Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I bought a Z6 scope last yr with a plex and it had really fine cross hairs. I couldn't see them if a deer was in a woodline at dark. I called the service dept to see if I could do something with the recticle and was told that this yrs plex is about 2 times larger than last. They will change it for 170 dollars if I send it in. Has anyone saw the difference betwen last yr and this or had the recticle changed?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 1.7-10 (Z6) with the light plex reticle. I've also seen the new, heavier reticle and it IS much better. I'm told the additional cost is because the Z6 is an etched-glass reticel and not 'wires' or physical cross-hairs. I'm going to send mine in for the change; my eyes will appreciate the change. Swarovski made a mid-run change to the heavier plex. Unfortunately there is no telling externally, or from the SKU/P-N if it has the heavier plex reticle.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gonewest
I bought a Z6 scope last yr with a plex and it had really fine cross hairs. I couldn't see them if a deer was in a woodline at dark. I called the service dept to see if I could do something with the recticle and was told that this yrs plex is about 2 times larger than last. They will change it for 170 dollars if I send it in. Has anyone saw the difference betwen last yr and this or had the recticle changed?
Been discussed many times the thiness of Swaro plex. The 4a-7a reticle is much better for hunting/range shooting. I think Swaro made a mistake with the design of the plex reticle....it's useless. Sucks spending $170 to get a replacement reticle...should have been a recall IMO.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Changing the Z5 3.5-18x44 BT plex to German #4 cost $125.

That plex was WAY too light, although the Z3 4-12x50 BT plex is OK. Go figure.

I would like to compare the heavier Z6 plex with the VX-6 Duplex. To me, the 2-12x42 Duplex is about right for general use and hunting.

Is the Z6 FFP or SFP?

DF

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
SFP

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by slg888
Been discussed many times the thiness of Swaro plex. The 4a-7a reticle is much better for hunting/range shooting. I think Swaro made a mistake with the design of the plex reticle....it's useless. Sucks spending $170 to get a replacement reticle...should have been a recall IMO.
I agree 100 percent and although its my fault I bought the scope it cost me a giant Alberta buck that I couldn't find in the cross hairs under low light. For the money it cost and supposedly "BEST" in the market they should fix for free.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
[quote=slg888][quote=gonewest] For the money it cost and supposedly "BEST" in the market they should fix for free.

Great CS at Swaro, but reticle swaps and retro-fits are on you. Their marketing error regarding reticle offerings becomes your expense.

I've become a VX-6 fan and don't think I'll be paying a premium for any more Alpha Euro glass. Now, if I can pick one up used for a good price, maybe. Alpha Euros are just not two to three times better than a VX-6. And, you don't have to swap out reticles, because the std. Leupold Duplex is about ideal for hunting. And, with the CDS, a lot of performance for the buck, IMHO.

DF

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Anyone have a picture comparing these to reticle? In the market for a Z5 but want to make sure I get the heavier plex and not the old one.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I would like to see one also. If I find one I'll post it and hopefully another member will too if they find a picture.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z5 and Z6 reticles are different, in that the Z6 uses etched-glass reticles and the Z5 uses 'wires'. Thus the comparison is somewhat tainted.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Z5 and Z6 reticles are different, in that the Z6 uses etched-glass reticles and the Z5 uses 'wires'. Thus the comparison is somewhat tainted.

We can still see if we like one more than the other. Especially if the photos of both are taken against a 1" grid target set at the same range.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 53 invisible), 17,666 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,889
Posts18,538,519
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.