Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Buy used. Leica Ultravids, non HD can be found reasonable.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
You don't hunt much do you?

scenar, you know you can't reason with a fool. They beat you with experience every time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wageslave

Buy a used premium pair in great condition...

damn good advice. Can't really improve on that. And I offered up a mint set of Leica Trinovids. You can still get'em - but they are over on Ebay now.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
You don't know much ......

Sorry Pat, had to go back and fix your previous post to Ringman.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tanner
Good god...

It's one thing to troll for your favorite brand of optic, rifle, stocks etc.., but to state you point a gun at something unknown, especially on a hunting site, is down right stupid.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Always a great feeling to know there are idiots in the hills scoping unknown targets with their rifle..Not only that but recommending others do the same..Wasnt it just last year that an OREGON hunter killed someone doing that BS??

Anyway, I use mostly swaro but there are many great choices..

This battery has served me well, STS 80mm with 20-60x and a 30x fixed, SLC 15x56 and EL 10x32's..I really need a rangefinder upgrade, but that old Leica LRF still works great. Also I've never used a switch power bino that I liked,that includes Leica's let alone the junk being recommended earlier in this thread, dont wast your money there.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice stuff there rosco. Totally agree with you on the switchpower binos. I wouldn't use a pair if they were given to me. The only zoom type bino I'd use is the Leica duovid....they are very nice. The rest are trash.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rosco1
This battery has served me well,

yup.......

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
to state you point a gun at something unknown, especially on a hunting site, is down right stupid.

You bet! Who posted they point a gun at something unknowwn?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nice stuff there rosco. Totally agree with you on the switchpower binos. I wouldn't use a pair if they were given to me. The only zoom type bino I'd use is the Leica duovid....they are very nice. The rest are trash.

The rosco1 included Leica in the undesirables. He likes what he likes. You like Leica. I like Nikon variable and '99 likes Leupold switch power. Why should one try to look down on anyone else because they prefer something else?

Not everyone can afford what you or rosco1 can so they should be aware of other options.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
to state you point a gun at something unknown, especially on a hunting site, is down right stupid.

You bet! Who posted they point a gun at something unknowwn?

This guy did....

I guess you can see I don't subscribe to the idea a scope is just an aiming device.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I think was inferred is that if a deer is spotted at a distance with your binoculars you might scope it to see if it's shootable.

Many of us have rifle scopes with more magnification than our binoculars.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Savage_99,

What I think was inferred is that if a deer is spotted at a distance with your binoculars you might scope it to see if it's shootable.

Don't post logic to him. He read the original post and chose to try to be an internet bully by taking part of it out of context. It is a religion with some here so they can't help it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just one example of dozens of posts where you state you use a high powered riflescope in place of a spotting scope. In fact there was one post where you were telling someone they didn't need a spotting scope if the had a 4.5-30 Bushnell Elite scope Rich. I don't know how posting your direct quotes is "bullying" you either. OK, I just saw that I used the word, "dummy" and shouldn't have. My apologies.

Plus I don't like to make a habit of "spotting" with my rifle.

I don't know anyone who doesn't look through a rifle scope at animals. I do read about folks on the net who claim they don't.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 7025Jack
"Buy once, cry once. You'll waste more money in the long run chasing what you really want than you would just buying it and getting it over with."

NOW! THAT, is a great statement! It's what I am always thinking but that sums it up pretty well!

It took me forty-odd years to learn that...it is the credo I now live by.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
RDFinn,

Just one example of dozens of posts where you state you use a high powered riflescope in place of a spotting scope.

If you were to post the whole quotes you would contradict yourself. You know I suggest everytime someone point the scope at something they have established is game with their binos or unaided eyes. You seem to get joy from going off on these tangents and getting others to follow.

If you or anyone else here or in real life tells me they never spotted game, pointed their gun at it and then didn't shoot it I wouldn't believe them.

The vast majority of hunters' scopes max out at maybe 14X as in a 4 1/2-14X. I remember suggesting folks practice with their scope set on its highest setting, then put it on its lowest for hunting, so if they forget and have it on its highest setting it's what they are used to. Of course consistent with the internet bullies someone tried to make me look bad by suggesting the game would jump at 15 yards and disappear at 16 yards. That type of thing happens with open sights. If one doesn't practice quick gun handling it won't make any difference what they are carrying.

Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by huntsman22
This battery has served me well,

yup.......

[Linked Image]

Huntsman: could you id those binos just for size comparison? I'm shopping to "cry once".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
10x EL's and CL's

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Savage_99,

Don't post logic to him. He read the original post and chose to try to be an internet bully by taking part of it out of context. It is a religion with some here so they can't help it.

Meeting of the [bleep]' minds right here...

To the OP, I have used the Steiner Peregrines the past two seasons and I am very happy with them.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Anyway, I use mostly swaro but there are many great choices..

I will have to admit that I like Swarovski as well. I have owned about every kind of higher end glass at one time or another.
Accumulating good glass takes more than one time of "pain of purchase", but after you have a few items, you can always use them. And if you need a new truck or house, you can sell off a few of them and get it...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,799
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.