Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
The mailman just delivered a certified letter stating my package to (campfire member name deleted) is in the Santa Clarita CA sorting center due it leaking, I called their number explained it was a leather holster so it isn't leaking then they decided someones package must of leaked on it...

NOW they are giving a run around saying they now consider it hazmat and can not forward or return it and I have to drive 60 miles to retrieve it!!!

Waiting on a return call from a supervisor that doesn't come it till 5 PM, this should be good!!!

BTW this package was mailed priority mail on Feb 11th and it took this long for them to contact me saying they are backed up from Christmas...this is March!

Ted
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a small priority box coming to me one time and it popped a corner and a few 150gr bullets (not ammo) spilled out. It finally showed up at the PO here. The idiot-phkn' postmaster made a huge scene about how explosive live ammo was and that I'm lucky that I wasn't in deep chit.

**********CAN'T FIX STUPID**********

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wonder if their mother's had any kids that lived! However, UPS has been a thorn in my butt lately. They seem to be taking lessons from USPS! They do set new standards for ineptness and stupidity daily.

"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
-Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
May the USPS fall further toward bankruptcy, and just fold up their tent, oh please....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And this has what to do with the classifieds?

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And let me tell you the story where I mailed a USPS money order to a member on CF24. Well, the clerk decides he needs the money more than member here. I busted him and he was caught doing it to other customers in tune of $5,000 or more. After having to buy another money order to buy the gun and waiting for several months, the guy (clerk) pays me back, goes to court and gets slapped on wrist with one year probation, that's why the state Atty didn't want to prosecute. After all of that, local new station did a story on it, never got an apology or any cooperation from USPS. For all I know, the guy probably sill has his job back, so word to wise. Follow up and stay notified if you mail anything thru Postal Service. If you'd like more info, will be glad to share as much as you wanna hear. Thanks RC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf
And this has what to do with the classifieds?

If you actually typed that question with a straight face, read Creek's posting and think about why this thread is relevant to this forum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And it's not always the post office's fault...
I just went through a bad deal here (my first) due to a guy sending something half-@Ssed. Nothing nefarious with the seller, he's an okay guy; it was lost due to the label being torn or defaced off.
Guys, the best thing a seller can do when sending an item is WRITE THE BUYER/SELLER's NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE BOX IN MARKER.
Yeah, caps for emphasis.

A box would have to be literally destroyed to not display a large, marker-written address.
A cheesey label can blow off in the wind.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by broomd

Guys, the best thing a seller can do when sending an item is WRITE THE BUYER/SELLER's NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE BOX IN MARKER.

It's also a good idea to put a separate sheet of paper inside the package with the "TO" and "FROM" info printed on it.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I can understand their concern if something hazardous leaked on it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still waiting on a box that delivered Monday the 25th according to the tracking info. PO told me there's nothing they can do, and the carrier doesn't remember if he delivered it or not. The house was occupied when the supposed delivery took place. [bleep]. I won't use them.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least the postmans salary, medical and retirement are paid in full by the taxpayer. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The bottom line to much of the USPS problems are the unions that protect them. My inside sources tell me stories that just make you wonder how anything gets delivered. This happening while they are down from 51M pieces in 2007 to 25M in 2012.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Funny story recently, cashing a postal money order from a deal I did here. I handed the money order (I think it was around $50) to the guy at the counter and asked if he could cash it. He said sure- ran it through his machine, printed whatever they need to in order to deposit it on the back, handed me the $50 and the money order back. I thought, hmmm... that's new... Oh well!

I went home and about 7:00PM I get a knock on the door. It's the postal worker from the counter, just about pleading with me if I still have the money order and can I please give it back to him. Turns out they deposit that money order as a bank would and he was going to have to pay $50 out of his own pocket to cover the difference. Luckily for him I still had it but man- what a strange occurance!

-John

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought some brass from a member in Colorado, he shipped it on 1/13 priority mail. It arrived a month later. Priority.... smile

Golden............
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Heavens yes, it has to be those rascully unions. We all know it couldn't possibly be the highly overpaid and totally inept management.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I sold something to a guy here who paid me with a usps money order. Went to the bank to cash it and the idiot said it was counterfeit. I didn't see anything wrong with it so the next morning I went back to the post office and asked for the manager. He comes out, looks at the M.O., holds it under some special light and says its fine. I asked why the other guy thought it was counterfeit and his resonse.... "he guy just didn't want to walk to the back and get more money for his register". That was my last experiance with them

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[quote=guy57]Heavens yes, it has to be those rascully unions. We all know it couldn't possibly be the highly overpaid and totally inept management. [/quote
That is the real truth of the matter and the real management of the Postal Service is the congress of the United States. They are mandated to deliver everywhere and do it six days a week. When you can't control your schedule and and have to fly a small plane to a remote lake to deliver a few pieces of mail to a couple of houses it's hard to break even. For years the post office has tried to cut back to a 5 day week and stop delivering to remote tiny communities off the road grid but Congress will not let them.
As for a package with a hazmat spill on it they can't forward it and must dispose of it as hazardous waste. That is DOT and EPA law that they must comply with.
I have gotten very good service from the postal service recently and had to stop using UPS as they destroyed half of the packages I sent the last half of last year.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A member here sent me a 350 dollar USPS Money Order over 2 months ago. It was lost in the mail, and we both RAISED HELL trying to track it down... Finally, him being an upstanding guy, he just PayPaled me the money as he had received the scope I sent him a few days after I sent it, and he would have to wait 60 days for the "lost" MO to be dealt with.

Lo and behold, the MO shows up at my Post Office YESTERDAY. WTF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We got a box delivered to our house just before Christmas, it was a Hewlett-Packard box with my name and address on it, delivered by UPS. I brought it inside and put it in the room off the foyer with all the other stuff that was being delivered for Christmas and forgot about it. I just figured it was something my wife ordered for one of the kids. Last week I walked into the room and saw the box so I asked my wife what it was. She had no idea. So I opened it, it was an HP laptop. Now I gotta figure out who to return it to........

NRA Endowment Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.