Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice old 30-30s are cool.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
trying to figure out how kill one next year?

it was a good time. i just wished i spent a little more time talking with some of you guys.

anyone heard from my BFF yet?

FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
bill it's in the mail

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Just wanted to say to those who were there how much I appreciate and enjoy my time with this great group of people. Last year, I was mostly a stranger to you. This year I was greeted as an old friend, and I can�t tell you how much that means to me. As one of the more senior members, I probably spent more of my conversational time with the older guys than with the younger. And I know I hardly talked at all to a handful of you, though that was entirely by accident. (HAJ, I was very pleased to meet you, though we didn�t get a chance to chat. My fault, and I was as delighted as any to see what a great time your lovely wife was having.) And some of you A-type personalities may have got more of my attention than others because you�re A-type personalities, but some of you quieter guys (and you know who you are) are equally well worth knowing, too.

I certainly hope to be able to meet up with some of you at other times of the year, and I pledge to make more of an effort to see that happen. My heartfelt thanks to the core group of guys who put this together each year. Steve, Bob and Pat are right there at the center of things, but there were others who put in extra effort to make things go smoothly for the rest of us, too. Steve, especially, deserves a place in heaven. First one there, I think, and I know he was the last one to leave, making sure everything was squared away.

I came home a happier and more serene person. That won�t last, of course, but I�m feeling pretty good right now, wink ,and I�ve got a fine eating-pig in my freezer. Thanks, all of you guys.

+ 1 again for Tom's thoughts.

A great low-key get-together and shoot stuff deal with, to a man, all great people and quite a few real characters. Laughs and good company abound, as are opportunities to stomp the woods or just burn gunpowder and share our stuff back and forth.

Thanks to everyone present (nearing 40?), but especially Steve and Pugs for the coordinating, and Bob, Pat, Dan, and anyone am not also aware of for your special contributions and planning and cooking and generally chill dude statuses. Enjoyed seeing familiar faces and putting new faces to old handles/names; bunch of good eggs, even you screwy ones (if you're wondering, you're screwy). George, thanks for dropping the syrup on my bed before leaving, Jason for the Leinie's delivery and good WI company, and also to Bobby for respecting that "No means no," you sick bastid. To Bill for sharing insights on muzzie ballistics, pretty darn cool. And thanks to an old sow who gave up 55# of meat!

Looking froward to a certain wrastel'd piggy photo showing up wearing Bob's campfire orange t-shirt.

So, the I-40 curse continues. Last year, incurred some nice expensive damage on a TN pothole westbound just over the NC border. This year? REPEAT, but eastbound. A big azz highway construction cone flew off a pickup ahead of me and she took it right on the left chin, blowing the bumper, lights to hell tweaking the drivers quarter panel. F-me, already. crazy

[Linked Image]

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
sandcritter.......ouch on the I40 mishap! We saw a turkey do a header into the hood/windshield of a SUV on our way north on Saturday. Heavy damage and I'm thinking some soiled drawers only as expected.

I appreciate your insight into Barrett's and will do my best to heed it!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
but i thought u were hinting and leading on

FJB
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Another one in the books.....

After four hours to reflect while driving (I don't count the first 14 hours because conversation with Jim is a lot more fun than reflecting.......informative, a little disturbing grin, but fun)!

A lot of what I would have said has already been put down, so I'll not waste the time. Steve, thanks for the hard work organizing this fiasco. You make all this possible (well...you and Pugs' lists).

I had a blast walking the ridges with a great group of guys....CT, Bobby, Mac, Rattler, Doc and J. It's been a while since I've laughed like that. Bobby, don't mind that empty case, the .45 will be well cared for.

Pat and Dan, outstanding job...thanks! It's difficult to be told "no you can't help" so many times for a guy with my personality but I survived. I'd have [bleep] something up anyway.

The new faces were a welcome addition. I won't use the word "hunt" but given what a guy like Rich has been through, I'm glad to see him come down and get out on his feet and shed some blood. Steelhead, well what can a guy say. He's exactly what I had prepared for (yes, that's a compliment).

BG and his son were, as always, great to talk with. It's actually interesting to see a young man want to associate with guys like "us". I did note that they stayed in the Masters' Quarters this year.

Jerry, it was great to see you again pard. I wish I could have helped with the stress from the prior week. Thank you for bringing Mr. Bagwell with you. Speaking of, it was an eye-opener for me to watch his videos/pics and learn more (Jim provided my formative education) in regards to the Sharps and its capabilities. I particularly enjoyed the "twofer" on warthogs.

Bob was, as always, taking the most abuse with the most patience. A finer gentleman you will be hard pressed to find. J-Dub got schit done with the handgun this year in honor of 'Hornet....and brought beer!

Jeff, thanks for brining some "dessert" and I had a blast talking ball and knives. I was happy to meet one of the "TN Crew" finally.

Schit....I know I forgot folks and didn't mean to. More to follow.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
HAJ and Mrs. HAJ (yes, I remember your name but didn't want it in post), I was extremely glad to be able to meet you folks face-to-face. It's nice to see someone enjoying themselves like Mrs. HAJ. She could teach some of the more prolific posters here something. She likely busted more primers this weekend then some of them will all year. Ditto on the spilled blood (to say nothing of the 'shine grin ). I'd also like to thank you for bringing Little Gunner. Every once in a while I need someone on hand that actually operates at Pat's level......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's no easy task being Pat's personal bartender for 4 days, but it's what I do.

Thank you again George for the Maple Syrup. You should snap a few photos of the operation (trees, lines etc) sometime.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Not a bad idea. I guess I take it for granted having lived in the "syrup belt" my entire life.

As to the other, it's the least I could do.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rockchucker
trying to figure out how kill one next year?

it was a good time. i just wished i spent a little more time talking with some of you guys.

anyone heard from my BFF yet?
I'm fine Bobby

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the other BFF georgie

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's no easy task being Pat's personal bartender for 4 days, but it's what I do.

It can't be much harder than recovering from your bartending.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Just wanted to say to those who were there how much I appreciate and enjoy my time with this great group of people. Last year, I was mostly a stranger to you. This year I was greeted as an old friend, and I can�t tell you how much that means to me. As one of the more senior members, I probably spent more of my conversational time with the older guys than with the younger. And I know I hardly talked at all to a handful of you, though that was entirely by accident. (HAJ, I was very pleased to meet you, though we didn�t get a chance to chat. My fault, and I was as delighted as any to see what a great time your lovely wife was having.) And some of you A-type personalities may have got more of my attention than others because you�re A-type personalities, but some of you quieter guys (and you know who you are) are equally well worth knowing, too.

I certainly hope to be able to meet up with some of you at other times of the year, and I pledge to make more of an effort to see that happen. My heartfelt thanks to the core group of guys who put this together each year. Steve, Bob and Pat are right there at the center of things, but there were others who put in extra effort to make things go smoothly for the rest of us, too. Steve, especially, deserves a place in heaven. First one there, I think, and I know he was the last one to leave, making sure everything was squared away.

I came home a happier and more serene person. That won�t last, of course, but I�m feeling pretty good right now, wink ,and I�ve got a fine eating-pig in my freezer. Thanks, all of you guys.

Same here Tom, and very good to see you again sir.

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Nice old 30-30s are cool.

Yes Sir they are. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Another one in the books.....

After four hours to reflect while driving (I don't count the first 14 hours because conversation with Jim is a lot more fun than reflecting.......informative, a little disturbing grin, but fun)!

A lot of what I would have said has already been put down, so I'll not waste the time. Steve, thanks for the hard work organizing this fiasco. You make all this possible (well...you and Pugs' lists).

I had a blast walking the ridges with a great group of guys....CT, Bobby, Mac, Rattler, Doc and J. It's been a while since I've laughed like that. Bobby, don't mind that empty case, the .45 will be well cared for.

Pat and Dan, outstanding job...thanks! It's difficult to be told "no you can't help" so many times for a guy with my personality but I survived. I'd have [bleep] something up anyway.

The new faces were a welcome addition. I won't use the word "hunt" but given what a guy like Rich has been through, I'm glad to see him come down and get out on his feet and shed some blood. Steelhead, well what can a guy say. He's exactly what I had prepared for (yes, that's a compliment).

BG and his son were, as always, great to talk with. It's actually interesting to see a young man want to associate with guys like "us". I did note that they stayed in the Masters' Quarters this year.

Jerry, it was great to see you again pard. I wish I could have helped with the stress from the prior week. Thank you for bringing Mr. Bagwell with you. Speaking of, it was an eye-opener for me to watch his videos/pics and learn more (Jim provided my formative education) in regards to the Sharps and its capabilities. I particularly enjoyed the "twofer" on warthogs.

Bob was, as always, taking the most abuse with the most patience. A finer gentleman you will be hard pressed to find. J-Dub got schit done with the handgun this year in honor of 'Hornet....and brought beer!

Jeff, thanks for brining some "dessert" and I had a blast talking ball and knives. I was happy to meet one of the "TN Crew" finally.

Schit....I know I forgot folks and didn't mean to. More to follow.

George

Hope ya enjoyed that little Nitro George, many thanks for the maple syrup and good to see you again as well Bro.

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Enjoyed is an understatement! That kinda sums up the weekend. Where else would a po' public servant get his mitts on a beautiful double like that. To actually take it out and bloody it........

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks, big time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must be nice. Gunner kinda avoided me this year. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Enjoyed is an understatement! That kinda sums up the weekend. Where else would a po' public servant get his mitts on a beautiful double like that. To actually take it out and bloody it........

LOL, you may be the first to slay a hog in Tennessee with a 500 Nitro George, but maybe not the last. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 142 of 169 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (358WCF, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 29aholic, 12 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,207
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.