Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by high_country_
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram
I don't thik there will be an effective boycott in Colorado this fall. Too many hunters from out of state can come here...hunt....go back home and forget about Colorado. As for me....I am looking at homes out of state to get out of here as soon as I can. The political climate in Colorado won't change anytime soon...at least not soon enough for me.

Till they get stopped with that hi capacity magazine in their pistol, or the 10-22......Then the party is over.

I don't think there will be much concern about stopping out of state hunters with high capacity magazines. This is about control of Colorado residents...not paying tourists that visit and leave.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Boycotting Colorado isent the anser. Outfitters,lodges, Mom&Pop stores, gunshops etc. Those people are in the same boat. Cut them off and how will they raise $$ to fight this ? We need to Boycott those that are in favor of this kind of legislation.
Do some research on Colorado's state legislators. What do they have their fingers into? Find this out and go after them.
We need to stick together on this!

Hang on tight !
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by guy57
Can't blame folks for being pissed at being taken over by the liberal overflow. I wonder how many Col. members the NRA has, just askin? We really ALL need to stand together.

Three life members in my household, I'd be sending them GOA and RMGO more money if I wasn't on a temporary furlough.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Agreed we can only do what we each can afford. I wish we could boycott the government and not the good folks in business. We are going to be applying for elk tags in a few days and our group has very mixed feelings about Col. now. Just a bad deal.

Guy

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hunters boycoting Co. will only hurt the people that are the supporters of gun rights. Ranchers, guides and folks in small towns. Libtards in Denver and Boulder could care less if every hunter stayed out of Colorado. Hell they held a candil light vigil and funeral for a elk shot by Boulder police. If skiers and recreation people stop comming that might be noticed.

Lefty C

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hunters boycoting Co. will only hurt the people that are the supporters of gun rights.

I thought tag money went into the general fund for the [bleep] to spend?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Never would have believed this would come to pass in my beloved Colorado. It is a sad day. The crazy [bleep] on the east slope are from a different place, it only bears the same name. I've written letters, sent money, passed on the emails. The liberal east slope government doesn't care about the voice of it's constituency. We have been ignored. Let the voters speak at the next election, but don't forget the vast majority of our population is front range liberals. I would leave, but my family and history is here, along with grandkids my wife won't move away from. I've already suggested Wyoming, it's just a few more hours away.
I love this state, but despise the sorry excuse for a government we have. I also urged all of our legislators to throw out those east coast bums that came here to manipulate our state government, but there are too few law makers with balls enough to stand up, use their own head, and do the right thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well put Brad.... ya' nailed it. It sounds like we're in the same boat... I don't want to leave this beautiful place, but first chance I get, you can bet Wyoming is the place.

It breaks my heart to see our great state desecrated by a radically liberal agenda, leaving countless hunters and overall outdoorsmen like ourselves feeling absolutely ashamed. Kind of puts a guy at a loss for words really... there's nothing to express what we've become.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Brad and Tanner, I'm right here with you. Us folks on the western Slope are outvoted and outspent by the large populations of the Front Range. If I could pull up and go I might head to Wyo, but my home, Wife, Family, and job are all here in the Grand Valley. And that's pretty hard to walk away from. Makes me sick to be sure.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I agree, a boycott by hunters and outdoors men will only hurt the local folks who are in the same boat we are in. Any links to the legislation so us "flat landers" can take a look at what may be coming ?

FWIW, it ain't just Colorado. We have similar microcosm of what you are experiencing in Colorado, here in North Central KY, 40 miles south of Cincinnati. Used to be 95% agricultural, cattle, hay, tobacco. Over the past 20 years, many folks have moved south out of the suburbs into the county to "get away" from all the city nonsense. AS soon as they run for elected office, they turn around and start enacting all of the inane laws they moved here to get away from...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Any links to the legislation so us "flat landers" can take a look at what may be coming ?

You see all of the legislation here

Huntinut

"If it's the truth it ain't braggin" Will Rogers
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Huntinut, Thanks for the link. Looks like a sucky situation. I feel for you guys...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have 14 PPs and can get the 15th this year. Do you Colorado folks think it would be a hassle for me when I get to go?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leemar28
Boycotting Colorado isent the anser. Outfitters,lodges, Mom&Pop stores, gunshops etc. Those people are in the same boat. Cut them off and how will they raise $$ to fight this ? We need to Boycott those that are in favor of this kind of legislation.
Do some research on Colorado's state legislators. What do they have their fingers into? Find this out and go after them.
We need to stick together on this!

Well maybe the locals will pay more attention to who they elect.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by model70man
I have 14 PPs and can get the 15th this year. Do you Colorado folks think it would be a hassle for me when I get to go?

No, as much as I dislike the new laws they do not effect big game hunters.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
as long as they check their guns at the border, first....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear about the situation in CO.

My wife is from CO, and all the in-laws still live there. I thought for sure that OR had more liberal whack jobs, but apparently not.

Just got this via e-mail:

Outdoor Channel Blacklists Colorado Over Gun Control Laws

(GunAuction.com) � The Outdoor Channel, a very popular cable network for hunters, fishermen and outdoors type people, has notified the Colorado Senate Republican Caucus that they are prepared to pull all of their productions out of the state if the anti-gun laws are passed. Currently, the Outdoor Channel has four cable program series being produced in Colorado, including their most popular program �Gun Stories.�

Michael Bane, executive producer and host of Outdoor Channel, sent an email to State Sen. Steve King (R-Grand Junction) stating in part:

�This morning I met with my three Producers, and we made the decision that if these antigun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production OUT of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month. Obviously, part of this is due to our own commitment to the right to keep and bear arms, but it also reflects 3 lawyers� opinions that these laws are so poorly drafted and so designed to trap otherwise legal citizens into a crime (one of our attorneys referred to them as �flypaper laws�) that it is simply too dangerous for us to film here.�

�I can give you chapter and verse on the legal implications if you need, but suffice to say that the first legal opinion was so scary we went out and got two others. Al three attorneys agreed.�

�We are relatively small potatoes in television, but our relocation of production will cost Colorado a little less than a million dollars in 2013.�

�Secondly, we have proudly promoted Colorado in our productions (and have been moving more and more production into the state); now we will do exactly the opposite. What does this mean for Colorado? The community of television producers is a small one. Last week I had lunch with a major network producer who was looking to locate his new reality series in Colorado. That producer is also a shooter, and the new reality series will now be based out of Phoenix. That lunch cost Colorado over a million in economic impact.

�Thirdly, according to numbers I received from the National Shooting Sports Foundation yesterday, hunting had an almost $800,000,000 impact on Colorado in 2012, driving as many as 8330 jobs. Next month I will be in Texas meeting with most of the top outdoor/hunting producers, and the Number One agenda item will be Colorado. Already, hunting organizations and statewide hunting clubs around the country are pulling out of Colorado, and we expect this trend to accelerate rapidly.�

�The message we will take to our viewers and listeners is that these proposed laws are so dangerous to hunters and any other person, be she a fisherman or a skier who brings a handgun into the state for self-defense, that we cannot recommend hunting, fishing or visiting Colorado. We reach millions of people, and, quite frankly, we have credibility that Colorado government officials can no longer match. Colorado Division of Wildlife is already running ads trying to bring more out-of-state hunters to Colorado�in light of the flood of negative publicity about these proposed laws, I can assure you those ads will fail.�

Read the complete letter here:

http://coloradosenatenews.com/Downloads/MichaelBane.pdf

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We need all the bad press and loss of revenue we can get. It seems logic doesn't move our legislators here, maybe money or the loss of their jobs will.
Take a look at this. We need this kind of courage, determination, and loyalty to the constitution in every state.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...re-passes-gun-control-nullification-bill

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I saw this coming 20 years ago and I am not so prescient that I had to be the only one. Not just the gun control part but it follows part and parcel with what was happening on the front slope with the influx of leftists. When Colorado went after the trappers I wrote off the state. I haven't been there since 1986 except to pass through once or twice.

When we made our move out west it was to Wyoming. Unfortunately it didn't work out and we returned to Missouri. It was absolutely no reflection on Wyoming, the people or the climate. Blood is thicker than water and for me holds my allegiance more than where I wanted to live. Aging parents didn't require a move back but demanded it.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know much about the house but I do follow the senate more closely.
Some of these districts, like Boulder and Denver, are very liberal and they are always going to elect the furthest left candidate from any choice they have.

There are 5 senators or so that are far to the left of their constituents in their respective districts. I believe retiring these senators are where real improvement could be made in 2014.

John Morse - Colorado Springs
Angela Giron - Pueblo
Gail Schwartz - Snowmass
Mary Hodge - Brighton
Linda Newell - Littleton

http://coloradosenate.org/home/directory/member-directory

Last edited by Alamosa; 03/17/13.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.