-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thirty-two year old Benjamin Wassell of Silver Creek has become the first victim in New York�s unconstitutional SAFE Act. That�s right, I used the term �victim� because these are completely unlawful laws being enforced.
The western New Yorker is apparently the first person to be charged with violating the state�s unconstitutional gun law.

According to state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Mr. Wassell was charged on Thursday with three felonies related to the sale of illegal weapons.
According to Schneiderman, Wassell twice sold weapons (semi-automatic rifles) that New York decided they wanted to ban in clear violation of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Officials claim that Wassell sold the weapons later in the same month that the SAFE Act was passed and again in February. He sold the weapons along with 300 rounds of ammunition.
Now, here comes the interesting part and to demonstrate that this has nothing to do with legality, but about disarmament. Wassell was released on his own recognizance, though he is charged with numerous felonies.
In other words, the court doesn�t see Mr. Wassell as dangerous. They just want his guns, which is what this is about. They want a disarmed populace.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/f...unconstitutional-safe-act/#ixzz2Nlk1j14i

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
3 felonies; thats life in prison isn't it?

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Isn't this the same case where the charges are that he was selling the weapons to a UC officer who told the defendant he was a convicted felon?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
They'll cut him a sweet deal..., give up all guns, pay a fine, a few years probation and 30 days in jail.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
3 felonies; thats life in prison isn't it?

As long as the felonies fall under the same charge, they will only get reported as one conviction. Not individually. Most 3-strikes laws only refer to violent offenses. Not sure about NY.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To many who have come to America and enjoyed our rights and relatively lavish lifestyle, gun ownership along with other Constitutional concepts are just stuff dreamed up by a bunch of dead, white slavers.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
SAFE for politicians to control their subjects!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
the state�s unconstitutional gun law.

We all keep saying that, but I haven't seen a single legal challenge to it in court yet.

Makes me nervous that it's going to stick.

MM

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
History repeats itself......

" As the war went on, the British always remembered that without gun control, they could never control America. In 1777, with British victory seeming likely, Colonial Undersecretary William Knox drafted a plan entitled �What Is Fit to Be Done with America?� To ensure that there would be no future rebellions, �[t]he Militia Laws should be repealed and none suffered to be re-enacted, & the Arms of all the People should be taken away, . . . nor should any Foundery or manufactuary of Arms, Gunpowder, or Warlike Stores, be ever suffered in America, nor should any Gunpowder, Lead, Arms or Ordnance be imported into it without Licence . . . .�

To the Americans of the Revolution and the Founding Era, the theory of some late-20th Century courts that the Second Amendment is a �collective right� and not an �individual right� might have seemed incomprehensible. The Americans owned guns individually, in their homes. They owned guns collectively, in their town armories and powder houses. They would not allow the British to confiscate their individual arms, nor their collective arms; and when the British tried to do both, the Revolution began. The Americans used their individual arms and their collective arms to fight against the confiscation of any arms. Americans fought to provide themselves a government that would never perpetrate the abuses that had provoked the Revolution."

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Since the majority of NYS gun owners will not comply with this new law,the only way it can be enforced is through entrapment. If you live in NY be very careful who you deal with.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okie
History repeats itself......

" As the war went on, the British always remembered that without gun control, they could never control America. In 1777, with British victory seeming likely, Colonial Undersecretary William Knox drafted a plan entitled �What Is Fit to Be Done with America?� To ensure that there would be no future rebellions, �[t]he Militia Laws should be repealed and none suffered to be re-enacted, & the Arms of all the People should be taken away, . . . nor should any Foundery or manufactuary of Arms, Gunpowder, or Warlike Stores, be ever suffered in America, nor should any Gunpowder, Lead, Arms or Ordnance be imported into it without Licence . . . .�

To the Americans of the Revolution and the Founding Era, the theory of some late-20th Century courts that the Second Amendment is a �collective right� and not an �individual right� might have seemed incomprehensible. The Americans owned guns individually, in their homes. They owned guns collectively, in their town armories and powder houses. They would not allow the British to confiscate their individual arms, nor their collective arms; and when the British tried to do both, the Revolution began. The Americans used their individual arms and their collective arms to fight against the confiscation of any arms. Americans fought to provide themselves a government that would never perpetrate the abuses that had provoked the Revolution."
This.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
We needed someone to be charged so they had cause, so I'm told. Seems Mr Wassell will have that privilege.

BTW - according to what I read the UC officer made it plainly known that he was a convicted felon. That in fact was a lie, as he is a State Storm Trooper. It will make for an interesting case if they don't scare him into a plea bargain.

Edit - I just read the story out of the Buffalo news. If the picture they showed of the AR is the one he sold, he was screwed even without the new law. The gun shown in the story has all the "evil" parts they outlawed with the AWB in '94 plus several Pmags that have never been legal in NY under the AWB (also unconstitutional IMO). I really hope the guy fights it but he doesn't look like the type to have the funds for a GOOD lawyer. I hope some hot shot attorney steps up and offers a pro-bono on this.

Last edited by bbassi; 03/17/13.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 75 invisible), 3,430 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,423
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.