Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 229 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 228 229
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I agree, the 25-06 really is more of a thumper. Just a tad shy of a .270 Winnie. If I had to do it all over again I'd go with a 25-06. I didn't cause I had an older friend that talked about the .270 Winnie. SO, like a younger brother,,,,, I got one too. I love the .270 Winnie, but a guy can get it done every time with a 25-06 with a bit less kick. I still like the .243 Winnie but only saw one deer get shot with one, my son, 12 hammered a big doe. When my son shot ,it ran and thought here goes a wounded deer. It layed 40 ' away. And a way forward shot too. Since then I agree it's works well, but lets not insult each other over it hay.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/20/13.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Which one Tanner?

My 25/06 is being reborn here pretty soon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gonna wow you wankers with a 10 twist coupled with .379 BC and Kentucky windage....grin

420 yard dog flamer setup.

Now all I need is the damn gun to show up!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice lookin' accessories Sam! That'll kick some butt, fo' sho!

Decided on a paint job for the gun yet? grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reservation Red Tanner!

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I haven't read through the posts but I would choose the .243 over the 25/06 any day all day long..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nappy Dumbo,

Knock it outta the park for your Window Licking Brethren and say a leetle sumptin' about your "versatile loads" in the 25-06...if only because them "particulars" will be funnier than [bleep]. Feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend you deem requisite,to try and make that Dog,Hunt.

Wax eloquent on how in your "experience",that more recoil,more drift,more drop,less "energy",a longer action,more noise and more money are your version of increased "versatility". Please don't let the cat get your tongue or the couch get your [bleep].

Where do you amazingly dumb [bleep] come from?

Wow.

'hookem,

I'm impressed that you are dumb enough,to say the stupid [bleep] schit you do and are oblivious enough to take yourself serious. Thanks for those laughs! Someone who "knows" as "much" as you do,would do well to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same...but here's to the hilarity of your being powerless to refrain and to the incredible magnitude of your Stupidity.

Cheer up,noone can insult you better than you can and Sugar Titts...you's on fire!

Laffin'!

Tanner,

I hear good things about the 243 myself.(grin)

Sammo,

I feel your pain.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm typically happiest with FL bushings and no expander ball...though you gotta sometimes roll Retro to iron out maligned virgins,bruised in shipment here to Kansas. While the Sierra 85HPBT is an epic POS,the schit really hits the fan with the .234BC Speer 75's and it'd take some doin' to trump it's worthlessness.

As an aside,I'd whirl a coupla 105 Max's if for nothin' more than a lark in the Montucky 1-10",if just to see WTF. For conversation my 1-10" Shilen 6mm Rem AI stabilized same...though of course we's talkin' more RPM due to the velocity increase over a SAAMI 243. You may dodge a bullet,though the odds is ugly.

Pun be intended.

Tom,

It's much to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere,that the 25-06 cain't hang.

Thinkin' I'm in the 243Win camp,myself.(grin)

This is SERIOUSLY funny schit!

(Addendum for Sammo):

For the 95,I'd be thinking 15 or 17. The CC's don't horn me up,but nuttin' Nosler does and it amazes me,that they's content to suck. Ordered 10 boxes of 105 Max's last night and they was under 20 clams a pop.

Many of the advantages of reloading,are negated by trying to cut corners and do schit,less the entire parcel in hand(or ever having had it in hand). I like the pony in front of the [bleep] cart...not behind it. I cain't even like to size virgins,less the rifle in my mitts,but positive headspace control is sumptin' I poke a thunk into and I assuredly ain't above driving false shoulders outta da gate. So I'll either score beeger diameter virgins,or often neck 'em up,then back down.

I don't [bleep] around during load development and don't wanna reload any more rounds than requisite,to get to the Finish Line and subsequent Mass Production. Doubly so,because I live in a Moly World and start with a Clinically Pristine bore. All that ladder [bleep] cracks me the [bleep] up and bumping schit in micro increments,is a great way to [bleep] away lotsa components and spin wheels,while attempting to let the cart pull the horse. None of that [bleep] around,is for me. I've long kept good notes and it's seldom(never),that I cross paths with a chambering SAAMI or otherwise,that I cain't extrapolate to,from primers spent in the past.

Long way of saying,I'd neither size,nor seat,less having the rifle in my mitts at the time. If it took me 5 pokes to settle on a load,I weren't payin' proper attention.(grin)

The 95 will kiss from inside the box.

Been a long/busy day. Shot for a goodly spell this afternoon,then a coupla pards swung by with a sick rifle(700 Classic 243) and before it was over,I had it all yanked apart to fix the [bleep] ups and then got to loading for it. Took 3 pokes to find the 95 SST load(boolits he swooned) and a like number for the 105 Max(which I gave him a box of,because I couldn't stand to let him suffer them horrid SST's). Hornady brass/H414 in both,because it's what he had. I've got more stocks,mounts/rings and scopes loaned out now,I'll be doing good to remember half of it.(grin)

Then it was dinner,then I went to mass producing K-Hornet and 223AI fodder,then I finished a book over coffee("Damn Few" by Rorke Denver and a fair read BTW). Took a pizz and figured I'd see what these clueless dumbphucks were yacking about and got to laughing all over again.(grin)

The rifle was a Goat [bleep]. Stock was well cracked,muzzle slammed full of nasty schit,schit crammed on the chamber wall,bases looser than [bleep],the front base extended the wrong way(over the ejection port),trigger horrid,yada,yada...the usual Newb Schit.

Bore and chamber came clean,mainly because it ain't been used much in this Kansas weather.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

'Bout time to waltz upstairs,play in the box the kids came in and mebbe call it a night. Just pizzed off the porch and see there's about 1/2" of fresh tracking snow that just transpired...which don't hurt my heart.

Bet tomorrow don't suck either.(grin)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick, what powder, H4350, R17?

How do the Nosler CC work out? I was looking the other day and they are a little easier to find.

One more, you have any idea if a guy can seat the 95 BT's out to useable 'magbox length'(2.815"?) and not be into the the lands?

I was gonna load some up while waiting on the rifle, guess I can always double check and seat them deeper if need be. More or less curious.

And WTF you doing up, workin'?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Gonna wow you wankers with a 10 twist coupled with .379 BC and Kentucky windage....grin

[Linked Image]

Sam rumor has it those new BT boxes are a bish laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Damn, dude...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That BT box was a sonuvabitch....grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both 25-06 and 243. I have killed plenty with both and continue to use both.

My take on it is a 25-06 with a load of 52.5 grains of IMR-4350 and a 100 grain Nosler BT will kill deader more reliably, with less shots at longer range than the 243.

Other than that a 243 kills pretty dead at anything shorter than the distances the 25-06 is capable of...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

My take on it is a 25-06 with a load of 52.5 grains of IMR-4350 and a 100 grain Nosler BT will kill deader more reliably, with less shots at longer range than the 243.

Ha!
Now that's a hoot!!!
"Kills deader"......lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Either kills stuff dead enuff. smile Some of my buddies refer to my 243AI as the "deadly lazer of death" notice how they dead in there twice, yea it is that deadly. smile I never had a 25/06 but have toasted one 25x284 barrel and a bunch of 6mm tubes. The disparity in the number of barrels shot out tells me I like the 6s.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tanner, do you have a link for K7's rifle?

I do...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by Tanner
Bastard... That looks awesome.

Shoots too! My first 700 MR -- I ignored them for way too many years.

Sometimes I do what I do not want to do....

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Tanner, do you have a link for K7's rifle?

I do...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That looks awesome.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

You want it back?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. It looks even better behind a dead deer...

[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You want it back?

We can talk, Mr. Cooper...

ALDO LEOPOLD
Page 8 of 229 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, Anaconda, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,411
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.