G
Thanks Bob, I'll wear my clean boots. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Other than a shower and a change of clothes, when are we ever in our rooms anyways before 1am or so.

Last edited by RISJR; 03/10/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nap time.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hoping I get up that way Friday. Trying to find someone to make the 2hr ride with me. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person and hanging out. I may have to to take a sick day from school. Hope everyone has a safe trip and hopefully I'll see you Friday.
BTW can a guy sleep in his truck if he's unable to make the 2hr trip back?

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 03/10/13.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
rollin' rollin' rollin'

tide bring that m-14 and some ammo. i can bloody it for you.

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Typing from the road, just entered Nebraska. No, I am NOT driving and typing! Sheridan/Rattler has the wheel and Sherri is handing out meds and snacks from the back seat to keep us going. We aill over night in Sydney NE, spent last night in Ogden Utah. We are considering staying in Branson rather than Nashville. Will look at what musicians are playing each place. We also could possibly roll in early if the travel contunues as smoothly as it has so far.

We are loaded to the gills and I did not bring quite as many toys myself as I had intended. I do have my 4q6 Rigby, of course, and Pugs's 22 Hi Power plus a pre 64 model 70 in 220 Swift, The Benelli 20 that Is spoken for, the handguns I mentioned and my customized yet still very traditional Lyman Great Plains 54 with acoutrements. Sherri brought her PF-9. First year issue Bearcat and her SU-16 so that she can joiin us for some informal shooting games and such.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Hoping I get up that way Friday. Trying to find someone to make the 2hr ride with me. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person and hanging out. I may have to to take a sick day from school. Hope everyone has a safe trip and hopefully I'll see you Friday.
BTW can a guy sleep in his truck if he's unable to make the 2hr trip back?

Try to get Slumlord to join you, I am really hoping to meet both of you.

Just arrived in Sydney at the hotel so bye for now. Got to get some sleep and get ready for a long driving dfay tomorrow, too.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You guys are making me jealous. Sounds like ya'll are in for a great time. I do think my decision to opt for the LASIK surgery instead of the hunt was the right one though. I go in for the surgery Thursday morning. Don't imagine my day will be near as much fun as the one you guys will have.

Maybe I'll be there next year!

Roger

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Many will need Lasik after this hunt.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Not a bad seat in the house. They're just complaining because it's a long way to carry people to bed from the fire. Leaving Tuesday AM...tex-n-cal has yet to give me a departure time. smile Wed's noonish I suppose.

chit, leave well before noon, I hope! Planning to leave here early & hope to miss rush hour crossing houston. You still have the same cell#?

I'm gonna print out some Google, maps, PM to you in a sec

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm bringing my girlfriend Kimber

Yeah......you with the Kimber and Bobby with the Baer. I may have to leave the Glock at home this time and bring the 1911 again.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR

I don't know...

Some may want to forgo the surgery in consideration of the mugs they'll have to look at there...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm briging my Brolin Arms. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
I'm bringing my girlfriend Kimber

Yeah......you with the Kimber and Bobby with the Baer. I may have to leave the Glock at home this time and bring the 1911 again.

George

Rock the grock. grin

240gr HST shouldn't bounce off I suppose.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by RISJR

I don't know...

Some may want to forgo the surgery in consideration of the mugs they'll have to look at there...

im a good looking dude

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am really curious just how accurate my Delta Elite pistol IS, now with its cut rifled Storm Lake barrel and all of its tuning etc. I am hoping one of you guys who is a good hand/shot with a pistol will help me wring it out and see just what it is really capable of. I am fairly certainn that it is capable of better accuracy than what I can bring out of it.

If I or anyone else is going to hunt with my restored/upgraded model 99 in 250/3000 I will need access to a range of some sort to dial it in. I have yet to fire this rifle, at all. Been too busy and or sick to get it out and run a round or two through it. I did bring my sandbag rests, shooting sticks, ear protection ( and lots of extra's in case someone forgot thiers) and several brands of 100gr factory ammo. I did not have time to load any 87gr pills, but I am confident that it will shoot the short ogive Silvertip and Core Lokt 100's well enough for pig hunting at least.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll have a couple 1911's there. Also one Sistema, circa 1947.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who all is gonna be around Nashville Tuesday Morning if we show up there tomorrow night?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ok folks we have a man down. my pard double d justed informed me that his baby mama won't watch his kid for the trip, so he's SOL on the kid sitter.

im riding solo.

pappy no need for the bushmaster. sorry

bringing a left hand rem. 700 257 weatherby mag for sale

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, that is a tough blow for him. SO sorry to hear of this. Please tell Double D that we send our best and to just save up $$ and Brownie points with the Baby Momma for next year.

I am pretty sure I have a buyer for the 257WBY of yours, might have it sold shortly. Tell us more, maybe? Or I can just wait until we meet up.

MARK

Page 116 of 169 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (1minute, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 48 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,158
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.