Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good thing i held on to all of those 1920's marks,about 6 billion i think.

One day i will be rich.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
12-15% of the US GDP is health care... so sickness is a indicator of economic health.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by davet
Originally Posted by KFWA
"Big business has an obligation to the stockholders, and beginning in the late 70's and blowing up in the early 90's, the quickest way to boost shareholder value was to cut costs meaning moving production to 3rd world [bleep] and taking the manufacturing out of this country.

Also the time that businesses were hiring COO's and CEO's with MBA's instead of hiring from within (worker on the ffloor to mid management on up), or passing the business from father to son through inheritance. There is no loyalty to the business operation, or to the workers, when it is just one more job, and there is another waiting for the COO/CEO. At that point, the loyalty is to the board of dirrectors and the stock holders. When the bubble pops, they shuffle off any company owned components that they can, shut the company down, give themselves bonuses and network for the next job.

There is no thought to the future generation, or running the company into perpetuity. Selling out became the new American dream, and worse, the new business model. Work for a living? Hell no, where's the lump sum...

After 20+ years of working for major corporations this is largely my opinion as well.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Ok , so the Market is at or near its old high and looks like it will drop like a rock .... some tauts say the Crash has already started . But when and how much ? What are your best guesses ? Looks like past drops were maybe 40-50% and take maybe 2-3 years to run back up . So if you were sitting on a pile of Greenbacks ( no Stocks ) , would you wait to buy in at -40% , or switch to one of the very few ( even partially stable Currencies in the world based partly on Gold ) guessing that there will be no fundamental direction changes in the US Economy while Obama makes the decisions ??? Who has the best Crystal Ball ? It will be interesting to review the responses 6 months from now !

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A few question here. The write up talks about selling and buying long and short. What does buying short mean??? Also, no is talking about what to do about it. I have some stocks. If I loose it all it won't make much difference. If I take it out ( most in IRA's) I get the money. What the heck do I do with some green paper or a bank note with numbers on it?? The sorry truth is there seems to be no good investment now , except ammo but I can't find any now anyway. Land and houses may very well crash too. If times do get tough housing will crash with kids moving back in moms basement. I don't know what to buy. Don't laugh but I have been guying clothes, light bulbs, tools, some guns ,ammo if I can find it. I decided to give more to my church debt too. Any other ideas where to put money???

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ihookem
A few question here. The write up talks about selling and buying long and short. What does buying short mean???
It means you're purchasing a future right to sell at the current price, i.e., someone sold you an obligation on their part to, at a later date, purchase from you at today's price. It means you predict prices will go down and the person you bought the short position from is betting the other way. If the price goes down, you simply make the purchase in the market at the reduced price and sell them to the long participant in your contract at the old higher price.

Google "call" and "put" options.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We could go to 16-17k before a significant pull back. Who knows? If anybody knew, they could go short and and be a millionaire.

Get in, if you get scared, put a limit sell order in. Sitting out is ok too, but some other a-hole is cashing in to the tune of 10-16% in this market.

I like to keep a chunk of change on the sidelines though. If it does crash, I'll be picking 3 or 4 stocks to buy when things get retardedly cheap.

For example.. If you had bought 5k shares of Cabela's at $6 back in 2009 for 30k, you'd be able to sell it for $306,200 right now. Who is bitching about returns again?!! We all knew cabelas is a good company.. we all knew $6 was retardly cheap!

No way around it.. money makes you money. It's why the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. It's no vast conspiracy by international bankers, etc. It's just how things work. Get some money and buy assets, and then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (12344mag, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 44mc, 160user, 1936M71, 23 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,646
Posts18,533,755
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.