Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Well, I was not the one that start the name calling and such.. It was your friend...and in my humble opinion has no place here. But, that is just my opinion. So, I guess you two are going to gang up on me now. Since you are friends and all. Very mature....

Last edited by Pstores; 03/10/13.
GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Be nice to keep subjects on topic and not try to derail them....

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..

I completely understand how this guy felt... Although I can't buy an HS Precision, I will most likely buy all McMillans... So, I guess I am done with this thread as I feel the maturity level maybe slipping.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pstores
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
at the shot show last year the manners guys blew me off to talk to some gun writer.... hs precition and Mcmillan spent as much time as i wanted. my custumers get Mcmillan or Hs Precition. edge stocks are the best peirod. 95 % of the rifles i build are of standard cal or sencable wildcats..

I completely understand how this guy felt... Although I can't buy an HS Precision, I will most likely buy all McMillans... So, I guess I am done with this thread as I feel the maturity level maybe slipping.

Thats pretty darn funny coming from the guy that has posted like 20 times give or take saying the same schitt over and over again.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just figured after the emails and 4 calls and voicemails I would just order one Friday afternoon. I was going to order the EH but need just one piece of info to do so. That was which one would be best for a 42mm size scope on a Rem 700 sps with a #3 contour or .625. When I could not get that answered, i gave up on the order phase. Then I asked about my Remington 700 DBM's in .260. Still no info I gave up. Left my number as I did all last week. But, I have little confidence that they will call back. Well, there is always McMillan.

Has it occurred to you that all people are not the same, and the same stock with the same raised comb will likely place people's eyes at different heights? You've gotta play with different height rings in addition to your stock and scope, to find the best solution for your individual needs. I've not yet had a stock manufacturer tell me exactly what would work for me either...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Kimber yes I had thought of that. I do have a few sets of rings and mounts from various manufactures. Mounts will even make a slight difference. I am just looking for the starting point with their stocks. That was why I want to get some in my hands. However that was a good thought though. Easy to over look that. With the 42mm I have to use Rings on the higher side. Scope may clear but bolt wont. Maybe I'll order 3 or so. And return what I don't like. Not sure.... Hard to choose between them and McMillan....

T
T
Kimber yes I had thought of that. I do have a few sets of rings and mounts from various manufactures. Mounts will even make a slight difference. I am just looking for the starting point with their stocks. That was why I want to get some in my hands. However that was a good thought though. Easy to over look that. With the 42mm I have to use Rings on the higher side. Scope may clear but bolt wont. Maybe I'll order 3 or so. And return what I don't like. Not sure.... Hard to choose between them and McMillan....
Hi pstores, Just came across the updated post on this thread, the office girls should have offered to send you out a few sample stocks, they are not inleted but this will give you a good idea of the cheek height, this does not cost anything, we just ask that you fully insure them when you ship them back. This is the best way to determine if a stock will fit your needs, there is so many variables it is hard to tell someone over the phone what would be best. Thank you

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,323 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.