-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 154 of 169 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 168 169
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gunner, sorry to hear of your old injury coming back to haunt you at an inconvinient time!

I was on Prednisone the whole time so that I could hunt a little and not remained stoned out of my mind on painkillers. BUT, having learned the hard way from previous trials on the stuff, My doc put me on a mild anti depressant and a water pill at the same time to offset the side effects of the Prednisone. I have been weaning myself off of it the last few days (Pred)and thusly increasing my Opiate based stuff back up but it was great to have something of a pain vacation during the hog hunt and gathering. I am allowed two weeks a year on that stuff, used one of my weeks for deer season and the other weeks worth for this trip. I am already hoping for the same schedule next year, I can think of few events that I would rather feel good for.

7x57 Steve, You and I already talked some about the accomodations and things. As far as I am concerned the location and lodge etc are a pretty good set up so long as they can be trusted to keep thier word about a few more things next year. Although to be fair, if there had not been other non 24hrcf hunters there we would not have picked up scopeye416 as a new member and freind. And Scopeye would not have gained his cool new Rigby inspire scars on his nose and forehead!

As far as lessons learned from my perspective, I think that if there is going to be a swap meet the time and place will have to be pre determined before hand. There were a couple of false start attmepts at the swap meet and I brought way too much stuff. It is my feeling at the moment that trying to squeeze a swap meet into the hunt weekend is trying to put too much stuff into too short of a time and space. There are other things the guys came to do that were deemed more fun and or more important.

My lesson learned is to FLY if I can make it next year. I am glad that I did the drive this time - and eternally grateful to Rattler and my wife who helped cover the miles behind the wheel with my need to sleep so much - so I will not be able to bring a pile of toys in the future regardless. Just my initial thoughts for now.

One more thing, it would be nice if the folks who release the pigs to be shot by us big, hairy chested Bwana types (apologies to Red Dot, slayer of hogs extrodinaaire) would REMOVE THE EAR TAGS from any hogs before turning them loose! Shooting a pig with a yellow tag on his ear takes away some of the feeling of danger or wild and wooly adventure smile smile <G>

All in all, though, a wonderful time and mucho fun. I hope I can do this again.

Many hanks to you my freind. You did a great job on this outing.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rockchucker
hey folks i posted the gooey butter cake recipe in the food section.

You are an unwashed philistine.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will have to look it up .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
what the hell is a philistine?

FJB
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
It means you're an uncouth cretin lacking social graces......I would take it as a compliment.

BTW.....GFY for posting that recipe!

George

Last edited by NH K9; 03/24/13.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Thanks for that recipe Bobby. I'm all over it after my 2 months of Slim Fast.

By the way...I trust you got your package.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by NH K9
It means you're an uncouth cretin lacking social graces......I would take it as a compliment.

BTW.....GFY for posting that recipe!

George

By God, George, I was about to pay the ransom on you! I've been trying to keep Bobby in line by myself.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm around.......folks have been keeping me busy since my return.

I had to hide tonight 'cause the boy is going to make me go back to Town and start shoveling off the baseball fields. He's jonesin'!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
yes bob thank you very much. and george you described me to a T

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When are you going to update your campfire handle to the new moniker of "[bleep]" ? smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't won't people to get the wrong idea of me

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snow will melt sooner or later. Maybe by June? grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grabbed that recipe. I can taste it already.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what's the name of that Irish whiskey you brought down?

I Burn While I See
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
red breasted i think

FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
got 10" of heavy wet snow today. deer pot roast for dinner and it was good

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
When are you going to update your campfire handle to the new moniker of "[bleep]" ? smile

grinAs soon as George changes his to "OVERKILL" grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Ah��hee"

I Burn While I See
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Redbreast......12 yr.

If you can't get it in your AO, let me know. Tax free liquor is one advantage to staying here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I baked some of the tenderloins over the weekend, both from the sow and the young piggie. So far the meat is way better than last year's!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 154 of 169 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,934
Posts18,498,740
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.