Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I had occassion yesterday while I was out chasing 22 rimfire ammo to come across an item at a country co-op store which had a small sport counter/shop in it.
There on the peg board wall were some 50 round magazines for Ruger 10/22's and "Chargers"!
I had not seen these advertised or in any of the sport shops I had been to in the last month (including those in Nevada, Idaho, Washington and Montana).
These magazines are made by Ruger and are a "side by side" style of manufacture with each side capable of holding 25 rounds then the magazine is flipped over and another 25 rounds are available.
I was kind of impressed with them and in fact purchased 6 of them.
I don't really care for "hang down" magazines in my Colony Varmint Hunting uses but these well made magazines may have other uses as well for me and rimfire shooters in the uncertain future.
The large bubble pack the magazines come in advertise the magazines as having stainless steel lips, stainless steel constant force springs, having anti-tilt followers, easily disassembled for cleaning by removing four stainless steel screws and each magazine comes with one rubber dust cover which prevents the intrusion of dirt and dust into the "on-deck" part of the magazine.
The magazines are viewable at:

www.ruger.com/BX-25

The literature also mentions that these 50 round magazines also fit the Ruger 77/22.
They are a bit pricey but isn't everything these days?
I have not shot with them as yet.
The part number appears to be BX-25X2?
By the way I found NO 22 ammunition on this latest foray.
For those that like "high-cap" magazines these units appear to be very well made.
I think my grandkids will NOT be allowed access to these magazines until the current ammunition shortage expires!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Addendum: I went to the web site I included in this posting and it in fact does not show the 50 round magazine as explained on the Ruger bubble pack - it only shows the 25 round magazine at that site.
Visualize if you will, two of these magazines manufactured into one unit with the two magazines opposing each other lengthwise - I did find pictures of this brand new Ruger magazine online, by searching under Ruger BX-25X2.
They are running from $120.00 to $135.00 per unit on the for sale sites.
I got the 6 I purchased for less than 1/2 that cost (per each)!
Consider this a heads up for those interested in high capacity magazines - the "scalpers" are buying and then re-selling these magazines for 100%+ profits!

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Saw them Thursday at the Sports Center in Perry, GA. $59.99 Fair price, I thought.
I'm sure the timing is coincidense, but I hope it was "in your face" timing.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I saw some in Wilmington for $100. I did not get one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bitchin'! I need a couple!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
$50 in new hampshire.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Interesting!

I still have my old (from the late 70s) wind-up 50 rounder. It still works well and doesn't hang down as far as my 25 rounders. Hopefully, there will be so many Richardson's this Spring that I will need them all!!!

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Deflave: I went back to the two stores where I saw them and they are indeed sold out.
I think they were snapped up by the folks looking to resell them at a profit?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
LarryfromBend: I am not familiar with that "wind-up" 50 round magazine.
Who made them?
I am finally seeing Ground Squirrels here in the "high country" (5,200'+) - but they are not feeding as much as standing around in the sunlight it seems.
I have bonked a total of 1 (one!) so far this year - and I hope you do get into them thick this spring/summer.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
GeorgiaBoy: I had not thought about the "coincidence" of these 50 rounders showing up when they did until you mentioned it!
I looked for these Ruger 50 round magazines at the recent gunshows in both Helena, Montana and in Bozeman, Montana and never saw a single one.
So the "scalpers" may not have gotten many of them?
Long live the Ruger 10/22.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
LarryfromBend: I am not familiar with that "wind-up" 50 round magazine.
Who made them?
I am finally seeing Ground Squirrels here in the "high country" (5,200'+) - but they are not feeding as much as standing around in the sunlight it seems.
I have bonked a total of 1 (one!) so far this year - and I hope you do get into them thick this spring/summer.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG -- The wind-up mag and I are currently separated by 800 miles --- I'll give you the info in 10 days or so when I get back. It's a slick little deal.

I'll bet you stocked up on Power Points when they were available.

I don't have enough to make it thru the whole Gopher season so will be ending the season with Federal bulk ammo unless Power Points again become available.

Currently Midway is expecting more at the end of July.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
LarryfromBend: By coincidence I just found a brick (500 rounds) of Winchester 40 grain Power-Points yesterday!
I had to pay $40.00 (no tax) for it but I was happy to pay that and get it to add to my stores!
I have almost two years worth of that ammo on hand now and that is a relief.
I only use it in "special" guns anymore like my Remington 40X, Kimber Model 82G, Kimber Model 82 H/S (Hunter/silhouette), Ruger semi-auto pistol Hunter model and my Ruger 77/22 V/T!
These very accurate guns can utilize this great ammo to the fullest extent.
No hurry on that 50 round wind-up info - interesting that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,124 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,830
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.