Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I suppose it a sign of aging. I have a good supply of large rifle primers, but I got caught short on small rifle and large pistol primers. 300 small rifle is a year or two supply for me at this time. But I am saving .223 brass. I may have to load some of it later. (Pretty good supply of factory and LC surplus stuff, and I do not plink with it).

Scum? Yes, if the amount you purchased is a long time. Supply. No, if the amount only satisfies your immediate future need. Certainly, if you intend to black market some of them.

My question is: Should we be part of the solution, or another part of the problem? Jack

Last edited by jt402; 03/14/13.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Primers by the millions in Superior WI.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Get busy and use them for fun. No scum in enjoying the rewards of capitalism.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by jt402

Scum? Yes, if the amount you purchased is a long time. Supply. No, if the amount only satisfies your immediate future need. Certainly, if you intend to black market some of them.

My question is: Should we be part of the solution, or another part of the problem? Jack

Second what he said.
I just read on another forum about some guy was bragging how he bought 20K rounds of ammo from Cabela's and clean them out of stock. Is he going to shoot 20K of that ammo in the near future? Doubtful. Which makes him a selfish jerk.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I love how this site is usually die hard pro-capitalism and all about looking out for themselves. Now with a joke of a gun scare everyone's adopting the union mentality.

Each man shall be given equal amounts of primers. And equal amounts of brass. We are all in this together comrades.

Good on you OP clean the next place outta gear too. Its not your fault you stumbled across a deal. Next I suppose when a feller sees a gun for less than book value he is going to notify the seller about it and offer them more?

Think I'll order a few bricks of CCI small rifle BR myself...

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't know why the OP asked the question?

I don't know why anyone cares how many primers he bought?

I don't know why I bothered posting on this subject?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
To stir the pot of course. Same reason anyone posts on 24 hrcf

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6000 small rifle primers divided by 300 per person = 20 people who could have received 300 primers instead of two that received 6000.

I think a better audience would be to pose this question to the 18 people who came in after you.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
yer gonna wonder why you spent all that $$ on primers in a couple of months.

more than a ouple of months.

but

the price is the price

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ME109
Walk into a gunshop yesterday and find a small trove of small rifle primers. Guy behind the counter says limit of 300 per day. I say fine gimme 300. I ask if I come back tomorrow what can I expect....guy behind the counter says 300 with the other guy behind the counter adding "bring a fiend and get another 300".

So I go back the next day and ask for some small rifle primers. FNG behind the counter who has trouble locating the small rifle primers on an empty shelf says "How many"? I told him three. So he hands me 3000 small rifle primers and I run up front as fast as possible and they ring me up. I then send my friend in to do the same and wipe them out. Am I scum?

One last thing

if you paid with cash and when you were given your change you were given 3x too much and you knew it and took it.

would you be scum...

Snake

Last edited by temmi; 03/14/13.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ME109
Walk into a gunshop yesterday and find a small trove of small rifle primers. Guy behind the counter says limit of 300 per day. I say fine gimme 300. I ask if I come back tomorrow what can I expect....guy behind the counter says 300 with the other guy behind the counter adding "bring a fiend and get another 300".

So I go back the next day and ask for some small rifle primers. FNG behind the counter who has trouble locating the small rifle primers on an empty shelf says "How many"? I told him three. So he hands me 3000 small rifle primers and I run up front as fast as possible and they ring me up. I then send my friend in to do the same and wipe them out. Am I scum?

GFY

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just a Braggart! Short version A$$hole.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pond scum ! Look I know there is a little bit of a panic out there, I got sucked up into it when Clinton was in charge. I bought two bricks of LR Primers and guess what I am still shooting of of what I bought back then. Now 22 RF well that is another issue, I shoot a lot of that or did, I was at Walmart Sunday and low and behold, they had one box of 7mm RM on the self. Holy cow I said to myself. I didn't buy it because a, I got plenty of 7mm RM ammo to keep me in venison till at least 2020, b. it was a winchester load for some plastic tip bullet 150 gr I think. Hornaday got American White tail ammo out, and I will buy some when I see it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
ME109: You are not scum, if, you front me 100 primers!
No I will not pass judgement on you regarding this close call.
I would not have done it myself but you paid cash and you did not try to deceive anyone out of spite.
Maybe you should shy away from that shop for a couple weeks?
By the way how much were those primers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kevin's in Tallahassee has chitt on the aisle racks for the taking, no limits save for your wallet. Little pricey. .22 RF available.

It's not so much if one is scum, but rather the type of scum. Pond scum? Swamp scum? Liberal scum? Elite Power Broker scum?

If you're scum today for cleaning the self, what are you if you did it in '98? Dinosaur scum?

This is deep chitt. All y'all GFY. Have a smoke after...lemme know when you got this figured out via PM.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Never dreamed I'd read something like this back in the 60s while reading O'Connor and saving my money for a loading press and some 130 grainers.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I won't call you scum. If you took way more than you will ever use then maybe a bit greedy but the country was built on greed. I cleaned one shop out of Retumbo so I knew I would have enough for at least a year of shooting my .270WSM Granted that was only 3 pounds but I know I can get by with that amount. Maybe you will be able to trade those primers for something later. Actually is 6000 that many? I have used that many in a year.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
And now its tinfoil time..

This topic belongs in the freak show.

Lord yes!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Today:

Called an out of the way store that I knew I would be passing by and asked if they had any SR primers and if so how much. Guy says yea we have CCI's at $3.39 per hundred. "Have a 1000" I asked, and the guy said yes. "How about 3000?" Yes again. "Hold them for me and I will be by this afternoon."

Show up and the guy says I have them held back and brought out 3000 CCI BRs. I said you have the wrong ones and that price is really low. He looked and said opps they were in the wrong spot. No problem I replied forget about it. Nope you drove here and that is what I will sell them for. You don't have to I indicated, I understand. Listen he said you want them that is the price. Ok ring them up. Then he asks if I would like another 3000 at the same price. "Sure but ah." I'll get em, it's not a big deal and thanks for shopping with us.

Ended up buying some bullets I didn't need along with a brick of RWS target .22LR-the only kind he had left-but the price was great for current times, a diaphragm Turkey call and some cleaning patches.

Thinking I'm going to buy a lotto ticket tomorrow.

How you doing Rooster? I didn't make it down, so will be giving you a PM sometime soon.

Oh and BTW, he had at least 10 more bricks of the CCI BRs setting on the shelf, so I didn't clean him out. wink smile

Last edited by battue; 03/16/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you scum? NO. Are you self centered and lack empathy, probably. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,517
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.