Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love shrapnel.

Never seen a wuff.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
HR IC

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by brymoore
TAK - you've been bitching about this gun for several years. You've had several offers to buy the gun from different guys on the board. You finally get off your ass to do something about it, and you [bleep] up by recrowning the barell, against warranty.

Sell the [bleep] gun to one of the offers on this thread and shut up about it.

Its a free country mofo, GFY. I do have a couple of offers for the rifle, if Kimber ever gets around to getting it returned to me. I did consider selling it but always considered that since Kimber sold be a POS bill of goods, THEY should have to replace the barrel. I was ASSURED by all the kimber ankle-grabbers here, that Kimber would make it right, all I had to do was send it back. Turns all they were all FOS.

And really, if you think recrowning a barrel with a Manson Tool is a valid reason to not replace a barrel, you are WAY too [bleep] ignorant to be offering firearms info to anyone. Of course, that never stopped many here.

Have a nice day mofo, and GFY.

All we ever wanted was just ONE picture you stupid tool.

LOL! You want a picture of his tool sick

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
TAK - you've been bitching about this gun for several years. You've had several offers to buy the gun from different guys on the board. You finally get off your ass to do something about it, and you [bleep] up by recrowning the barell, against warranty.

Its a free country mofo, GFY. I do have a couple of offers for the rifle, if Kimber ever gets around to getting it returned to me. I did consider selling it but always considered that since Kimber sold be a POS bill of goods, THEY should have to replace the barrel. I was ASSURED by all the kimber ankle-grabbers here, that Kimber would make it right, all I had to do was send it back. Turns all they were all FOS.

And really, if you think recrowning a barrel with a Manson Tool is a valid reason to not replace a barrel, you are WAY too [bleep] ignorant to be offering firearms info to anyone. Of course, that never stopped many here.

Nice.

You buy a rifle for $900 and then purchase a $600 tool to fix it? A rational man would have cut his losses and sold the rifle (after sending it back to Kimber for possible repair). You're now $1,500 into a rifle you hate. Genius.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have access to a Manson Crowning Tool at work, genius. Didn't cost me a cent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have access to a Manson Crowning Tool at work, genius. Didn't cost me a cent.

Ummmm, yes it did.

Using it, foolishly I might add before giving Kimber the chance to make things right, cost you a new barrel from Kimber.

That is of course if you actually own the elusive floorplated Montana.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agreed.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 40O
Originally Posted by bearstalker

All we ever wanted was just ONE picture you stupid tool.

LOL! You want a picture of his tool sick

Read it again. Regardless, I think we know what is on your mind!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Been reading a lot about Kimbers here for quite a while. I took the plunge back in December and got a Montana in 30.06. I was a little worried but that didn't last, factory ammo I get about 1 1/2" groups for 3 shots. I know there is more to be had from this gun.......glad I bought it.

Seems to me that Kimber is getting things right now!!!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What would winter be without a Kimber Bitch thread.

A thread usually pops up every few months!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TAK, as I have said elsewhere, I would love to have a 6.5x57, and I think your POS Kimber would be a great candidate for a rebarrel! PM me when you are interested in selling it....

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
SAsmoker has dibs but if he backs out for some reason I'll PM. It has to get back to me from Kimber first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The question is what is their normal practice for a new gun that hasn't been altered.I have heard of several barrels replaced.I would like to hear of customers being turned down for warranty work on unaltered new guns before I condemn them completly.

I have heard of enough problems with accuracy that it appears they do have a CQ problem.I have also heard this of all era and model Kimber guns in general.

I bought this one at the following link.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...mber_84L_Montana_25_06_950_s#Post6170604

Kimber replaced the barrel and stock and returned it with 2 good groups on a test target with 2 different weight bullets. I'd say their customer service is great versus TAK's, AKA gripy-assed-only-wants-to-bitch-and-can't-produce-any-pics-of-his-alleged-POS-Kimber-old-man, claim that Kimber's customer service sucks. I tend to rely on hard evidence versus heresay. If he can't even work a camera, he damn sure can't operate a high-class rifle.

And I tried to buy his Montana and was given a price $100 higher than he had offered to sell it to somebody else.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 257heaven
If he can't even work a camera, he damn sure can't operate a high-class rifle.

And I tried to buy his Montana and was given a price $100 higher than he had offered to sell it to somebody else.

Well, its a free market, and prices go up and down. As for my ability/inability to pull a trigger, I have a plaque with my name on it that says:

SOTI 3-87 (Special Operations Target Interdiction Course) Distinguished Honor Graduate

And you don't have one.

Next time you're at Ft Bragg you can swing by Range 37 (the real one, on post) and take that class number and see what my name is, along with a hundred or so other Rangers, SF Troopers, and CAG guys who've managed to get their name on the wall there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Honestly, I don't doubt his experience with their CS. Just like any company, some days are good and some days are bad. I'm 1 for 2 with their CS. One was really good and one was really bad.

The difference -- we all hear about the bad experiences and the good experiences are less likely to be called out. Good is expected and the bad just pizzes us off more...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So how long have they had this rifle in their posession?

What does it mean when the primers fall out of the case?
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Suicycle
So how long have they had this rifle in their posession?

Over three weeks, and I still don't have a shipping notification.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The question is what is their normal practice for a new gun that hasn't been altered.I have heard of several barrels replaced.I would like to hear of customers being turned down for warranty work on unaltered new guns before I condemn them completly.

I have heard of enough problems with accuracy that it appears they do have a CQ problem.I have also heard this of all era and model Kimber guns in general.

I bought this one at the following link.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...mber_84L_Montana_25_06_950_s#Post6170604

Kimber replaced the barrel and stock and returned it with 2 good groups on a test target with 2 different weight bullets. I'd say their customer service is great versus TAK's, AKA gripy-assed-only-wants-to-bitch-and-can't-produce-any-pics-of-his-alleged-POS-Kimber-old-man, claim that Kimber's customer service sucks. I tend to rely on hard evidence versus heresay. If he can't even work a camera, he damn sure can't operate a high-class rifle.

How did she shoot for you? Kind of wish I would of kept her now, but I was already a month into a Nula .25-06! To many rifles and not enough time, lol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he can't even work a camera, he damn sure can't operate a high-class rifle.

SOTI 3-87 (Special Operations Target Interdiction Course) Distinguished Honor Graduate

Thanks for your service.

Whoopdeedo as far as the shooting and I'm not going to ask what was done or not done to the rifle by yourself prior to the recrowning. A whole host of issues needs to be addressed with any new or used rifle. Fail to do them and you'll end up chasing your tail. Round and round and round...............

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I know they are a differently owned group, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Oregon days with that brand.

I do have one of their 1911s that I picked up at a pawn shop for just about $400, +/- a few, that works fine after some trigger work. Trigger was horrible. Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Great to see this thread still going strong.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.