Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I once went to a halloween party and a guy that I knew was wearing a garbage bag. I asked him what he was supposed to be and he replied "white trash".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

No kidding!? We drove through there on the way out. We've got some friends in there who'll be selling their place soon and there's one empty lot I called about. I'd rather a place the boys could raise some hogs and what not for 4H, but we'll see.

I'd sure like to be closer to Best of the West...

We really like the neighborhood. A good buddy of mine from work actually just bought the first house in the neighborhood there. They moved in a month or so ago.

I know there was some drainage issue with some of the lots that has caused some of the neighbors to bicker, but we're up the hill from that and we don't have any problems. We enjoy most of our neighbors, but need more of them like you guys in there!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If your neighbors are so close you can see what's in their yard without binoculars you ain't really in the country. Suburb dwelling city folks who think they're in the country crack me up.

You must have better white trash. Even in places where everyone lives in 20-500 acres like where I recently moved from the white trash park a trailer 20 feet from the gate/road because they don't want to pay the electric company to run the power out to the house when they charge by the foot. They will even turn the trailer around backwards so that the end with the box is toward the pole coming off the road.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Even if I can't see it from my house I don't want to drive by it every day.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Or when I want to sale my place have every potential buyer for my nice place drive by it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Earl Campbell was from Tyler, but he moved to Plano.
guess that makes him a Plano........

stop it, Roger. I just anointed the key board thinking about Bart's line at the dove shoot.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
We dont get much WT around here.

How does white trash tend to vote, if you had to stereotype them as a group?

For the white guy.

In Texas, if more than one person you know has ever been to prison, you are white trash. It's not something we expect folks from "the City" to understand.

Does that apply to Wyoming? Cause if it does I am white trash wink better go build some yard art.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DocRocket

In Texas, if more than one person you know has ever been to prison, you are white trash. It's not something we expect folks from "the City" to understand.

This.

well, that covers me.

I thought you had to be related to somebody who'd been, but either way I make the cut with a few to spare.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Earl Campbell was from Tyler, but he moved to Plano.
guess that makes him a Plano........

stop it, Roger. I just anointed the key board thinking about Bart's line at the dove shoot.

I thought Pat was the one that brought up that particular demographic that is just north of Dallas. wink

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I thought Pat was the one that brought up that particular demographic
===============

He may have but Chris, who has now made it famous in northern Va, attributes it entirely to you.

Don't you be getting all PC on us now!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
I thought Pat was the one that brought up that particular demographic
===============

He may have but Chris, who has now made it famous in northern Va, attributes it entirely to you.

Don't you be getting all PC on us now!

I'm not...
I think it's hilarious that only about five people know what we are talking about.
And... I'll take the blame for the "now famous line in Northern Virginia".

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Why is Bart picking on the beautiful metropolis of Gatesville...that's where I live. If you don't like beautiful scenery just stay out! If you happen to have a 1979 Scottsdale 4 toned Chevy w/glass packs and a don't RENIG in 2012 sticker on the back window...you'll fit right in here. Alot of the vehicles, yards, and houses are works of art. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 03/07/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not picking on Gatesville powdr. It's the place where Texas has the death row for chicks.
How cool is that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If your neighbors are so close you can see what's in their yard without binoculars you ain't really in the country. Suburb dwelling city folks who think they're in the country crack me up.

If you can see your neighbor's house with binoculars you ain't out in the country.

(We live in town)

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/07/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'm not picking on Gatesville powdr. It's the place where Texas has the death row for chicks.
How cool is that?

God bless Texas.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by powdr
Why is Bart picking on the beautiful metropolis of Gatesville...that's where I live. If you don't like beautiful scenery just stay out! If you happen to have a 1979 Scottsdale 4 toned Chevy w/glass packs and a don't RENIG in 2012 sticker on the back window...you'll fit right in here. Alot of the vehicles, yards, and houses are works of art. powdr

Ya why the hatin' on G'ville, I grew up around these parts. TDC is a family business here... wink Don't everyone have a pickup with glass packs?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y'all got me interested in looking to retire there now...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice place, I like it anyway.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Texans are unusual.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can live in a gated community, with lots of rules, or live in a rural area where people do what they want. I just ask people to have some self-respect. Art is fine with me. Trash is not so good.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,828
Posts18,496,595
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.