Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I needed a set of dies, turns out not one they stock even in their custom line, and their reply was, sorry, we're too busy to take any custom orders right now. Period. Not, "Hey, no problem, we'll take that order and it'll be a year." Just nope, sorry. Kind of surprised die manufacturers are that busy. Powder, primer, bullet companies sure. But dies too? Oh well. Still waiting on a reply from RCBS. Not optimistic I'll even hear from them.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forster will. I contacted them a while ago (I think it was Forster) and were happy to oblige a custom order. No for RCBS when I asked them.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I emailed Redding a couple of days ago about some custom dies, and I haven't heard back. Sounds like I won't expect an answer!

Forster has better dies boxes anyhow.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you think Wilson would help? What do you need?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered a set of Redding dies a year plus ago, and the worst part is I got them.

After the case is run into the neck of the sizer die? The expander ball has to neck it back up 20 thou. Yup, you read that right.

I called Redding about it and they didn't care. Suggested I send the sizer die out to be reamed so it was usable. Yeah, nice...pay $175 for custom dies and need to have them fixed by a third party.

No more "custom" dies from Redding for me.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
That sucks, and to bad because I really like redding too. But if they have crap customer service maybe I should go else where. Once again its the little things that make the difference. Seems like everybody in the gun/hunting business is trying to use the excuse that things are too busy. Some of the industry you expect it but others you kind of think really? Of course that is just my humble opinion.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hornady was the quickest for custom dies last time I ordered a set (which has been about 2 years ago). Also, check out CH4D. They even keep some off the wall stuff in stock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was a 7mm die, and the sizer die sans expander ball produced an outside neck diameter of 0.292". That's 4 whole thou bigger than my 6.5X55 die. Absolutely stupid.

It is being reamed out to .308".

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Looking at a custom based on the 225 Winchester, but was hoping for some conversation to determine practicality. Not even close. I'm glad someone's busy in the tanked economy.

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Forster will. I contacted them a while ago (I think it was Forster) and were happy to oblige a custom order. No for RCBS when I asked them.

Not right now. I couldn't even get Forster to make a set of 264wm dies for me right now. Everyone is literally running as fast as they can at the moment and demand is outstripping supply. It won't last forever....

David

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, crazy to hear that even die companies are way behind.

Hope some people fall out of AirForce 1 soon and we can get back to normal...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Try sinclair. I have special ordered Redding Dies through them before when Redding didnt want to deal with it.

www.sinclairintl.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any way to modify a regular 225 die? I can't remember who makes all the contender barrels chambered to different 225 based cases. JDJ I think. What do you have in mind?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Any way to modify a regular 225 die? I can't remember who makes all the contender barrels chambered to different 225 based cases. JDJ I think. What do you have in mind?

An extremely overbore .17/225, or shortened version that will feed thru a Savage 99. Could do a standard 225 too. All fun and games right? grin

LOL
R
R
You might want to look at Whidden. I just got a set for my 6x47 Lapua and they very nice dies and they do custom dies.

www.whiddengunworks.net

Last edited by rjh71; 03/13/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1 Whidden. They did a 338 RCM bushing/FL die for me. It was perfect. Came in a nice presentation box.

I intend to use them again.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I contacted Redding two months ago for a 250AI body die and they responded to my emails (although the replies were unusally brief) and I sent them the order with a check. They did say they were running 6 months out on custom orders. I don't mind waiting for the die, but I don't like the folks that hold the check, now I will have another outstanding check in my checking account.

I have like Reddings products and the few customer service things they have done for me over the years have always been quick and usually free.

Its amazing the how many companies are being run ragged by this.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

An extremely overbore .17/225, or shortened version that will feed thru a Savage 99. Could do a standard 225 too. All fun and games right? grin

another vote for CH4D....

they make some stuff that they are the only folks in the country manufacturing them.. for my father in laws VFW post, I picked them some Rosette Crimp Dies for making Blanks, when they could no longer get them for their Garands that they used in Funeral Honor Guard Duty...

they also do all sorts of wildcat stuff...

they list a 17/22.250 for $83.00 on page 4 on their web site of the list of calibers they do as catalog items..

if ya really wanna impress your friends, they also will do a 17 Swift for $83.00

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love Redding.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Just getting into reloading and buying redding dies when I can. Excellent product

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (37L1, 257 mag, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.