Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#7501992 03/01/13
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Who has an objective opinion on this $400 Turkish made 1911s? I like the looks, and think it wold make an ideal automobile defense weapon. Wouldn't worry about it being stolen, or confiscated by the brown shirts in anti-gunowner states.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S53mCsG1kZ4[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know how objective I can be since I've never seen one in person. But I was sorely tempted to hit "buy now" last Saturday after looking at the video Friday night.

Here's what I posted last week:"I was really teetering on the edge this morning about hitting Buy Now on one of those Tisas pistols. These days when "good basic pistols" like the Ruger 1911 run $700, $399 isn't a lot of money, i.e., it isn't a lot of risk to get what may be a great no frills 1911A1."

Posted in the "SHTF pistols" thread the same idea as yours as well. Get a couple of them, keep them in places you're most likely to be when the S H's the F and if you lose one, oh well.

I'd need to see one in person to really make up my mind, the Bud's guy gives a good spiel but I don't know how much is sales pitch and how much is his actual feelings. But read the customer reviews, there're about a 100 of them and folks seem to really like these things.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I probably should have struck the word "objective." ha ha Just looking for opinions. I almost hit buy now as well, but decide to run this idea past the handgun fire.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The audio isn't working on my laptop for some reason today - so I don't know what he said about it (aside: I really dislike youtube videos that consist mostly of talking head footage, and they tend to make me distrustful).

So - for the price - why is this gun better than the known quantity of the RIA? Also - I can never understand why anyone would think it's a good idea to make a gun with a stainless, HC, or NP slide over a blue/black frame. What's up with that?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
late to the party but I'm picking up on of these from Bud's on Wednesday.

Fit and finish seemed pretty good and was pretty much a Springfield knockoff.

I may regret it but this isn't a gun that I'll be running thousands of rounds thru - its going to be a glove box/bookshelf gun.

$379 in this market is pretty hard to beat.

What convinced me was a few threads I read on other boards where everyone was comparing it to the RIA and the people that actually shot it - not the "why buy a cheap gun" crowd who never saw it before - said it was as good as the RIA.

The guy at Bud's said they have sold over a thousand of them and nobody has come back with complaints. I'm thinking this might be one of those guns you buy for $400 now and 2 years from now its selling for $600

Last edited by KFWA; 03/25/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.