R
cool glad ur home sheridan

FJB

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rattler
finally got home last night, soon as i got off the train the wife hauled my arse over to the shop to finish up a tournament book they tried to run through the presses without me crazy

So that was the second thing you did when you got home?

How did your meat (pork) handle the ride back?

I bet your wife is thrilled your back. Good for you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
brought back around 3/4 of the meat, the rest i left with safariman....just brought a cooler onto the train....

as for the second thing i did, wasnt what i had hoped cause the wife is sick as hell with pneumonia or something like it crazy 2 weeks is a long time to be away from the wife, hope to convince her to come aswell next year but at the very least im gonna fly and cut down the length of the trip.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It was great meeting you, Sheridan.

I hope your wife's illness passes quickly.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Glad you made it home, Sheridan. Sorry to hear that your wife is puny. Hope she gets better soon.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
brought back around 3/4 of the meat, the rest i left with safariman....just brought a cooler onto the train....

as for the second thing i did, wasnt what i had hoped cause the wife is sick as hell with pneumonia or something like it crazy 2 weeks is a long time to be away from the wife, hope to convince her to come aswell next year but at the very least im gonna fly and cut down the length of the trip.....

So, how many miles would you say your journey took you?

Tell your wife to get well soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear Sheridan. Hope she feels better soon.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

So, how many miles would you say your journey took you?

Tell your wife to get well soon.

ballpark? around 6200 miles round trip.....she is doing better tonight, had our local Walleyes Unlimited Banquet and she won one of those cheap Charter Arms 38 special revolvers that have the color finish.....she thinks she hit the lottery laugh

Last edited by rattler; 03/23/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is great!@ I also hope she feels lots better, really soon. Did she like the Ken / Hoghunter Custom Knife?

Some of that liquid Apple Pie you have on hand now ought to help with those Cold symptoms of hers.....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah she loved it.....told you she would like that over most anything...have to admit this cheap arse revolver doesnt have to bad of a trigger pull when fired in single action....going to have to see if i can track down some 38 special loads tomorrow....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better yet, trade it to me/us! I actually like Charter Arms products quite a bit. IF you cannot locate 38spcl ammo, I have some left over from Sherri's now long gone Colt Cobra 38.

I am glad she likes her knife. Are you going to share your Apple Pie with your poor sickly wife? Make her feel all better.... <G>

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol i brought the jar home for her, i havent touched it.....however that jug of real maple syrup is all mine since she doent like the stuff laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rattler, Glad you made it home safe and all is finally well. Great to meet you.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hope yer gonna make it a kill date next year TDH, may as well haul home a good load of sausage. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunner, already planning on it. I don't know if I'll shoot a pig, I may just help in the recovery effort and keep Scott company. I may trade a quart jar or two of pie for some sausage. BTW how is the sausage?

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey Guys,

Just got home yesterday from my Southern travels. Visited with two hunting buddies who I hunted with in Wyoming starting about `18 years ago.Neither of them can hunt now. One is 89, and in poor health, the other is 93 and doing pretty well. Took a lot of trips down the memory lane of hunting. It was time very well spent.

Many, many thanks to all the guys who put the 2013 Hunt together. Bob, Pat and Dan contributed a very large amount of really good and very expensive food. And Pat and Dan spent a huge amount of time preparing incredible food for about 40 hungry people for 4 nights. And Allen did the just about impossible by keeping track of those who sent in their deposits. This was made especially difficult because everyone had two names.

Bob, Allen, Pat, Dan and I will doing a "lessons learned" from this year to plan for next year. Other venues will also be looked at. Your thoughts, comments, recommendations etc. are most welcome. And thanks to the the guys who brought food, paper towels and plates, condiments, etc and to those who jumped right in to help do whatever needed to be done. It would have been a good time for someone who needed an organ transplant. At least a half a dozen guys would have volunteered. But I do believe that it would have been difficult to find a kidney that was in very good shape.

One of the concerns I had about this year was that we would have too much fun. And fortunately, I think we did.

Steve

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
It would have been a good time for someone who needed an organ transplant. At least a half a dozen guys would have volunteered.

Steve:

You'd have been the first, I think. Many thanks for all the hard work you did, both in front of and behind the scenes.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Gunner, already planning on it. I don't know if I'll shoot a pig, I may just help in the recovery effort and keep Scott company. I may trade a quart jar or two of pie for some sausage. BTW how is the sausage?

Good deal, the sausage is wonderful, Wifey has already made homemade lasagne with it cut 50/50 with deer venison, plus another dish/casserole with rigitonni? noodles, woo-wee dats good.

I will feel much better next year, had a mountain of brain bending work to complete at last minute, plus just completed a 10 day hell course on prednisone, dat crap swells a man up and makes me feel like hammered whale chit, an old injury reared it's ugly head and I tried a quick kill on it. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prednisone makes me ornery and mean. I never want to take that again if at all possible. Glad your feeling better!

- Michael Friedman

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hey folks i posted the gooey butter cake recipe in the food section.

FJB
Page 153 of 169 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 2500HD, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,329
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.