Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gene270 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
thinking of a hustler super duty model anybody have one or recommend another brand

thanks
gene

GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I bought a hustler recently after seeing friends use them and use them hard for a couple of years. They have had zero problems. Fast track model 48 inch cut. Only used mine once so far, but like it. Guess time will tell...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

X-Mark's are very good

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have had a Scag Turf Tiger since 2005 & would highly recommend the Scag line of mowers. Mine has the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, which was a little more costly, but well worth it. I have some steep inclines on my property & the Scag easily tackles this type of terrain. I mow quite a bit of acerage & the Scag has cut my mowing time down considerably.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Toro.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm a foreman on a lawn crew. I've used alot of different zero turn mowers but never a hustler. Find a Local dealer that has great service and keeps parts on hand. Buy whatever mower best fits your budget and needs.Everything else will work itself out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I have had a Scag Turf Tiger since 2005 & would highly recommend the Scag line of mowers. Mine has the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, which was a little more costly, but well worth it. I have some steep inclines on my property & the Scag easily tackles this type of terrain. I mow quite a bit of acerage & the Scag has cut my mowing time down considerably.

If you have inclines, it is very important to check climbing ability. Also, if you have uneven ground, check how well it handles that without scalping.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
I'm a foreman on a lawn crew. I've used alot of different zero turn mowers but never a hustler. Find a Local dealer that has great service and keeps parts on hand. Buy whatever mower best fits your budget and needs.Everything else will work itself out.

What he said. Local dealer who stocks parts does his own repair.
I recommend Grasshopper for comfort and reliability, based on mowing about 450 hours a year.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Have had an Exmark, a Ferris ( with the suspension ) and demoed a Dixi Chopper. The ferris was great on rough terrain but parts were a little expensive. The exmark just keeps running.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had an Exmark for a summer, love it so far.

My good friend from college is an engineer at Hustler. He used to work for Great Plains (in Salina,Kansas) they made a lesser known zero turn that he said to stay away from.

My boss in high school had a 90's era Grasshopper that was pretty buLlet-proof.

Dad has a Marty J made out in Western Kansas that isn't disposable, quite repairable, but he said my Exmark is a lot more comfortable to mow with.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
It must have two beverage holders.....and room for a cooler.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a new Hustler Z diesel about 3 years ago after looking at every zero turn available in this area. I wanted a diesel powered commercial grade mower and that is what I bought.

I researched down to the individual component level on the hydraulic pumps, motors, filters and coolers........I looked at Hustler, Bad Boy, Scag, Toro, X-Mark, Dixie Chopper, cub cadet, Kubota, Grasshopper and probably a few I have forgotten.

The Scag was nice, and I looked hard at it......but it was overpriced for what you got.......many brands, including scag, share the same pumps, hydraulic motors and engines.....it came down to paying extra money for the Scag name.

I narrowed my choice down to Bad Boy and Hustler.........Hustler has the best warranty in the business.....and the best steering.......the deck is much better built than most and the deck height adjustment is simple and rugged.......Hustler has been in the zero turn game longer than anyone else.

I also frequented commercial landscaping forums like Lawnsite and did a lot of reading......didn't take long to find out how well Hustler takes care of problems.

And, yes, it has 2 cup holders! grin

Best part......It cut my mowing time in half........I have never regretted the purchase.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like my Exmark but cant go wrong with a Hustler or Scag either.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
W
W
I just bought a brand new 54" (not super duty) for $5,000. I know it's not the best mower on the market but think it's a good value at the price point. I only mow 2.5 acres and couldn't justify the additional $800 to upgrade to the super duty (commercial engine, folding rops, better warranty).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to make a decision in 2009. Did a TON of research. Spent my money on a Kubota diesel ZD 326. LOTS of power, well built, no issues so far and it will be around after I am gone. Buy what it is right for your budget, the job at hand and pleases you. Cry once/buy once and don't look back. Good luck with your decision!

"I will remain what I am until the day I die- A HUNTER"......Sitting Bull
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One bit of advice that I'd offer is be sure to get a welded deck and not a stamped metal deck. I bought a Kubota diesel 61 inch cut because I buy off road diesel for my tractor. Haven't regretted it for a second.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have used Toro for 29 years and never have had any trouble with them great products.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
i have a hustler fastrac super duty 54" and 60" , both with the 26hp kaw. They have been awesome....hard to beat at that price point

Hardin284
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We sell Bush Hog ZTM's where I work. Sold a bunch with few real problems. Three different series available: Home Owner, Professional & Commercial. Most any width that suits you up to 73" cut & choice of Kawasaki, Kohler, Briggs or Honda engines (they've been working on a diesel model that hopefully will be available soon according to our rep). Early models had some trouble with brake pawls but they seem to have that fixed now. One of the guys that works with me has a contract to mow all of the school ball fields in the county & has around 5000 hours on his with little else than regular maintenance cost. Likes it well enough he just bought a new one just like it last season to take on more contracts.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

This here.

>>>--->
It was mentioned above, but a welded deck is better than a stamped deck.

One other note: The zero turns I've had experience with don't turn real well on side hills, great on flats with obstacles though.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.