guy.

But on the other hand, I do frequently find it difficult not to bust his balls. It's just a helluva lot of fun.

And once again, I suspect we'll have too much fun at the Hog hunt.

Steve

Bob has come through for me and my family in more ways that I can express. There is no shortage of admiration for the guy from this household.

That said, just like you, one cannot help but to take some shots at the lad! grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it rains then a pistol under the coat is the only way to go.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With Bob as the guide, it's a lock pick that your wife will get a pig.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh ain't that the troof!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175

I'm itchin' to try the Ruger Blackhawk 45LC 7 1/2" bbl that I bought off my brother...

I need to find a good chest holster for it...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A 629 is coming along with.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or with the AR buttoned up and blue taped smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everything from AR's to handguns, to big Bore DGR's and Sharps rifles plus a British Double gun. Quite an esoteric convergance of the riflemans art in attendance. Even more than one rifle with African Provenence and at least one with history on Dangerous game. Seeing and handling all of the firearm assemblage will be one of the highlights.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by safariman
Everything from AR's to handguns, to big Bore DGR's and Sharps rifles plus a British Double gun. Quite an esoteric convergance of the riflemans art in attendance. Even more than one rifle with African Provenence and at least one with history on Dangerous game. Seeing and handling all of the firearm assemblage will be one of the highlights.

X2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And a Colt Walker replica, a .480 Ruger, and a Les Baer.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And a big Frenchman in 577 Nitro and his German Bud in 500 Nitro. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[bleep] it I say we raid and pillage the closest town with all that fire power

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
... I say we raid and pillage the closest town with all that fire power

I suspect the locals are equally well-armed, and with shorter supply lines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
And a Colt Walker replica, a .480 Ruger, and a Les Baer.

Until it is sold (Gun show table fodder) I have a Ruger 480 that has had the "Alskan" package or treatment done to it by Magnaport including green cerrakote, barrel shortened to 4.75 inches, jeweling and polishing of the internals, trigger job and of course mag na poriting of the barrel ittself. A very interesting swqivleing flap style holster for it, too. I should bring it to the trade/swap meet.

I have always wanted to see and handle a Walker Replica!

My Delta Elite is maybe not quite up to a Les Baer primo gun, but it has been worked over and smoothed up by some good 'smiths. The trigger could not be brought down to as light a pull as one can with a 45 due to the somewhat more severe recoil of hot loaded 10mm cartridges. A smidge over 3lbs was the best two gunsmiths thought one could go, but it is pretty shootable and much better than when it came from momma at Colt. For sure, the gun is FAR better than I am capable of shooting!

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
gunner i am looking for a box of 500 nito. ken

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
PM me Ken, I can load ya a box, but they kinda high. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 81 of 169 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.