Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
19, at once, apparently.....

Link with a pic

Jessica Vess / KVUE
AUSTIN -- Police are investigating an accident which damaged more than a dozen vehicles at a Hyundai auto dealership.
Officer Traver Stefan says a 911 call came in around 1:38 a.m. Wednesday. A witness reported seeing a driver lose control of his car on the Interstate 35 frontage road. The car veered off the road and onto a grassy curb where it hit a light pole outside South Point Hyundai. The impact tore the light pole from its concrete base. The car then smashed into a row of vehicles at the dealership. Shards of glass and chunks of plastic and metal scattered across the lot. Service and Parts Director Mark Marek of South Point Hyundai says 18 cars suffered damage. Nine were damaged severely. "It's pretty extensive. Several of the vehicles are brand new vehicles that are more than likely totaled. It rolled right across the top of them," explained Officer Stefan. "Some of the roofs are torn off. Other cars have battery acid on them. Some of the front ends are smashed in. So some of the damage are quite severe and some are just minor scratches," added Marek. One car was flipped on its side and landed upside down on top of another. Another vehicle nearly lost one of its doors when the light pole landed on top of it before skidding to a stop. Witnesses told officers they watched the driver crawl out of his car and then run off. Police are still searching for him. "As far as the extent of their injuries, we're not sure. I guess they were able somehow, they were seen running from the scene. So they were at least, had it together enough to run out of here," said Officer Stefan. The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Officers who responded to the call say they found empty beer bottles still inside the car and more bottles on the ground around the car. The driver is facing several potential charges. "Leaving the scene of [a] crash would certainly be a potential charge. It just depends on the tools detectives want to use to charge him with, again if it's assigned to a detective unit and of course there's the civil court route that the owners of the property are certainly entitled to," explained Officer Stefan. The damaged vehicles are being towed to the dealership's sister facility, Point Collission, on Saint Elmo for evaluation. "There will be a determination there as to what can be done with the cars, either fixed, some of them will probably be totaled," said Marek. Marek says business opened as usual at South Point Hyundai at 9 a.m. Police are asking anyone who may have information to call APD.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My cousins oldest son destroyed 5 cars. One at a time.

Last edited by websterparish47; 03/13/13.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
" The damaged vehicles are being towed to the dealership's sister facility, Point Collission, on Saint Elmo"

Hmmm....I think 'collision point' is South Point Hyundai!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
hahaha

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I bet the light pole cost more than the 19 vehicles.

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many cars can one man wreck? As many as you want if you're Chuck Norris.

[Linked Image]

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I thought my wife was a bad driver...

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Good ol Chuck a real american super hero.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a good time to reflect on your liability limits. When I was an agent I had trouble getting many insureds to consider higher limits of liability.

State minimums were 20/40/20 but I never wrote less than 25/50/25. The first 25 represents 25,000 the maximum coverage for one person killed or injured, 50 represents 50,000 if you run a school bus off the road and killed 30 chirrens and the last 25 represents 25,000 in property damage. How many new vehicles today are worth more than 25,000?

There was a woman in Montgomery many years ago that carried 100/300/10 liability limits. Her agent assured her that she had ample coverage...until she drove through the front of the Alabama Power Company building and totaled a lot of appliances. She was not happy with her agent. There have been many agents successfully sued because they didn't sell their insureds enough liability limits.

A motorist insured by State Farm had 100/300/10 limits and ran an 18 wheeler off Lake Ponchatrain bridge. The truck was loaded with Vick's Cough Drops. Total value of truck and cargo was $140,000 back then. State Farm manned up and paid their $10,000---not sure how the insured paid his $130,000.

Carrying low liability limits is stupid. Getting liability is the costly part, carrying high limits is peanuts.

Last edited by MColeman; 03/13/13.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
dad was in insurance, a general agent in the end...

Always insisted we carry 100/300/100.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.