-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 229 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 228 229
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a 243 and a 25-06. Sold them both and settled on this.

6mm-284 Mickey stock
Shilen super match SS 1:8
All duracoated.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Just shoot me a text Marty. You never wanted to sell it anyway and you have an Edge on order.

You know me -- I'd probably pull the barrel and put it in an ugly stock. I may be ready to buy something new anyway!?!?

Thanks my brother!!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Boxer
Farmtoy,

I'll happily fuel your Imagination,so you can practice your Pretend.

The point is that it's impossible to quantify in words,how [bleep] incredibly Stupid you are,though I'm enjoying the humor of your attempt to do just that. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next whine,as you frantically schlep Stupidity to places it's never been before and obliviously deal belly laugh,after belly laugh.

Nearly forgot to fuel your Imagination...here you go. 25 Style.

[Linked Image]

Some fair to middlin' Kansas Trout.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

RDW,

I always could separate the wheat from the chaff.

Despite 100's(and 100's) of tries in different barrels,I've yet to see a rifle that had to be loaded backwards,to shine. Pulling spark plugs is of less than zero interest to me and things never don't not perk at it's potential.

I've zero interest in scarring my Manly Beauty and have zero interest in the flashiest chrono reading in the 'hood. What do interest me,is downrange performance and little of that hinges upon 100yd "satisfactions". I view The 100 as a place to sort initial queries,due the lack of atmospheric at such modest distances,as well as a place to make initial erector critiques. Have yet to see copious ES/SD be positive things,or as of yet,had trite values be a concession...atta distance further along the line.

It seems most of The Hip Crowd(them who think they shoot a smidge) is fixated upon whatever the word of the day is and then they affix Tinfoil Hats and conduct business in Lemming Leaps. It'd be hard to slight the humor of the stampede,but Boobs leading Boobs...ain't a recipe for extracting the potential of a platform. So I get to hear it all,because there never ain't not a long line of exceedingly dumb [bleep] who fancy themselves as having a clue,just waiting to "tell" me something about barrels,boolits,boolistics and the like(as you'll note here within),yet are devoid a first [bleep] inkling and simply mired in their dumbphucktitude by default. It IS a hilarious recipe for never ending humor and the schit never don't not crack me the [bleep] up.

Soooooooo...if someone wishes to hitch their cart in front of their pony,bet your azz I'll happily watch the show. I've long had a knack for cutting to the [bleep] chase,as well as paintin' a purty picture and can only lead 'em to water...I cain't make 'em drink(and enjoy it most when they stand there lock-legged in refrain).

Now if you wanna play with "nodes","vibration","harmonics" or whatever in the [bleep] the word of the day is,have at it and make .1gr propellant jumps and run away from the lands and set the world on fire in general.(grin) Reduced atmospheric influence comes only 1 way,within any given chambering and that's by opting good BC's,at good speeds. Were you to look over your shoulders,you'll note a veddy,veddy impressive display of how to reliably [bleep] that simplistic fact up,by the herd of Window Lickers in proximity. They've run the gamut in their collective dumbphucktitude and it's only funny,because they ARE doing the best they can,with what incredibly little they have to work with. Hilarious [bleep] schit,from start to finish,to having a herd of Lemming wantonly trying to outdumbphuck one another for the first leap offa the cliff.

I'd get into bedding/deadening with RVT or similar,but the Vulcan Mindphuck would have all the Lemmings leapin' and what [bleep] fun is that?!!?(grin)

Again,if you can't knock it(Load Development) outta da Park in wayyyyyyyyy under 10 pokes...you's [bleep] the dog. Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Hint.

'holton,

It's your Imagination,please feel free to Pretend with it as you please. I'd really love to see a video of your Hissy Fit as you wax eloquent on your Estrogen fueled Vagina Monologue and stamp your itty-bitty feet(don't forget to hold your breath too!). Might I be able to purchase a copy? Thanks!

I know...I know,you are a Student of Biqsqueeze's Mall Ninja Karate Academy and your vest weighs more than Magnumdooshes'. Laffin'! Plus you are sworn to a Secret Squirrel Oath,to never divulge pics of your "pursuits" in the flesh.

You amazingly inept Do Nothing Dumbphucks are a [bleep] riot! No wonder your Imagination is so "accomplished".

Wow.

rick',

Boolits still matter more than headstamps and of course not all diameters is equal to start with.

Them facts,do [bleep] with pointy heads.

'Hunter,

I reckon you might could be well ahead of the curve,though in fairness...much of the class ain't got schit for brains.(grin)

However,I do enjoy a good Drag Race and these clueless [bleep] looking to out-dumbphuck eachother for the "Win",is reliably EPIC comedy. Be careful or you'll horn one or more up. Laffin'!

Who's your money on?!?

colorado,

The ascending increments you reference,are in recoil...not terminal affects. Curiously enough,recoil ain't an indicator of anything on the muzzle end of the equation.

For conversation the .277" 90 has a BC of sub .200(.195),which is well shy that of a .224" 40grainer(.220). The 222 Remington will launch a 40 at 3600fps and if that realm of flight characteristics is "Sinister Varmint Performance",then I'm impressed,that you impress that easily. 'Course The Deuce with the aforementioned 40,will slap that 270 load you cited in drop/drift,though on the "bright side" the 270 will burn an extry 30grs of powder(over double The Deuce charge) to come in 2nd. But...you'll be able to brag up the recoil increase,so you'll have that "going" for you.

Slicing the pie a bit differently and using an arbitrary velocity threshold of 2000fps,while allowing shrapnel's goggles to play,here is how the dust settles. A "lowly" 243 squirting a 105 at 3000fps will stay 2000fps+ to the 625yd line. The vaunted 25-06 Goggle Load will make 520yds at a 3350 launch. Your 270 load makes it to 300yds with the 3400fps launch you cite. Points awarded,if none of that sinks in!

The faster you lose your fixation with headstamps and the sooner you focus boolits instead,the sooner you'll connect your first dot.

Hint.

shrapnel,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you clammed right the [bleep] and again returned to Whining. Laffin'!

I mean what else could someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you do?!!?

Bless your heart and your "Hard Charging" ways.

Laffin'!

(Addendum)

'tis,

I've only (2) 6-284's.

S/A 700 clip slotted and forward lug cut receiver,for Marty's double-lugged 20MOA rail,all punched 8x40. TPS alloys,3.5-10x M1,#3 1-8" Brux at 23",Sako Hunter,Atlas DBM,Alpha2 which happily digests the 105 A-Max 2.950" kiss. Gunning the works at 3325fps and diggin' it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If only because Blue,reliably gets the Windowlicking [bleep] Whiners...whining. Tossed a 25 in the works,if only to fuel their Imaginations.

[Linked Image]

'Course I got's me this "hunch",that there prolly ain't too many colors I don't gun and that spectrum just might cover a coupla/few chamberings. Laffin'! A shame that The Paper Hat Brigade seems to have lost their steam,because it was funnier than [bleep] and a right proper dichotomy of a shame...that they yet cain't savvy just how [bleep] amazingly stupid they are.

MUCH enjoyed The Goggle Chronicles!

[bleep] WOW +P!

Sometimes it is sad to see mental illness on display. Hope you get the help you so desperately need.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trust me he doesn't need help. He also doesn't tolerate BS all that well and fishes with a delicate cast. Well, maybe not all the delicate, but it still is productive.

Last edited by battue; 03/22/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Just shoot me a text Marty. You never wanted to sell it anyway and you have an Edge on order.

You know me -- I'd probably pull the barrel and put it in an ugly stock. I may be ready to buy something new anyway!?!?

Thanks my brother!!

No problem. I'd like to have a few back I've sold over the years.....now I have more money to spend!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Adirondackbushwhack
The 25-06 can do anything the 243 can do only it does it better.

'bushdumbphucker,

Your sheer and utter cluelessness,is magnificent in it's magnitude and here's to the humor associated(with the fact)...that you are doing the best that you can. Looking forward to an encore presentation of your enthusiastic Whine,as you attempt to cajole a way to pawn off your amazing ineptitude,as being someone else's "fault". Your unadulterated inside peek into your World Of Retardation,is both fascinating and poignant. I enjoy that your Pretend is so "real" to you. As a curious aside,how "loud" is your Imagination when you shoot it?!? Laffin'!

This [bleep] Kansas weather is a tiresome bitch and the tight confines of this cubicle within the Concrete Jungle,sure makes it easy to bear.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looking forward to another fascinating Installment of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Your incredible "ability" to amass such a wealth of "experience",is shaded only by your "knowledge" and "results". As an aside,I'd be curious to know how many crayons you ate today and just how many panes you sampled?!? Laffin'!

Please do not allow the cat to get your tongue,nor the couch your [bleep].

Bless your heart.

'tue,

Blue do reliably incite Windowlickers to go the extry mile with their Imaginations and Pretend...but please refrain from scarin' 'em plum outta the water. A modicum of Diplomacy,is a dirty rotten good trick and you'll simply not be able to keep the dumb [bleep] offa the hook.(grin)

I'm still torn on which is funnier?!!? If it were but a single dumbphuck working overtime with a plethora of log-ins,orrrrrrrrrrr that there really IS that many stupid [bleep] in this World?!!? Tough [bleep] call,though reliably EPIC humor.

At least Imagination and Pretend is free,otherwise they'd have nothing.

'smoker,

Is your Winny Whizzum receiver yet available? Have a pard halfway lookin' to mebbe go that route.

Obliged.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep]'em both and go 260. 108 Lapuas at 3100 shouldn't be too shabby. Course the day you see Stick with one you know he lost a bet.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sold it last weekend, but tell me what he's looking for and I may be able to find him something. We have a huge shop about 7 miles away and used WSM's aren't hard to come by.....usually at a bargain.

I'll be making a visit later today.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sam, I'd been holding out hope for you, but RED!?
If you decide to venture into the lighter weights you might try the 70TNT over Varget. My M70 Fwt. has such a preference for that load everything else gets neglected. My locale is much closer quarters than yours so I don't worry too much about real long range.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
260 140 a-max and you got the best killer of them all! Cuts the wind, low recoil, good brass and LOTS of good bullets. 140a-max 2940 good old tight barrel!
Originally Posted by 16bore
[bleep]'em both and go 260. 108 Lapuas at 3100 shouldn't be too shabby. Course the day you see Stick with one you know he lost a bet.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 03/23/13.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by TXpitdog
With the 243 you'll join thousands of hunters who kill deer veryry reliably each year, but whom nobody on the interwebs believes is true.

With the 25-06 you'll join a smaller crowd who also effectively kill deer each year PLUS you get to scoff online at a group of people you believe to be fools b/c they bought the more expensive 257 Wby. You also get to join delusional discussions about what a piece of crap the 243 is and what a glorious invention it's ballistic twin the 257 Roberts is.

With the oft suggested 270, you get to suck off all the sneering 30cal crowd, not because they force you to but b/c you enjoy it.

So there you have it. You can be practical and choose the 243, snotty and go with the 25-06, or the huntin' camp bukkake subject and go 270

I like this!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
260 140 a-max and you got the best killer of them all! Cuts the wind, low recoil, good brass and LOTS of good bullets. 140a-max 2940 good old tight barrel!

I figure 108's when I'm in a 243 mood and 140s when I'm feeling 7-08, cept I'm stuck in 123 Scenarville.....

Never minded a tweaner.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Sam, I'd been holding out hope for you, but RED!?
If you decide to venture into the lighter weights you might try the 70TNT over Varget. My M70 Fwt. has such a preference for that load everything else gets neglected. My locale is much closer quarters than yours so I don't worry too much about real long range.

Ole, I know, hopefully it's hideous...grin

I'm not into the LR sniper thing either, 300-500 yards is plenty far enough for me. Just figured the 95 BT would also double as a good pronghorn/deer bullet. Gun is in town but the Post Office didn't deliver it to the FFL, hopefully Monday.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
111 grain .243 & 115 .25 were I'm @
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

I figure 108's when I'm in a 243 mood and 140s when I'm feeling 7-08, cept I'm stuck in 123 Scenarville.....

Never minded a tweaner.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
16',

Necking the suck outta the 308...ain't ever a bad start.(grin)

.600-ish BC's with modest recoil,ain't tough to like and a guy could do much worse than a 6.5 these days. Was a potpourri of sorts today,as we was Woof Prowlin'/Howlin' and checking traps...in this horrid Kansas weather.

OEM 243Win/105's(A-Max),OEM 7-08/162's(A-Max) and Laser [bleep] Beam 6-284/105's(Hornie HPBT).

[Linked Image]

Missed this guy by no more than a Milford tide change.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sort of a retrostalgic day,as I revisited an aged Benchrest I'd carved nearly 20yrs ago.

[Linked Image]

It's way better than (2) 23.3" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI's in diameter and don't move much in the wind.(grin)

[Linked Image]

'Nother tough day at The Office.

'smoker,

Obliged on the heads up. Pard is hot on a 6.5 Whizzum and I think he's gonna go 700 S/A and DBM stuffed with Alpha2's,into a Chub A5. I told him I'd go 3" Winny receiver(your's),ADL,wrapped in a Sako Hunter and wearing a #2 at 24".

Be curious to see how it fares.

rick',

Couple pards as of late,have been zookin' their beloved 6.5 140Max's on Critters and are getting ascared of them,for such things(260AI's). Apparently Hornie thinned the jackets on purpose?

Shame.

WSM',

I've killed with all of them chamberings cited,amongst a host of others within the ilk,that ain't mentioned.

If ALL things are equal in differing diameters,to the tune of like projectile integrity and BC's,one can reliably take it to the [bleep] Bank,that the larger bore size is gonna squirt like weight projectiles at increased speeds over it's skinnier cousin. However...things is FAR from "equal" in differing diameters and therein lies the dilemma . Hint. For a 25 to Trump a 6mm,you gotta shovel MUCH more coal into the boiler room and the 25-06 to 243 comparison...ain't enough disparity in CC's to do that. That FACT,seems to trouble pointy-headed Windowlickers in their tinfoil hats,more than a little.(grin)

Boolits matter more than headstamps,but it's funnier than [bleep] to grant them who take exception,the opportunity to showcase their [bleep] stupidity and offer a "Treatise" upon same.

Had a 17HMR,22LR,SAAMI Hornet,223AI,22-250AI,243,6-284,7-08 and 280 in my crummy today and the winds were beyond "sporty". Schit ain't the same and it really do AMAZE me,how [bleep] few can grasp such simplistic FACTS...but obviously,they only shoot their mouths and Imaginations.

Reality ain't for everyone.

Sammo,

Had a "300-500yd Guy" along today and I reckon the jaunt'll set him back at least $10K...trying to hastily get up to speed.(grin)

Don't take long to swoon POA/POI intersections,via lonnggggggg shot strings of zero [bleep] maintenance and eerie repeatability(I've even gots a few rifles that "look" like they've been used a smidge). Ain't no fun for me to shoot and put on a Clinic(though it's easily arranged,as per my whim)...but to set a guy up with good wares,give him erector/wind dope and watching him blow his own mind is Big Medicine. Tough on wallets though,because I've yet to see a single soul refrain the upgrade in Technique or Tooling. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less inexpensive,to have never been exposed.(grin)

'Course I'm but a 5 minute drive to get out to 1350+yds and it's easy for me to say...because I've got all of it and have long savvied what do,what don't and more importantly why.

There ain't NOONE tough enough to waltz away from that which is reliably predictable,given Today's upper echelon BC boolits,in chambers/spouts crafted to extoll the virtues of same...after having done did just that. Noone.(grin)

I've seen me cart slower twist schit in like chamberings along,to reiterate the obvious,though that's prolly "mean".

Good schit sells itself.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

[Linked Image]

Love that one!

Your Every Liberal vote promotes Socialism and is an
attack on the Second Amendment. You will suffer the consequences.

GOA,Idaho2AIAlliance,AmericanFirearmsAssociation,IdahoTrappersAssociation,FoundationForWildlifeManagement ID and MT.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Although the action is gone, I do have a Lilja SS 3 groove 6.5 blank (8 twist) in Remington magnum contour if he's interested.

I was considering the 6.5 too...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
rick',

Couple pards as of late,have been zookin' their beloved 6.5 140Max's on Critters and are getting ascared of them,for such things(260AI's). Apparently Hornie thinned the jackets on purpose?

Shame.

Dang... That's a disappointment. I've got 700 on the shelf and 500 more coming. Me being the stubborn sort though, I'm probably still gonna give 'em a go on critters and see for myself...

Stick,

Have you or pards tried Berger VLDs on critters yet? I've taken Bobcats, Whitetails and decent sized pigs with them (115gr .257 from .257 Wby, 130gr from .260 and 155gr from .308), and have never seen a bullet anchor stuff quicker. Would go with them exclusively for both fun and animals, but they are getting a bit expensive for steel. If the Amaxes don't work out on Critters, I can see relegating them to steel and the VLDs for Critters. Easy to merge trajectories on those two...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick, have you ran the 6.5 wizzum yet? It is one of my favorites right now, which is a bad thing for my pocket book but great for keeping kreiger in business.
I went long action and throated to match. Even my ol lady can stackem with it. I already have my back up barrel threaded and short chambered smile As configured my rifle would be a goatphuck as you say for your style of hunting. I don't do much spot and stalk, much prefering to drive and shoot, and it works well for that smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
J
I have very limited experience with the 25-06, but I know that the little 243. is a capable killer. We have a big family here on the farm and everyone hunts. The rifle round of choice is the 243. it's killed more deer on the farm then any other round combined. I have seen bang flops with a simple Core Lokt round out to 200 yards. Shot placement is key as always, but the 243. will handle more then a stray dog or a groundhog.

Page 10 of 229 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (Akhutr, Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,439 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.