Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have no use for those who attempt to assuage their personal grief and understandable anger by going on a crusade to limit the rights of others.

Yup!

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Paul39
I have no use for those who attempt to assuage their personal grief and understandable anger by going on a crusade to limit the rights of others.

The Bradys, Carolyn McCarthy, and now the Giffords. It is an abuse of their status and political influence.

Paul

Great post!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think Gabby Giffords is in charge of herself any more. I watched her read the statements at the hearing, WRITTEN BY HER SPEECH THERAPIST. She read them while Kelly reacted just like a daddy at recital. And when she wrapped up, she gave that "little girl" wiggle that comes at the end of a recital-type thing.
Then, consider some of the absolute idiots we have in Congress, some shamefully stupid people. Giffords couldn't even meet that criteria.
Kelly probably feels robbed of his planned future as part of a power couple and wants to be relevant. So this new group, funded by a Texas ambulance chaser, is the new normal.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Armednfree
If you purchase a firearm with the intent to transfer it to another person or entity that is a straw purchase. Therefore, if he purchased it with the intent to transfer it to the police that is a straw purchase.

Again, not true........go back and read my post above.......pay special attention to the info I quoted directly from the 4473 form.

Cancer Sucks
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Armednfree
If you purchase a firearm with the intent to transfer it to another person or entity that is a straw purchase. Therefore, if he purchased it with the intent to transfer it to the police that is a straw purchase.

That is pure BS.

You may legally purchase a firearm with the intention of gifting it to another. No declaration is necessary.

This stuff just ain't that difficult.

Read this again!

Quote:
Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you are the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also the actual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS- FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer �NO� to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer �YES� to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to any person you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. � 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kind of a shame on a lot of people's part that these photos and actions were known by everyone, however they did not come forward with the information until much of the damage has already been done.

Why didn't someone point out the proof that she and her husband were a fraud right from the start rather than waiting until after they have successfully campaigned for gun control?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I think this is the question that needs to be asked:

As much traveling as he has done, has Kelly spent enough time in our state to qualify as a resident of Arizona and legally purchase a firearm here?

Bill Quimby

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Military home of record.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by temmi
Its all fun and games till somebody gets shot in the head

snake

How about in the azz??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Scott F
While I understand his heartbreak over the shooting of his wife I believe his anger is placed in the wrong direction and I cannot excuse his hypocritical actions.

Understandable, Yes.

Politically expedient, maybe.

Principled and moral, No.

The Bradys, Carolyn McCarthy, and now the Giffords. It is an abuse of their status and political influence.

You can add Colorado State House Representative Rhonda Fields to that list, a mental midget whose only claim to fame and the State House is that her son was shot & killed by a low-life gangbanger he was going to testify against. She has signed on sponsoring a couple of detestable Colorado bills, the magazine ban and the private sale background check. Both of these bills are far worse than their titles would lead one to believe. For instance, the private sale background check bill makes it illegal to allow a friend to shoot your gun unless he is legally hunting and in possession of a valid hunting license. Target shooting by your friend out on public lands would be illegal. Violation is a class 1 misdemeanor and mandatory loss of all firearms for two years.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 34 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,619
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.