Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 169 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 168 169
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Scott,

I'm so ashamed!

But it is not nice to make fun of lefties. Our feelers are easily hurt, and you know how sensitive I am.

God bless, and there will be some Sierra Nevada IPA Torpedo and Ruthless waiting for you.

Steve

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Guessing Friday night is group hug night..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There will be so many feelings hurt on Wednesday and Thursday night, that Friday night will be for grudge matches.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well sheeeet....

I'm originally from yankeeland and I shoot lefty....

We just may have to settle this like proper gentlemen on the field of valor.... and have a fart lighting competition....

yeah, wifey is coming with murderous intent on an unsuspectin' oinker...

I don't know if any other lady types will be there or not. She's an Army brat so you boys won't phase her none.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
There will be so many feelings hurt on Wednesday and Thursday night, that Friday night will be for grudge matches.

Perfect timing! That's when we get there...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well that means you will make a great referee. Bring a striped shirt.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
tide and gunner vs. me, george, and donnie in a tag team cage match winner take all.

Last edited by rockchucker; 03/03/13.

FJB
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Whoooooooooooooo!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
The prettiest way to display an ugly pig family creature like a Russion Boar or Warthog (And I have both shoulder mounted but displayed only in my gun room) is a shadow box displaying the tusks. If the bullet is recovered, that can be placed in the shadow box as well but if you are using a Barnes TTSX you ain't likely to be findin no boo-leet. As part of a two phase display, a custom shadow box could be built of nice Walnut or a wood of your choosing that matches the wood colors of your home living room, with a built in picture frame right below the tusk and bullet shadow box for a nice glossy photo of your sweetheart with her trophy. Then, have the hide tanned and have a purse or cowboy boots made from them. My wife has motorcycle boots made from Cape Buffalo and Warthog hide that I gave to a bootmaker.

Man, that's some potential there! Thank you, sir!

Turdlike, by default.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Guessing Friday night is group hug night..

==============

Don't you even dare touch me, boy!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
can i touch u bob smile

FJB
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Not like last time...

By the way, how many 10 mags are going on this hunt now?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchucker
tide and gunner vs. me, george, and donnie in a tag team cage match winner take all.

winner take all...of what?

I can be the sneaky manager who hides in the corner, and trips the good guy at an opportune moment. If I can figure out who the good guy is, of course...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
Not like last time...

By the way, how many 10 mags are going on this hunt now?

"10 mags" ???

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I know what my lock is going to be.

William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I can be the sneaky manager who hides in the corner, and trips the good guy at an opportune moment. If I can figure out who the good guy is, of course...

Rest assured, I'm a bad guy.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

LMAO, in honor of the boar hunt, I'm grilling wild boar chops and venison burgers, cee-gar and ice cold longneck Bud Black Crown already on scene. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Rest assured, I'm a bad guy.

Me too, just trip the skinny white boys Tex. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
So...I need as few idea's...

This will be my wife's first game taken, and I want to put together something as a keep sake for her. Although she is more than comfortable hanging out with the guys, her decorative tastes are that of a woman's. Boars aren't the cutest of critters so hanging a shoulder mount over our headboard for her to wake up to, probably wouldn't be so well received.

I was thinking of a European mount of the full skull, but was wondering if you guys have seen anything else done with maybe just the tusks or something?

I don't know, I'm open to idea's...

Also, I can't remember who it was, but a year ago or so, I saw somebody in the Africa forum that had been fortunate enough to recover the bullet from a Zebra his daughter killed, and he made a beautiful necklace charm out of it, with the case. If anyone remembers who that is, I'd like to PM him to see if he could share how he had that made...

alot of Aussie's just keep the bottom jaw and top tusks, which is what im thinking bout doing and getting the bottom jaw bronzed, keeping the teeth white and putting them all on a plaque with a pic....

dont have a hell of a lot for trade though if anyone has a hunting book the have been looking for and cant find, i may have it in my library.....should it be a volume im not interested in parting with i have been known to loan them out for members.....do have a few JOC books im interested in parting with....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mark...if you get a pig that has a majority of Razorback in it's blood and it shows on it's shoulders and mane, I'd do the shoulder mount. The taxidermist can fix whatever tusk deformities that might exist.

Their ugliness is part of the appeal in regards a mount and a Razorback Euro mount won't really do it a proper service,imo.

Last edited by RISJR; 03/03/13.

William Arthur Ward

Page 86 of 169 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,879
Posts18,497,751
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.