Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Sykotik
I don't disbelieve.....I believe to a point.

And if the responses from my fellow christians are what I have to look forward to.....I may just become a heathen cry
Can you link to the responses you're referring to?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There is a method to my madness. I was born, baptised and raised as a member of the St. Stanislaus Kostka Roman Catholic Church in Minersville, PA.

I went to R E for 6 years because I was not enrolled in a catholic school.

When I was figuring out the logistics of my wedding ceremony, I approached Father Maletz. He told me he could not marry my wife and I in the church because she was not a christian....She belonged to a Methodist church. She Was a Christian......Just a different denomination.

I talked to Father Maletz....We had a bit of a Theological discussion....At the end of the discussion, I said to Father Maletz "With all due respect Father, the next time you will see me is when someone I know gets married or dies"

We got married in The First United Methodist Church in St. Clair.

We wanted to have our children christened Roman Catholic.....I spoke to Father Maletz....He would not christen my children because I was not married in His Church.

Then to top it off, My best friend.....The best man at my wedding.....My first son's godfather....asked me to be the godfather for his first son. I was denied.

I Have a Bible right here on my coffee table....I can read a passage or two anytime I want. But to truly believe......I'm open to options.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't let "people" get between you and God. Priest, Pastor, or drunk in the gutter, they are all just people and at one time of another they will be wrong.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Kinda funny....Right behind my monitor is a 3 foot high cross that my uncle presented to me upon my Father's death back in 1998.

It is my most cherished posession.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a method to my madness. I was born, baptised and raised as a member of the St. Stanislaus Kostka Roman Catholic Church in Minersville, PA.

When I was figuring out the logistics of my wedding ceremony, I approached Father Maletz. He told me he could not marry my wife and I in the church because she was not a christian....She belonged to a Methodist church. She Was a Christian......Just a different denomination.

I talked to Father Maletz....We had a bit of a Theological discussion....At the end of the discussion, I said to Father Maletz "With all due respect Father, the next time you will see me is when someone I know gets married or dies"

We wanted to have our children christened Roman Catholic.....I spoke to Father Maletz....He would not christen my children because I was not married in His Church.

Then to top it off, My best friend.....The best man at my wedding.....My first son's godfather....asked me to be the godfather for his first son. I was denied.

I Have a Bible right here on my coffee table....I can read a passage or two anytime I want. But to truly believe......I'm open to options.

It's unfortunate I say this but don't judge Christianity or Christ by some Christians (assuming they truly are). On the other hand, your experiences point out why we really all need a Savior.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know of no one who can legitimately claim to be the reincarnation of Christ (or even tries to act the part).

A bill might be the right color and have the right engraving, squiggles, and numbers on it, but if it's not the real thing, it's worthless except to deceive and to defraud somebody.

It inherits no value whatever from what it imitates.

(Now you can see why I'm not welcome among those precious souls on the Private Forum � too digital for analog company.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Speaking of "options", the experiences you note in your post seem to describe the practice of "religion" of a rather highly organized sort. Father Maletz seems to have been extremely well organized in his management of the religion going on there. I understand and empathize with your post - experienced that constantly with my many Roman Catholic friends while we were growing up. All of the above have helped me come to more fully understand that "religion" does not mean, or equate with, "Christianity". I think it very good that you are open.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
In my opinion, access to that forum should not be granted based on the petition(s) of other members. That breeds an "exclusive" club, which is an anathema to Christ's teachings to us. �

Gosh!

Hadn't thought of it like that!

I like the idea of "inside" members suggesting that others be invited in, but of course I'd never be fond of their refusing to receive anyone (there's that Romans 14:1�15:7 thing again!) or black-balling someone out for unacceptable theology that they wouldn't be willing to discuss civilly.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I expect hidden forums for the illuminati and their ilk, so it�s strange to see such used here to share the Gospel. It�s kind of like underground churches that are common where Christians are persecuted.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RickyD
You're a natural evangelist. Got the hair?

Yeah. Now all I need is a circus tent and 10,000 idiots.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget the gittar.

A tambourine will suffice in a pinch.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dogzapper
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Anybody who voluntarily and eagerly presents himself publicly to all kinds of viciously flung flak has to be morbidly unsatisfied by the usual forms of masochism.

Which, my friend, is why I very, very seldom go down to the Private Forum these days.

With God,

Steve

+1 to what Dogzapper said.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Don't forget the gittar.

A tambourine will suffice in a pinch.

I can't afford them. Please send me 10% of your paycheck so I can start witnessing.

Thanks,
Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You gotta work on your pitch, Travis. You didn't mention the children, suffering, or invoking any feelings of guilt.

At this rate, you owe curdog4570 10%. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You gotta work on your pitch, Travis. You didn't mention the children, suffering, or invoking any feelings of guilt.

At this rate, you owe curdog4570 10%. grin

Ed

[bleep]. Preachin' is tough.

Travis

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just wait until you try to button that collar on backwards!

Oh, and there are NO days off!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 35, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.