Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
If you live within 200 miles plan on being here. Take a PH day and stand up for your rights.

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is gonna get real!!!!!!!!!!!

DENVER � Interested people across Colorado and around the country will be focused on the state Senate Friday, when lawmakers are set to debate seven Democratic gun control proposals, four of which have already passed the House.
A word of advice: get comfortable.
Senate Republicans are planning a Rand Paul-esque filibuster on the legislation that could push the floor debate on the seven bills, which begins Friday at 9 a.m., into Saturday and possibly even Sunday.
It�s a high-stakes battle for many individual lawmakers, facing intense pressure from constituents in divided districts, and for advocates on both sides of this national debate over guns.
What happens in Colorado, a western, politically moderate state that�s been affected by two major mass shootings at Columbine in 1999 and in Aurora last July, has the potential to re-shape the national narrative about whether the country is ready for tighter gun control laws in the aftermath of the Newtown, Conn. shooting.
Ultimately, whenever the final Senate votes are taken, it�s likely that anywhere between four and seven measures are approved.
There are 20 Democrats in the 35-member state Senate. With 18 votes needed to pass any bill, no votes from just three Democratic senators would kill any of these bills.
Right now, two Democrats are planning to vote against three of them.
Sen. Cheri Jahn, D-Wheat Ridge, and Sen. Lois Tochtrop, D-Thornton, both oppose House Bill 1224, a ban on high-capacity magazines; House Bill 1226, a ban on concealed weapons on college campuses; and Senate Bill 196, a proposal to make assault weapons manufacturers and retailers liable for any crimes.
So which Democratic lawmaker could cast that third and decisive no vote?
Sen. Andy Kerr, D-Lakewood, has yet to commit to any bill other than House Bill 1229, which mandates universal background checks on all gun sales.
Kerr, who has a tough reelection fight in a competitive district next year, is being lobbied hard by both sides.
Sen. Linda Newell, D-Littleton, is also uncommitted.
During a press conference Thursday, Senate President John Morse, who is sponsoring the assault weapons liability measure, told reporters he expects the Senate will pass �a comprehensive package� of gun control bills, but stopped short of guaranteeing that all seven measures will get through.
Thursday afternoon, the Denver Post editorial board published an editorial in support of five of the seven bills: House Bill 1226, the concealed weapons campus ban, and Morse�s Assault Weapons Responsibility Act, which, the Post writes, �flies in the face of logic and federal law.
�It�s a convoluted effort to skirt a federal ban on lawsuits against gun makers and sellers.�

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Game On..!

Best of luck to CO.!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To doubledown on that hand takes some stones.

Where is there place to park up there?

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I park at a lot at logan and Colfax by the Cathedral $6.oo.

Or park at the englewood lightrail at Hampden and sante fe and take the light rail in to the 16th st mall and take the free shuttle down 16th to within a block of the capitol.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Good Luck guys.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
email today from senator Greg Brophy

Dear Greg

They did it. After listening to hours upon hours of testimony against the upcoming gun control bills, the democrats on the Colorado Senate Committees passed a slate of seven anti-gun bills. The full Senate will vote on these bills tomorrow. House Bills 1224, 1226, 1228, and 1229 and Senate Bills 195, 196, and 197, if passed, will severely restrict access to firearms, impose unjust burdens on responsible gun owners, and make Colorado a more dangerous place to live. Many of the senate democrats aren't listening to their constituents and are completely ignoring the bills� disastrous unintended consequences.

I strongly encourage you to come to the capitol tomorrow and make your voices heard. The turnout on Monday was very encouraging; the capitol was completely packed with Second Amendment supporters and we could hear the car horns blaring outside all day long. You can no longer testify on the bills, but coming to the capitol tomorrow will still make a difference. Each senator should be made to look every one of you in the eyes before they vote on these bills.

If you can�t make it to the capitol, you can watch a live broadcast of the proceedings at http://www.coloradochannel.net/live-broadcast.

Contact your state senator immediately and tell them to vote �no� on these bills. You can find your local legislators here: http://votesmart.org/. Your legislators� contact information can be found at http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLICS2013A/csl.nsf/Directory?openFrameset for the House and http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLICS2013A/csl.nsf/DirectorySen?openframeset for the Senate. In addition to voicing your opinions, you should remind your legislators that you won�t forget their votes on these bills during the 2014 election. Remember that we�re trying to convince these senators not to vote on these bills, so please be polite and concise.

The bad news is that the majority party supports these bills. The good news is that not all senate democrats are completely behind the gun bills. Below is a list of democrat legislators the Denver Post has stated could be swayed to vote �no�:

Angela Giron
303-866-4878
angela.giron.senatestate.co.us

Cheri Jahn
303-866-4856
cheri.jahn.senatestate.co.us

Andy Kerr
303-866-4859
andy.kerr.senatestate.co.us

Gail Schwartz (from a rural district-her constituents probably do not support gun control)
303-866-4871
gail.schwartz.senatestate.co.us

Linda Newell
303-866-4846
linda.newell.senategmail.com

We need only three votes to shoot the bills down.
Don�t get discouraged. We�ve already made waves so large they�re impossible for the gun grabbers to ignore. Let�s remind these legislators that they were not elected to advance a political ideology; they were elected to represent their constituents.

Sincerely,
Senator Greg Brophy

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Glad to hear it. If CO falls nobody can say they didn't go down swinging.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good luck guys, give em hell!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The very best of wishes from WI... Y'all GO!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cbass
Glad to hear it. If CO falls nobody can say they didn't go down swinging.

If Co falls ....they'll be trying it everywhere else soon! We'll take all the out of state help we can get:

Mail
John W Hickenlooper, Governor
136 State Capitol
Denver, CO 80203-1792

Phone
(303) 866-2471

Fax
(303) 866-2003 .....fax likely most effective.

THX!

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Good luck from NY guys....wish I could be there with you, but we're a little busy here.... you know?

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Clinging to my guns and religion I am shortly headed out to the Capitol in defense of our rights.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Clinging to my guns and religion I am shortly headed out to the Capitol in defense of our rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers sent

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Senate is [b][color:#3333FF]Live..![/color][/b]

How's it going at the capital..?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I cannot even get my hopes up. I have sent countless letters with only one response. Democrats are evil...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are they getting ready to take up the gun bills. They just warned the gallery not to get rowdy...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I cannot even get my hopes up. I have sent countless letters with only one response. Democrats are evil...

and unfortunately some hide in Republican clothing.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not optimistic for you given urban rule and media bias, but best of luck. Until these issues make it to the supreme court we will be in extremely unsettled times.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/08/13.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
just emailed....to the email addresses listed above

I don't live in your state but my wife & I spend quite a bit of money there shopping, on entertainment and traveling through. Rest assured if you pass the anti 2nd Amendment bills you currently have in the Senate we will not spend another cent there. I have enough fuel capacity to drive entirely through your state and fill up in New Mexico, thereby using your roads and restrooms free of charge for you to maintain. We are not the only ones who will do this. I think the economic impact will surprise you.

I think State Sen. Evie Hudak's comments to the young lady who was raped and Senator Jeanne Nicholson's treatment of a crowd gathered to discuss legislation with her are reprehensible at best. You need to remind your fellow legislators you are all are public servants, you do not rule.

It appears to me that all of the legislators in Colorado need to obtain a copy of the United States Constitution and read it until you actually understand it.

Some of you are bringing the ruination of a once great state.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.