G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[bleep] it I say we raid and pillage the closest town with all that fire power

laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Walker I shot a couple weeks ago, and it shoots well enough to serve as a backup for the Hawken. The old historic charge of 60gr of powder won't fit in it, but you can get 50 grains in it, no problem smile

George NHK9 shot the .480 last year, and said, "that's awesome!". Bobby shot it and said, "owww $@!#%^$*%##!" grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[bleep] it I say we raid and pillage the closest town with all that fire power

don't forget to rape all the women to

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Seriously though, if it comes down to it, I'd be honored and grateful if you would do just that, pard. There aren't a lot of people that I'd trust but you'd be one of them...
==============

Thank you, Mark. It would be my pleasure to be her first.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Jesus...I forgot about the 28 days in February. We're 10 days out.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Gunner,

You guys are going to have a blast.

The mention of the Colt Walker made me think of this one. It's a Ruger Old Army, Dave Clements conversion to .50 cal., actually .488 cal.

I did the burl Rosewood handles and it's a keeper. It would be a nice hog gun.

Check out Dave's site for details.

http://www.clementscustomguns.com/rugeroldarmy.html

It was a good bit less expensive when I had that work done.

I'm not a big Gun Blast fan, but they did a fair write up on this gun and gave load details.

http://www.gunblast.com/Cumpston_ClementsFugett.htm

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/01/13.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm bringing a Sage 4 weight fly rod.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Doe Creek Lake - 3/1/2013

Doe Creek Lake is a reservoir located just 13.2 miles from Monterey, in White County, in the state of Tennessee, United States, near De Rossett, TN. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including largemouth bass, bluegill and crappie here. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to Doe Creek Lake. If all goes well, the largemouth will be hooked by your grasshoppers, the crappie will be biting your maggots and the bream will be grabbing your grubs.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm bringing a Sage 4 weight fly rod.

Would you be against teaching a guy how to cast a fly?

I've never been fly fishing before and never learned how to use one of those things...

Lots of time with a rod a reel, just never a fly rod and reel... blush

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sure, I'll bring along another 'more forgiving' model too. [bleep], I could about outfit everyone with their own...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome! I've always wanted to learn...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You'll have a good teacher, Mark.

I'm a bait and cast guy myself. Don't have the patience to fly fish. Can't even imagine trying to tie my own flies. My Shakespeare,worms and beer can holding ball cap caught me more than my fair share of trout on the Yellowstone. Yelling 'that's what I'm talking about,baby" to the Orvis, 5K rigged hoity toitys standing nearby, after reeling in a 6 pound cutthroat, was icing on the cake.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fly fishing seems pretty zen to me.

Scott's picture of the fly rig on the 99 always takes me away....

I have the 99, I just need to learn how to use a fly rod before I can experience all that that picture has to offer.

Ya know, as a fellow bait and caster, I'd be more likely to siphon off a sip or two from your ball cap than don a fly vest and gators....

Still, it's something that has always fascinated and intrigued me. I've just not been around anybody that has done it. I come from a long line of ugly sticks and rapela's. There is a smattering of panther martin's on my mom's side though...

Turdlike, by default.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RISJR
You'll have a good teacher, Mark.

I'm a bait and cast guy myself. Don't have the patience to fly fish. Can't even imagine trying to tie my own flies. My Shakespeare,worms and beer can holding ball cap caught me more than my fair share of trout on the Yellowstone. Yelling 'that's what I'm talking about,baby" to the Orvis, 5K rigged hoity toitys standing nearby, after reeling in a 6 pound cutthroat, was icing on the cake.

Starting to sound like we are kin...

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was told by my flycasting mentor that my casting technique largely reminded him of watching some one try to kill a water snake with a broom. I shall never grace the pages of "Grays" or any material put out by the folks at Orvis etc. Now trailer trash times? Yeah man, thems my PEEPS!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
laugh

She'll bring home the bacon, though I cannot account for your safety. She understands the three S's very well....

Seriously though, if it comes down to it, I'd be honored and grateful if you would do just that, pard. There aren't a lot of people that I'd trust but you'd be one of them...

you naive fool. you do know he is a attorney correct?

plus he'll need to hire me and george as guides and gun bearers

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchucker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
laugh

She'll bring home the bacon, though I cannot account for your safety. She understands the three S's very well....

you naive fool. you do know he is a attorney correct?

plus he'll need to hire me and george as guides and gun bearers

grinBob just MAY require ya to shoot a qual course wid Gunner's 577 Nitro before he hires ya to guide grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
This might be a good time to hang another pic of bobbie shooting one of those big guns!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
This might be a good time to hang another pic of bobbie shooting one of those big guns!

Bobbychucker aint gonna fire narian shoulder busters no moe grin, dats ok, his ole pappy will.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinI haveta admit that watchin' Bobbie shoot that 50 was both hilarious and sympathetic at the same time. Imagine feelin' bad for a guy at the same time yer laffin so hard yer blowing snot outta yer beak grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Page 82 of 169 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,291
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.