Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Talf Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Pete E
So what happens if the Bills passes, but the Feds still try to introduce laws that are contrary to Bill?

From a legal perspective, does Fed law trump state law in such cases?

No. That's why states can legalize marijuana.

Travis

I'm no lawyer, but I think the way they can do that is there is probably no Fed law that covers the small amounts a person can have under a state law.

Nope the State just refuses to prosecute despite the fact there is EXISTING fed law.

Colo has legalized it recreationally, tell me that isn't contrary to fed law..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If states like AZ get sued for trying to enforce Federal immigration laws, why should the states enforce Federal gun laws?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Talf
(At least thats the bill's message)
hooray!!
With the passage of HB 302 in both chambers of the Montana state legislature, Montana is the closest state in the country to making history. If Gov. Bullock signs the bill, Montana will be sending a clear and loud message to Washington that any violation or infringement of the people�s Second Amendment right to keep and bill arms will not be tolerated in the Big Sky Country.

After a vote of 28-21 in the state Senate on Wednesday, March 13, Montana is moving toward being the first state in the country to approve a bill prohibiting the enforcement of a potential federal ban on semiautomatic firearms and large-capacity magazines within its borders. The bill, HB 302, also calls for criminal penalties to any employee, official, or officer of either the state or federal government who enforces such a measure within Montana.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...re-passes-gun-control-nullification-bill

I hope it works, but doesn't Federal law (whatever it may become) trump state law? It would make for an interesting fight.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Already planned to move to Montana, this is just the silver lining.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The website for the Montana Legislature shows for HB 302:
Bill Actions - Current Bill Progress: Returned to First House with Second House Amendments

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Can any real estate agent in Montana pm me please? I am so done with Minnesota.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
If states like people in AZ get sued arrested /harassed for trying to enforce Federal immigration laws, why should the states enforce Federal gun laws?

Fixed,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Talf Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Beltrami
The website for the Montana Legislature shows for HB 302:
Bill Actions - Current Bill Progress: Returned to First House with Second House Amendments

http://openstates.org/mt/bills/2013/HB302/

http://openstates.org/mt/votes/MTV00007449/

It's all there for you including pie charts!!
PASSED SENATE
Mar 13, 2013

PASSED HOUSE
Feb 22, 2013

INTRODUCED
Jan 4, 2013

Last edited by Talf; 03/14/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scary how close to 50% it is but glad it passed. If Montana is that close, Oregon doesn't stand a chance.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Scary how close to 50% it is but glad it passed. If Montana is that close, Oregon doesn't stand a chance.

Read your own posts,......I have

If optimism / winning attitudes were chit,....you wouldn't get a sniff.

Everything's about defeat ?

Like posted earlier NEVER give up !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

wahoo sir this world is what we make it and liberty is loosed in man and no dorce can rend it out of us each and everyone not scared just dumbfounded at the shear gale of my short term employees thanks again i reluctantly live in ca long ties of blood honor and responsibility seem fate bound to keep me here but i and my fellows do manage a little fun nra free combat training for woman tough duty HeeHee the feeling of satisfaction as aunt bee comes to the end of the house drill and cant fit the 00buck shell into the gun and asks um exscuse me is there a better way to do this i cant seem to be chamber this round ahhh!!i heard tell of get togethers being ca we are limited due to democide but we have a yearly pumkin hunt 2days on the northern border of yosemite ages range from 18 months to 87 drills food contests timed events all for fun and skills building my favorite involves your freinds staging enemies laying in wait each has cover field of fire and a pumkin head we run it in a boxed canyon wooded soft soil and secured from egress so its go shoot seek scoot shoot save the// im just a bill doll// from school house rock!! get back ...time ADDED FOR NON INCAPACITATING HITS ANY OPFOR MISSED you are OUT OF THE CONTEST SORRY PLANETS A BIT$% THEN THE WINNER HAS TO LEAD BRASS TRASH AND GEAR CLEANUP WITH THE KIDS HOPE THE TIMES ARE TREATING YOU AND ALL OF YOURS WELL AND STAY SHARP JUST AND ARMED GO TEAM UP FREEDOM

ca gunney glad america has been here for me will be here for america
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
yup and i am better at strings of 2-5 while moving than classic brace ease breath fire anyway

well i for one say we should put our powers of industry into play lots of bright kids would spend 2striaght years legislating and litigating and whatever it is they do for payoff of their edu debt each and everytime one of the lawfull americans is criminalized intured or god forbid harmed we have a gear sale auction a 100 yards of fence etc and buy some fanatic lawdogs and full time defend and advocate for each and every on elkers varminters combat drillers home defenders regardless of lifetime status or political stance we as a people can flick a pebble each and bury them in the same s$%# they seem to be slippin us whew i am good for %150 every three months and one house painting a year its better to shut them down with overcompliance until the constitution is restored then risk the whirlwind that we as 200 million cannonballs cant help but sow

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Talf
(At least thats the bill's message)
hooray!!
With the passage of HB 302 in both chambers of the Montana state legislature, Montana is the closest state in the country to making history. If Gov. Bullock signs the bill, Montana will be sending a clear and loud message to Washington that any violation or infringement of the people�s Second Amendment right to keep and bill arms will not be tolerated in the Big Sky Country.

After a vote of 28-21 in the state Senate on Wednesday, March 13, Montana is moving toward being the first state in the country to approve a bill prohibiting the enforcement of a potential federal ban on semiautomatic firearms and large-capacity magazines within its borders. The bill, HB 302, also calls for criminal penalties to any employee, official, or officer of either the state or federal government who enforces such a measure within Montana.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...re-passes-gun-control-nullification-bill

There you go...that is what I think of when I think of Americans.

Well done.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
God Bless Montana!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
we don't need any more legislation in Ohio!
If the feds want to touch our guns,
They will get them , muzzle first!

Is it time?
Yet?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I think it is great but if I am reading it properly it specifically exempts federal employees which I assume would allow the FBI, BATFE, Homeland Security or whichever Feds they want to use could enforce a federal law.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pacecars
I think it is great but if I am reading it properly it specifically exempts federal employees which I assume would allow the FBI, BATFE, Homeland Security or whichever Feds they want to use could enforce a federal law.

Correct. It is the same with marijuana laws.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by djs
I hope it works, but doesn't Federal law (whatever it may become) trump state law? It would make for an interesting fight.
This is a common misconception. There are actually only very few and specific areas where, within the states, Federal law can trump state law. For example, states may not have their own unique foreign policy as to other nations, or declare war against other nations, or borrow funds from other nations, or regulate interstate or international commerce, etc., i.e., the powers delegated to the Federal Government, where the Federal Government has chosen to act, establish Federal law supremacy. In all other areas, states are supreme within themselves.

For the Federal Government to have supremacy with regard to firearms or drug legislation within a state, they'd need to demonstrate where said power was delegated to it by the states within the text of the US Constitution. If not, the states are supreme within themselves in that regard, and Federal laws to the contrary are null and void within said states.

I see no provision within the US Constitution delegating authority to the Federal Government regarding firearms or drugs (apart from the regulation of the terms of interstate or international commerce regarding them), therefore, within the states, state law is supreme regarding them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.