Print Thread
Hop To
Page 141 of 169 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 168 169
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Just wanted to say to those who were there how much I appreciate and enjoy my time with this great group of people. Last year, I was mostly a stranger to you. This year I was greeted as an old friend, and I can�t tell you how much that means to me. As one of the more senior members, I probably spent more of my conversational time with the older guys than with the younger. And I know I hardly talked at all to a handful of you, though that was entirely by accident. (HAJ, I was very pleased to meet you, though we didn�t get a chance to chat. My fault, and I was as delighted as any to see what a great time your lovely wife was having.) And some of you A-type personalities may have got more of my attention than others because you�re A-type personalities, but some of you quieter guys (and you know who you are) are equally well worth knowing, too.

I certainly hope to be able to meet up with some of you at other times of the year, and I pledge to make more of an effort to see that happen. My heartfelt thanks to the core group of guys who put this together each year. Steve, Bob and Pat are right there at the center of things, but there were others who put in extra effort to make things go smoothly for the rest of us, too. Steve, especially, deserves a place in heaven. First one there, I think, and I know he was the last one to leave, making sure everything was squared away.

I came home a happier and more serene person. That won�t last, of course, but I�m feeling pretty good right now, wink ,and I�ve got a fine eating-pig in my freezer. Thanks, all of you guys.

Well said, my friend.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There were so many classic smart-assed one liners I forgot the nut sack camel toe slam.

I'm still laughing over the difference between a homo and a [bleep].

Ponch is pretty good with the one liners himself.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Now I know why you're in charge of appellate briefs, counselor.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well my hog was wild as they come...he was drinking smoking and cavorting with loose sows...he tried to kick me in the balls and bite me so I gave him 2 steps towards the door and caught up with him around the back of the hollow and put one in his noggin

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just wanted to say to those who were there how much I appreciate and enjoy my time with this great group of people. Last year, I was mostly a stranger to you. This year I was greeted as an old friend, and I can�t tell you how much that means to me. As one of the more senior members, I probably spent more of my conversational time with the older guys than with the younger. And I know I hardly talked at all to a handful of you, though that was entirely by accident. (HAJ, I was very pleased to meet you, though we didn�t get a chance to chat. My fault, and I was as delighted as any to see what a great time your lovely wife was having.) And some of you A-type personalities may have got more of my attention than others because you�re A-type personalities, but some of you quieter guys (and you know who you are) are equally well worth knowing, too.

I certainly hope to be able to meet up with some of you at other times of the year, and I pledge to make more of an effort to see that happen. My heartfelt thanks to the core group of guys who put this together each year. Steve, Bob and Pat are right there at the center of things, but there were others who put in extra effort to make things go smoothly for the rest of us, too. Steve, especially, deserves a place in heaven. First one there, I think, and I know he was the last one to leave, making sure everything was squared away.

I came home a happier and more serene person. That won�t last, of course, but I�m feeling pretty good right now, wink ,and I�ve got a fine eating-pig in my freezer. Thanks, all of you guys.

Well said and the pleasure was mine, sir! We'll do it again sometime.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Well my hog was wild as they come...he was drinking smoking and cavorting with loose sows...he tried to kick me in the balls and bite me so I gave him 2 steps towards the door and caught up with him around the back of the hollow and put one in his noggin

Huh! I didn't know that rockchucker was your hog....

learn something new everyday!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by catman925
Well aint this some shiit, these pics tell it all. What a group of true hard core hunters out there killing them pigs in the fence they roam in, over piles of corn. That must have been difficult as hell especially the fella that was pictured sneaking up on them during their nap time, what a ass. I bet it was about like walking up and killing wilbur from charlottes web, i tell you, you guys should get yall one of them hunting shows. And to think 40 people paid $600 a piece, tell me ole boy wasnt laughing his ass off all the way to the bank. I am sure it was one hell of a time all you [bleep] in one spot at the same time drinking your high class brew and telling lies. Real hunters, give me a [bleep] break. Bout like shooting fish out of a barrell. Did you all get to go down to a barn and pick out tje one you wanted to shoot(notice i didnt say hunt) and have them turn it out before you headed into the woods holding hands and singing kum ba yah? Next year maybe step out a little and try something like fishing in fountain at the mall.

It was a social get together, an excuse to meet other guys on the forum. , the hogs was just some pork to take home for the table. No, it isn't real hunting , it was just a pig shoot to try out some new loads. The food, the shooting on the range, trying out new rifles and handguns was worth the trip, better than you sitting at home playing with yourself. You really think we believe this is real hunting, what a dumb ass post you just made. I don't know if you know this but the only way you can shoot hogs in TN now is in a fenced in Hog Preserve, they now are classified in TN the same as coyotes and ONLY LAND OWNERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHOOT THEM or poison them whichever he chooses . They are no longer on the Big Game list here . You shoot them this way or no way. Nobody wants them , they want them totally eradicated any way possible.

Having private land owners breeding hogs and raising them to be shot for a fee
isnt eradicating them at all.This has all been set up by the powers that be that sit on the TWRC with friends financial interest from their appointed region as the primary unspoken goal.How can they totally eradicated hogs when private land owners breed and raise them continually. That in and of itself is the oxymoron that the TWRC dictates to TWRA as the explanation/official line to the public. When in reality it is to allow breeding and raising of hogs for shooting for a fee. The result is a select few hog farmers statewide with connections to freinds who sit on the TWRC making money.That is the real story behind the smokescreen.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You guys are great and the Food was the best. I realy have something to look forward next year. I hope to stay in the place I learned a lot about the sharps. THANKS GUYS

GRAPEAPE
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Huh! I didn't know that rockchucker was your hog....

learn something new everyday!

OMG!! He shot Bobby!!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, he just "put one in his noggin" eekgrin

There is a difference between a [bleep] and a homo, ya know!

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Aye! Carumba!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Next year, I hope to make the trip. I need a new rifle though, as none of the ones I have now are cool enough for this group. laugh

Sam......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I sure hope you do, Sam.

Pat and Dan are kind of bossy in the kitchen, though.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hell, as long as they do all the work, being bossy is fine with me. laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sam I'd love to have you in the kitchen I could learn a lot from you!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sam I'd love to have you in the kitchen I could learn a lot from you!

True dat. You'd be a very welcome addition Sam.

Just spoke to 7x57Steve and he's enjoying the 70 degree sun in Fl and looking forward to a spring training game. It's 36 and rain here. I told him to GFY. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Were you the guy with the hair-lip and a lisp.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Next year, I hope to make the trip. I need a new rifle though, as none of the ones I have now are cool enough for this group. laugh

Yeah, right. I know you have a stash of some fine Marlin Levers...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Nah - there's been everything there, the two years I have been. In fact even a nice old .30-30 will be appreciated. Heck bring that original M1 Carbine you showed pictures of a while back smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'd be interested to see how the old 30 Carbine works on those critters, and if a man does much walking around in the twilight zone, a light rifle is handy.

Page 141 of 169 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 1,878 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,879
Posts18,497,751
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.