Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone have any inside info as to what the Colorado Senate will do?

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope. I don't hang with Commies.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The swing vote on the most important bills is Angela Giron from Pueblo.
Giron is VERY liberal - one of the main sponsors of giving illegal aliens in-state tuition rates.
On the other hand her district, while Democratic, is the kind of conservative Democrats. Union, rural, gun owners, etc.
3 democratic house members from this area voted against these gun bills thus turning up the heat.
Giron wants to cozy up to the influence in Denver but will have some problems here at home if she does.
Yesterday she cancelled a town hall meeting with dozens of gun control opponents waiting outside.

Too close to call for me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Giron is VERY liberal - one of the main sponsors of giving illegal aliens in-state tuition rates.
On the other hand her district, while Democratic, is the kind of conservative Democrats. Union, rural, gun owners, etc.
3 democratic house members from this area voted against these gun bills thus turning up the heat.
Giron wants to cozy up to the influence in Denver but will have some problems here at home if she does.
Yesterday she cancelled a town hall meeting with dozens of gun control opponents waiting outside.

No offense but I would say its a one deal. Especially if she canceled an event like that

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Basically the Front Range has the numbers. There have been several recall papers served to back stabbing flip floppers. The heat is on for sure, but I thought Romney might win too.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Alamosa

No offense but I would say its a one deal. Especially if she canceled an event like that

Certainly no offense taken.
I've considered the same thing.

Even when it is over it may not be over.

I recall rhe reaction after the Clinton gun control legislation.
Violent crime increased, 40 democratic house members lost their jobs, and Columbine linked him forever to the failed legislation.

NRA membership has increased by over 250,000 since Obama began this foolish initiative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what are the gun bills? or are they the same ones from a few weeks ago with the magazine capacity restrictions, no more FTF etc

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Latest notice I have received...

URGENT!!!! URGENT!!!! URGENT!!!

The Democrat leadership has changed the process for the gun hearings AGAIN. It appears they are now going to take testimony and vote on each bill one at a time. They are giving the opposition three minutes for each witness, for a total of 90 minutes, followed by the proponents being given their 90 minutes. Following the public testimony, the committee members will then debate/discuss each bill prior to the vote, and then proceed to the next bill. So, I would assume each bill will take a minimum of 3.5 to 4 hours each. To make matters worse, they have rearranged the order of bills on the calendar and have moved HB 1226, the concealed carry bill, to the very end of the State Affairs Committee calendar. Therefore, if we start at 10:30 and take four hours each on the first two bills, we would not get to the concealed carry bill, the most publically controversial bill the committee until 6:30PM. I believe the Democrats have purposely scheduled the calendar in this manner to ensure that the most powerful testimony of the day will not occur until it is too late for the afternoon news.

Needless to say I am getting just a little frustrated with the way the Democrat leadership is changing the rules of the game every 24 hours.

Please plan your day according:

IF each bill goes the full four hours, then the following is what calendar MIGHT look like. Obviously, IF any bill is heard for LESS than the allotted four hours, then the following times would change accordingly.

State Affairs Committee (Senate Committee RM 356, third floor of the Capitol)
*10:30-2:30
HB 1229 - Universal Background Checks
*2:30-6:30
HB 1228 - Background fees
*6:30-10:30
HB 1226 - Prohibiting Concealed Carry on college campus

Judiciary Committee (Old Supreme Court Chambers, second floor of the Capitol)
SB 197 - Prohibition of gun possession while under a restraining order
*2:30-6:30
HB 1224 - Limiting the size of magazines
*6:30-10:30
SB 196 - Assault Weapons ban
SB 195 - CCW training

Last edited by bcolorado; 03/03/13.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They will pass. The minds are already made up, the payoffs in. My feelings on talking to the clowns was that they were being polite (as I was), but would do the party line.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will be there as late as need be along with my folks too. As my mom put it, she may be in her 60's but she is fighting this to leave a Colorado suitable for her grandson. I love that woman!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poll results from the Pueblo Chieftain this morning.

31% support
69% oppose

the swing vote is from this district

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Alamosa; 03/04/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard Dudley Rown of RMGO on the radio this morning and he said they are a slam dunk to pass out of committee. The battle will be on the floor of the Senate and will likely come down to one vote.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Senator Giron's blog
Win or lose the next update should be revealing

http://senangelagiron.blogspot.com/

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My quick checks this morning was that ALL SEVEN gun control bills passed through the respective committees yesterday.

Last edited by RWE; 03/05/13.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Senate State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee passed a bill late Monday that bans concealed firearms from college campuses.

The measure, House Bill 1226, had already passed the House, where it became national news after a Democratic proponent talked about rape, whistles and call boxes in a statement he later admitted was clumsy.

Amid boos and groans, a Colorado Senate committee passed a measure Monday that bans ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds after hours of testimony from a barrage of experts, law enforcement officials and victims of mass shootings.

By late Monday, two Democrat-controlled Senate committees had passed all seven bills regarding stricter gun control.

Last edited by RWE; 03/05/13.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Where's all the little [bleep] around here that always claim there is no difference between the parties?

Despite protests, 6 of 7 Democratic gun control bills clear Colo. Senate committees

DENVER � Democrats have now passed the first six of seven gun control measures being heard at the Capitol Monday, on a marathon day of Senate hearings that brought hundreds of people to the Capitol � all of them on party-line votes with Democrats in support and Republicans opposed.

Just after 9 p.m., lawmakers on the Senate Judiciary Committee approved a controversial proposal that would make assault weapons manufacturers and retailers liable for crimes.

�No one needs an assault rifle,� said the sponsor, Senate President John Morse, D-Colorado Springs. �Society pays the price when one of these weapons falls into the wrong hands.

http://kdvr.com/2013/03/04/gun-hearings-bring-huge-crowds-to-capitol/

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Where are the Dimocrap liars who say their commie buds aren't out for our guns.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
From what I've heard , you would have to go through background check even if you sell locally ....FTF in Colorado. You would also be held Liable if you Sold to someone who later commits a Crime thereby forcing you to acquire some type of Insurance covering this possibility . Looks like the Gun Ban philosophy is to make it extremely costly to obtain any Firearms ....the same as the NY attempt to limit ownership .

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep, and the shotgun you have, if it isn't a double barrel may be outlawed under the mag ban. I've got an AR I can keep, but its starting to look like the SBE II I have is going to be againest the law.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
Where are the Dimocrap liars who say their commie buds aren't out for our guns.

They ain't going to ban NSAQAM's bolt guns are they?

Maybe he can come on here again and tell us Progressive Dems are gun owners' friend's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,550
Posts18,491,699
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.