and you won't see it again.

im just a boney skinny guy that can eat

FJB
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinI haveta admit that watchin' Bobbie shoot that 50 was both hilarious and sympathetic at the same time. Imagine feelin' bad for a guy at the same time yer laffin so hard yer blowing snot outta yer beak grin

IIRC ...

Rockchucker: "Hey, there's no recoil pad on this."

Gunner: "You're a man, ain't you?"

Rockchuker on ground: not saying too much.

grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i took it.

boy did i ever take it.

i'll shoot vit again just to redeem myself

FJB
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You guys are funny. lol

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tomorrow I'll shoot some 500's in the High Wall. This will be interesting...

I think I'll bring the .45-70 #1. It's not shooting black powder... smile

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 03/02/13.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tjm10025
grinI haveta admit that watchin' Bobbie shoot that 50 was both hilarious and sympathetic at the same time. Imagine feelin' bad for a guy at the same time yer laffin so hard yer blowing snot outta yer beak grin

IIRC ...

Rockchucker: "Hey, there's no recoil pad on this."

Gunner: "You're a man, ain't you?"

Rockchuker on ground: not saying too much.

grin

The moral of that story is if Gunner asks you "You're a man, ain't you?", the correct answer is "Maybe?". whistle

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And later in the day, Doc grabs his shoulder in a vise grip, and says, "any broken bones?" and Bobby's eyes get kinda big grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGunner just [bleep] hisself grin He wuz shootin' paperpatched slugs outta his Sharps 45/70 grin So the REAL addiction is about ta start! When he kills the schit outta a hog wid one he is on the DARKSIDE forever grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could totally dig a SxS in 45/120 or 50/140 3 1/4 with three leaf sights on the rib, properly regulated. Add in a set of matching 20GA barrles and a set up like that MIGHT make me think about selling my Karnis, Ed LaPour and Jim Rector modified/ tweaked semi famous 416 Rigby. Such a rifle in 9.3x74R / 20GA would also make me swoon and think hard about parting with my beloved, and proven deadly, Rigby.

On the topic of black powder torture....One of my Cap Buff clients years ago had a custom .54 cal SxS front stuffer built for his cape buffalo hunt. He had it twisted and regulated to shoot with 54 caliber SEVEN HUNDRED grain flat nosed HARD cast conicals backed by a full 250gr of 3F! The idea was to point said torture stick at a mostly unsuspecting buff, pull one trigger, and after the considerable smoke cleared see who could stand up again first for the second go round - if either could get thier legs back under them after the blow to both combatants! My client is still alive to tell the story and the buff ain't, so that made him the winner of the bout, but only by the barest of margins and on points smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
got some help today. so maybe i will get the knifes done.i am in need of some good flint, chert. obsidian.anything i can make some arrowheads out of. ken

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hoghunter4
got some help today. so maybe i will get the knifes done.i am in need of some good flint, chert. obsidian.anything i can make some arrowheads out of. ken

actually ive got a couple of chunks of obsidian around here somewhere....believe besides standard black ive got snowflake and mahogany....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
[Linked Image]

Just getting back on an actual computer having just got home after a week in Fla. visiting.

Ken, that, IMHO, is an outstanding knife!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The moral of that story is if Gunner asks you "You're a man, ain't you?", the correct answer is "Maybe?".

I believe I'll take the "just walk away" option......

That said, I'll fire damn near anything once. I'm a little concerned about messing around with the large-bore AR as it might start another itch.

Scott, if you're willing to put up with a damnyankee I'd likely stand in with HAJ for a learner.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

actually ive got a couple of chunks of obsidian around here somewhere....believe besides standard black ive got snowflake and mahogany....

found a black chunk......since the snowflake and mahogany chunks werent with it im thinking they might be up in the front corner of the garage and im not sure i can get to them before Thursday when i head to Mark's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
think you k9. looks like i am going to have some good looking knives. thare to sale are trade. k9 i will have a 450 bushmaster with me an a 223 , 6.5 grendel. you can us one of them if you like too.if thare is some thing you would like to shoot. just ask i my have it. got a knife done today that i just may keep it. ken

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
i can get them after the hunt. just running low on some of the rock. i will get some flint on the hunt its all gray thare. would anyone like me to show them how to make arrowheads. ken

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll have a fist sized piece of Obsidian you're welcome to, it's just sitting on my bathroom counter at the moment.

I'll bring some extra ammo for the AR-10, and folks are welcome to shoot it, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i can get them after the hunt. just running low on some of the rock. i will get some flint on the hunt its all gray thare. would anyone like me to show them how to make arrowheads. ken

I'd like to see how it's done.
When I was a kid I dug one up while "playing war".
Foolishly, I traded it away long ago.

Page 83 of 169 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,404
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.